giphy.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: golffuul

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Seems legit. What method did you use?

I first tried some analytical methods mostly involving integrating their games played from t1 to t2 corresponding to the start and end date of their seasons. Unfortunately, this didnt work - there was no integral for this problem in the lookup table from my sports science textbook. I had to settle for a numerical approximation using a solver in matlab. Initially there were stability issues, however, it was only a small problem so i was able discretize it very finely with marginal computational strain. This enabled a highly accurate answers with very little residual error!

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
he can carry the puck like a son of a gun . he can skate and defend all 200' like a son of a gun . those features on a 6'4'' hard body are extremely valuable and make him an excellent , at minimum , 2nd pair dman . but just like since day one im not impressed with his thinking when has the puck = tunnel vision / panic syndrome weaknesses . every minute of his practices should be focused on handling the puck in his own end . over and over / practice after practice the same thing . with a speaker in his helmet and nick lidstrom talking into that speaker . then when he sleeps a recording of what nick said playing in his house :nod:. his thought patterns have to be reconstructed !

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Diving in even deeper, this comes to a total of 31 games.
31 total games vs men last year.

These advanced metrics are getting crazy.

So if I have read this right, Edvinsson will be a 31 minute a night defender for 31 games a season?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If and when the kid shows that he can think the game and pass the puck like that in the NHL...

That's yet another level of help at both ends of the ice. :thumbu:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
with a speaker in his helmet and nick lidstrom talking into that speaker . then when he sleeps a recording of what nick said playing in his house :nod:. his thought patterns have to be reconstructed !
That's a great idea, I love it.

Would be even better if Nick would come back to the US and replace Houda.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
His skating, vision and passing is absurd for a guy his size. Like he's not a burner but he has complete control and his passing into the danger areas and his stretch passes are something we haven't seen in Detroit in quite a while. Stevie and Hakan got themselves another steal. Seider and Edvinsson are both going to be dominant defenders, all we need now is a #1 center which are of course tough to come by but I trust Stevie and Hakan. They will return us to greatness.

Reactions: golffuul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad