'It was the best day of my life!'

Ok I'm sold on this kid.

74723890.jpg

Reactions: Bandit

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Im not a Blake hater or supporter…but I feel like that is something he should know?

Considering nobody knows what the world, let alone any of the leagues will look like next season, it's a fair response to an uncertain hockey year.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Sounds like Blake has contemplated even moving up once they noticed where the chips were falling... I have a sense that even if they had the 6th or 7th OA they would have still took Clarke.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

They torched both Detroit 1st picks with a pair of D grades calling the goalie pick a massive miss, and gave a solid C- to NJ for their pick of Hughes. Kinda see their point with Hughes, thought he was a bit over ranked based on the family name and with the brother already in NJ. Top 10 for sure, but he wasn't the BPA at 4 and has a lot to work on .

They loved our pick, and many had Clarke ranked at 2 or 3. Solid pick by Blake.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Seems like a great choice, having edvinson go at 6 left us with a almost no lose option and wonder if Blake having learned the ropes under DL thought if two prospects are fairly even go with the Dman. i thought Guenther would have filled a big need, someone that can actually score goals, but this kid may make everyone on the ice better with his puck moving and passes , I know its a big ask but maybe he replaces DD as our number 1 one day, very happy we got him

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
2021 NHL Draft: Live Round 1 Grades and Analysis for Every Pick

Here's a take virtually everyone who has evaluated the 2021 NHL draft class will agree on: Brandt Clarke is the best offensive defenseman available, and it's not particularly close.

With some improvements in his skating and a bit more physical development, Clarke has the potential to become a true top-pairing defenseman who quarterbacks the top power play unit. He was the best player available and Los Angele needed a defenseman with upside. Clarke fits like a shoe.

1. Grade: A+

Reactions: kingsfan28

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
They torched both Detroit 1st picks with a pair of D grades calling the goalie pick a massive miss, and gave a solid C- to NJ for their pick of Hughes. Kinda see their point with Hughes, thought he was a bit over ranked based on the family name and with the brother already in NJ. Top 10 for sure, but he wasn't the BPA at 4 and has a lot to work on .

They loved our pick, and many had Clarke ranked at 2 or 3. Solid pick by Blake.
Hughes had the "homer" type look to it. Luke will have to play another 2 seasons in college at the minimum to get his strength up to NHL standards. I wouldn't touch him for 3 myself,he looks awfully skinny

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Brandt Clarke U18 2021 Highlights

He really sees the ice and has uncanny ability to hit anyone he wants to with a crisp pass - often a secondary (and more dangerous threat) option...and that option others would not even see. It's because of his elite vision and patience. Not to go with the obvious option 1. Impressive as H E double L hockey sticks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islcey

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Hughes had the "homer" type look to it. Luke will have to play another 2 seasons in college at the minimum to get his strength up to NHL standards. I wouldn't touch him for 3 myself,he looks awfully skinny
It was part of the reason why I liked him (Hughes) the least of the top d men. He only went as high as he did because of his brothers. Just my take.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad