Prospect Info: At 19th Overall the Predators Select Fyodor Svechkov

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Half expected to come in here to see he had signed a 3 year deal.

Glad he's doing well and hope they bring him over sooner than later.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Half expected to come in here to see he had signed a 3 year deal.

Glad he's doing well and hope they bring him over sooner than later.
Signing for 3 years would be quite as bad in his case anyway, since he is still a junior aged player and hasn't ever played a full season in the KHL at all yet. He's probably legitimately 3 years away regardless.
:dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Don’t forget glass and tomasino. If Hynes is still coaching I’m sure theyll be in Milwaukee as well lol and some plug will have their spot again. I kid don’t want someone taking this post to seriously
As long as trotz doesnt fill the coffers with more vets, hynes wont have much of a choice as to what happens

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
As long as trotz doesnt fill the coffers with more vets, hynes wont have much of a choice as to what happens
Poile had a very "democratic" philosophy and I think it was just part of his personal policy that he would always let his coach make those kinds of decisions. Which didn't work very well this year.

Trotz should still stock some veterans... for Milwaukee and to be available as depth recalls... I think it's great that we have guys like Jankowski, Sanford, and Sherwood, or Gross, Gravel, and McKeown helping to make Milwaukee a Contender in the AHL. And all able to step up and fill spots for us if injuries pile up. So keeping that tradition alive would be great.

Past that... Trotz may or may not agree with Hynes' preference of using these guys ahead of youngsters on the big team. I wouldn't be too sure based on his track record that Trotz won't show some love for certain veterans of this type. But I suspect the difference between him and Poile is that he won't be shy to make that decision HIS, as opposed to giving the coach carte blanche. If he wants kids to play, it's kids. If he wants vets, it's vets. It'll probably be some mix. But it's more likely to be Trotz calling the shots IMO.
:dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Svechkov watch officially on..

I'm not optimistic... based on nothing but my own gut and Russia, though. Would be sweet if he signed and came over immediately too.

Maybe Askarov can sweet talk him about how great Milwaukee is and how much fun he's having. (They were teammates...)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I'm not optimistic... based on nothing but my own gut and Russia, though. Would be sweet if he signed and came over immediately too.

Maybe Askarov can sweet talk him about how great Milwaukee is and how much fun he's having. (They were teammates...)
From what it sounds like in Russian medias he will likely sign the ELC though.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not sure how trustworthy this source is but:

🇷🇺 19-летний Федор Свечков подпишет контракт.. | Хоккей | NHL | НХЛ | Национальная Хоккейная Лига | VK

It basically says that Svechkov will sign ELC with Nashville that will begin by the start of the next season.
At this point, i dont see why he wouldnt come to Nashville. He hasnt been given a great chance over there. Our center depth at the NHL is questionable. He has a real opportunity to prove himself and push for a spot.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Hard to tell with them, has he done his mandatory military time? If so, then Putin may let him go since he loves hockey and he would be playing with Askarov one of Putin's favorites. If he hasn't though, it may be another situation with not being allowed out of country until he finishes his stuff.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hard to tell with them, has he done his mandatory military time? If so, then Putin may let him go since he loves hockey and he would be playing with Askarov one of Putin's favorites. If he hasn't though, it may be another situation with not being allowed out of country until he finishes his stuff.
As long as Svechkov is considered a student it should be ok, as students are exempt from the military stuff.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Cancel Svechkov Watch (for now, at least)

I thought KHL contracts ran until May 1st or something like that? So, aside from the very rare cases of already-signed players on loan back to the KHL, they wouldn't be as likely to come over just when their season happens to end anyway? :dunno:

I would have thought there would be no "watch" per se on Svechkov, just the hope he is in Milwaukee for next season? :dunno:

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I thought KHL contracts ran until May 1st or something like that? So, aside from the very rare cases of already-signed players on loan back to the KHL, they wouldn't be as likely to come over just when their season happens to end anyway? :dunno:

I would have thought there would be no "watch" per se on Svechkov, just the hope he is in Milwaukee for next season? :dunno:
You're actually right. Svechkov cannot sign a deal for this year, only starting next year.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Just like NHL contracts, the players get regular season pay and playoff, "bonuses". MHL is the AHL to the KHL's NHL. KHL has his rights till the end of the KHL playoffs

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Just like NHL contracts, the players get regular season pay and playoff, "bonuses". MHL is the AHL to the KHL's NHL. KHL has his rights till the end of the KHL playoffs
Even more than that, like the NHL has players' rights until June 30th, when their contracts expire, so too does the KHL with their expiry date. The playoffs at all levels can end before that, but they are still technically under contract until the expiry date.

Reactions: BigFatCat999

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Even more than that, like the NHL has players' rights until June 30th, when their contracts expire, so too does the KHL with their expiry date. The playoffs at all levels can end before that, but they are still technically under contract until the expiry date.

Might of been a misread, it read like, "HIS TEAM IS DONE WITH HIM. HE SHOULD BE COMING HOME TO NASHVILLE/MILWAUKEE!!!"

I wonder in the KHL they have MHL contracts and KHL contracts? Like the NHL has with NHL contracts and AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad