At Moment ,Canes 9th place in Eastern Conference, Leafs 6th place but Canes have more points

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Canes are behind the Leafs as of right now... this thread was premature

These threads get made pretty much every other day. Whether saying the teams on the east would be in the Playoffs in the West, or stating that the division/wildcard system is broken because X team isn't in the playoffs...

I understand the outrage; especially if it's your team... but the odd man out in this game of musical chairs changes pretty much every other day.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is a major flaw in the League and not fair at all.Yes it could still right itself but I think the 1 vs 8 format needs to be brought back.There are 3 teams behind Leafs with more points.It is almost laughable that these smart people that draw this up think this is good having teams with more pts potentially missing playoffs over teams with less points..Leave your thoughts but you have mine.Thanks p.s. If this was Bruins I would still feel the same way too.
Leafs would be 6th in the Metro with the canes 1 pt back with a game in hand. I don’t know if speaks more to how tough the Metro is or how it reflects on the Leafs year. If carolina win their game in hand Leafs would be 7th in the metro.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
Leafs would be 6th in the Metro with the canes 1 pt back with a game in hand. I don’t know if speaks more to how tough the Metro is or how it reflects on the Leafs year. If carolina win their game in hand Leafs would be 7th in the metro.
Leafs would be 3rd in the west (they’re currently 11th in the league). Stop trying to make the Toronto look bad in every single thread. At this point you should just change your bio for: NHL FAN (except the Leafs).

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Spargon

May 31, 2019
What about all the years with the terrible Southeast division where the leaders were in 3rd* because division leaders were 1-3 regardless of pts over other teams, and then the second place team was 9th or lower. That division (which included the Canes) should never had a team in the playoffs many seasons but the format allowed them so hush.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
It’s quite clear you were being sarcastic. In what instances has the media created a legitimate rivalry?
Wasn't referring to media ppl. Rather to whoever came up with this convoluted nonsense of a format. Be it PR ppl or accountants or whatever. It's all marketing to me. They do bang the drum that it somehow "creates rivalries" tho? That's my point - it doesn't.
Anyway, with the cap system firmly in place, I doubt we'll see new ones. The last (and only during my time) legitimate one was Avs/Wings and that was ages ago. With the efforts to even everybody out strong rivalries are less probable to spring up IMO.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Right now Toronto is currently 3rd place in the Atlantic with 68 points, where as Carolina is just outside the Wild Card with 67 points. Last time I checked that means Toronto has more 1 more point in the standings than Carolina, so your what if scenario doesn't apply.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Right now Toronto is currently 3rd place in the Atlantic with 68 points, where as Carolina is just outside the Wild Card with 67 points. Last time I checked that means Toronto has more 1 more point in the standings than Carolina, so your what if scenario doesn't apply.
Carolina has 2 games in hand and the better winning %. and they are only 6th in the Metro while Toronto is 3rd in the Atlantic. You don't see why the OP created the thread?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Carolina has 2 games in hand and the better winning %. and they are 6th in the Metro while Toronto is 3rd in the Atlantic. You don't see why the OP created the thread?

It's ok Toronto would be a division leader in the west if we're playing fantasy hypotheticals.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Carolina are not in the west are they?

White House released this updated map.

So... uh.... apparently.... yep.

sb535Rt_d.jpg

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Rangers 7th in the Metro but with better win percentage than both West wildcards.
Their +8 would additionally be the 5th best goal differential in the West, and 2nd best in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad