Prospect Info: At 18th Overall the Winnipeg Jets Select C Chaz Lucius

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
This is the Connor pick all over again. No reason he should have been available to the Jets, but this fanbase will gladly welcome him!

A right handed shot that will likely move to the wing and replace Wheeler’s production in a couple seasons (thank the gods).
Over Paul Maurice's dead body. Wheeler will be a rotting corpse before PoMo replaces him on the top line's right side.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Over Paul Maurice's dead body. Wheeler will be a rotting corpse before PoMo replaces him on the top line's right side.

upload_2021-7-24_19-0-31.png

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He said all the right things but his initial reaction was not a happy one. Jets cost him money.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yes Stastny was a good addition but we only got what 30 games out of him? Maybe Chevy really thought he could sign Stastny . Hayes was a absolute dog though.

Is Stastny gone now ?? maybe signed with another team, as I have not seen his name mentioned here anymore. I hope the Jets don't sign him, as it's too much money and I'd like to see the youth developed.

Reactions: kellhunter

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC

Is Stastny gone now ?? maybe signed with another team, as I have not seen his name mentioned here anymore. I hope the Jets don't sign him, as it's too much money and I'd like to see the youth developed.
As per CapFriendly, Stastny not signed with a team yet.
It's hurry up and wait while we pray Chevy doesn't bring in character vets that are good in the locker room to fill roster holes.

Reactions: kellhunter and GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Stastny played on Lowry's wing for under 3m, I'd take him for a year...especially if MP isn't coming back.
I don't think he re-signs here.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
@surixon not sure if this is the thread for this but how many of the Jets draft picks are in the Black Book? Just ordered my copy and I’m curious

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Does anyone know when we usually do our Top 20 prospects polls? Our cupboard is beginning to be restocked and I’m looking forward to seeing how our rankings shape up.

Perfetti/Lucius/Heinola/Samberg/Vesalainen is a solid top 5

Reactions: MardyBum

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
This is a really interesting interview to watch if you want to learn about Jets scouting analysis.

Sounds like scouts around the league really relied on Video this year. If it works out for us, I wonder if this will become the Norm moving fwd.

Reactions: mazmin and ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is a really interesting interview to watch if you want to learn about Jets scouting analysis.

Sounds like scouts around the league really relied on Video this year. If it works out for us, I wonder if this will become the Norm moving fwd.

Thats how us armchair scouts do it. Seems there was a bit more of a level playing field this year. I think once things get back into swing live scouting will be the norm again. Its a lot easier to get a read on a player live.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hope you're not jealous of my 'Tim Stützle approved'-jet set lifestyle.

But seriously, are there any more player projections about Lucius? I only saw Elias Lindholm mentioned. I'm not sure about Scheifele as comparison from the (limited amount) videos I saw.

Scheifele as a comparable was only discussed because he says he models his game after him. I don't really see a lot of it.

On the broadcast they mentioned Kyle Connor as a good comparable. I think Lucius will be a top 6 winger but might have some trouble sticking as a C with his skating issues.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Scheifele as a comparable was only discussed because he says he models his game after him. I don't really see a lot of it.

On the broadcast they mentioned Kyle Connor as a good comparable. I think Lucius will be a top 6 winger but might have some trouble sticking as a C with his skating issues.
I see somewhere between KC and 55. He's not as one dimensional as KC. His skating looks more like an 18 y/o 55. He's a better scorer than playmaker, like 55, but not to KC's extent. KC is up and down the wing and score for close in. Lucius can score close in or from distance. From my limited viewings and reading, he has a chance to be an NHL centre...needs to fill out and make strides on his skating.

Reactions: JetsUK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad