Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
"– Laukausta olen harjoitellut eniten vapaa-ajalla. Meillä oli autotallissa broidin kanssa maali, vedeltiin koko ajan koulun jälkeen. Ja kesällä mökillä, Vesalainen hymyilee."
"On my free time I've been working the most on my shot. We had a crease in our garage, where we used to be practicing shooting all day after school. And during summers we had a crease in our summer place, where we did the same. Vesalainen says smilingly"
Just thinking about a PP in the future, with Vesalainen on the right side one-timer spot and Laine on the other side. The jets team will be scary good!
I doubt that is in the cards. More likely is a PP2 that is a mirror image and uses the opposite half wall for a QB to set up

Right, can't have two shooters on the opposite sides of the power play, there's no room for the passer. Where would Wheeler set up if Vesalainen is in his spot? Could use a diamond style with the top of the diamond being a D feeding either side, but that doesnt give you enough movement in the goaltender for the one-timers to be effective. Putting Vesa on PP2 with Ehlers sending passes across the way Wheeler does for Laine is a fun idea.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I just saw this photo of Vesalainen from the WJC and noticed a strangely familiar face :laugh:

zLdQRW6.jpg

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's funny how often he is able to score from there. Basically Laine-esque as the commentator puts it.

Immediately when starting these clips I don't initially know who each player is. Now after watching these Vesa clips, a second or two in and when seeing a guy alone at the dot looking for a one timer, I'm thinking, yep, that's him. Lol.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Kristian was pretty good, again I guess? But the game itself... oh boy. Awful, disgusting hooking-grabbing-interference show. By both teams, Ässät did it more earlier in the game and Kärpät later when they were mostly killing it in lead. Big ice slows the game itself (or at least it looks slower) and that kind of ***t is not what I want to see. But that's off topic, so no more ranting here :D

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I would love to see the jets pp2 be the reverse of what PP1 is. The way pp1 has 3 RHS shooting options in laine, scheifele, buff, with wheeler running the half wall and stastny down low. You could have ehlers running the pp on the wall with 3 LHS in morrisey, Connor and vesalainen, with perreault down low.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Oh wow. Yeah. I can't read, apparently.
Yes, in two languages you can't. I'm pretty certain (from the article wording) that the "writes report to Jets from every game" is an on-going thing and wasn't only the scouted ones.

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013
Kristian was pretty good, again I guess? But the game itself... oh boy. Awful, disgusting hooking-grabbing-interference show. By both teams, Ässät did it more earlier in the game and Kärpät later when they were mostly killing it in lead. Big ice slows the game itself (or at least it looks slower) and that kind of ***t is not what I want to see. But that's off topic, so no more ranting here :D
What do you expect they are playing a team called Asshat!

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
This is just because I haven't been able to pay as close attention to it as I wanted. Vesalainen got traded to a playoff team and now can't come over to play for the jets in the playoffs? Am I understanding that correctly?

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
So if Laine is out long term do we convince Vesalainen to come over and be our black ace??

Reactions: ennsjd07

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is just because I haven't been able to pay as close attention to it as I wanted. Vesalainen got traded to a playoff team and now can't come over to play for the jets in the playoffs? Am I understanding that correctly?

He still hasn't signed his ELC. No player can play for the Jets without a contract.

In theory he could sign one after his playoffs are over and join the Jets but that is extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad