Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Any word on how he’s doing today?
I think he wasn't bad, just that Ässät was able to take a step forward and really took most time and space off from Kärpät. Let off the gas pedal and the game was close in the end. Vesalainen might have been a bit lonely rider on his line because it was a lot more physical game and his linemates (especially his center Kupari) aren't physically as ready as him.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Is this something new? Previous reports were he would sign in the summer
I read about it yesterday. The source didn't have a link with authoritative confirmation. It had to say this:

"
It’s been announced that Winnipeg’s 2017 first round pick, Kristian Vesalainen will be signing an entry-level contract at the completion of his season with Kärpät in the Finnish Liiga.
The 18-year-old has been all kinds of impressive as a draft-plus one player playing in a top pro league. He finished 17th in league scoring with 22 goals and 43 points in 49 games played – the former total ranking sixth in the league.
That point mark is the fourth best U19 season in Liiga history trailing only Teemu Pulkkinen (54 points), Sasha Barkov (48 points) and Sebastian Aho (45 points).
Vesalainen is a terror from the circles down and can unleash his wicked shot with precision during both even-strength play and on the man-advantage.
Cracking the Jets’ roster will be trying as Winnipeg boasts some arguably the youngest, most talented and deepest winger crops in the NHL so don’t be surprised or discouraged when he begins his North American career in the AHL."

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well he should shorten his name...... go with just Vesa!

"Heimo and Rape! Our American guest is feeling a bit shy... go chat him up!"

7f04d7c7d1d947ff9786ddc51c115f04.jpg

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
If he joins the Moose does he become next years farmleaguer enjoying the highlife? :naughty: Somehow I doubt the professor ever makes the same accusation with him.

Would be great to see him in a playoff run with the Moose.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Could he hypothetically be used by the Jets, in playoffs this season, if he signs after his season finishes?

He looks very much like an NHL player to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad