Astros punishments: Hinch and Luhnow suspended and fired, team loses 1st and 2nd picks in 2020, 2021

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Of course, its just ironic as hell because he always acts like he is above cheating and stuff like that and is the first person to spit words out when a player gets caught for PED's. He acts like a the knight in shining armour and Mr. Integrity.

He does but now he got put in a really shit spot. Regardless what he does or says he comes out looking bad.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
If any of the current Astros were to be traded or signed as free agents elsewhere, would they somehow get out of these dark shadows? As long as they're wearing that Astros uniform, they have a huge target on their back. As far as I know, ex Astros like Keuchel and Cole don't get the heavy flak like the current Astros are getting. It'd be hard to let go of these great talents but I think the only way for the organization to completely move on from all of this is if all of the core players are no longer Astros.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If any of the current Astros were to be traded or signed as free agents elsewhere, would they somehow get out of these dark shadows? As long as they're wearing that Astros uniform, they have a huge target on their back. As far as I know, ex Astros like Keuchel and Cole don't get the heavy flack like the current Astros are getting. It'd be hard to let go of these great talents but I think the only way for the organization to completely move on from all of this is if all of the core players are no longer Astros.

They should trade Bregman to NYY immediately.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
If any of the current Astros were to be traded or signed as free agents elsewhere, would they somehow get out of these dark shadows? As long as they're wearing that Astros uniform, they have a huge target on their back. As far as I know, ex Astros like Keuchel and Cole don't get the heavy flak like the current Astros are getting.

For the pitchers yeah. But for the rest of them they should probably expect that some guys will never really accept them. And don't underestimate how many opposing GMs and managers are pissed too .... Plus they may not want to sign or trade for those guys at all to avoid locker room issues.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
This would have all blown over had Manfred spoken out forcefully and shut up, and the Astros had stepped to the microphone and said "yeah, we really f***ed up, we are really sorry about it." No, the Astros had to keep going on about how they didn't do anything wrong and it was really not that big of a deal and it didn't taint the WS victory and so on, and guys had to start making up shit to explain events that were demonstrably untrue.

And if you think players are pissed now, just wait for when the punishment against the Red Sox is announced and they keep their WS title too - because if the Astros got to keep theirs, I don't see any way the Red Sox don't keep theirs short of having proof that the Red Sox had bugged the opposition's dugout and were eavesdropping on conversations relating to gameplay (which even then I'm not sure it's enough for Manfred to yank a title).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Thats what happens when you rush an investigation after already sweeping it under the rug the first time.

He does but now he got put in a really **** spot. Regardless what he does or says he comes out looking bad.

That fair, but he should show remorse even if the cheating predated him. He still benefitted from it and would be ringless without it.

What pisses me off is these guys act like we're stupid and that its not big deal. Correa's comments make it seem like we don't know the whole story.... ummm we do, unless he means there is more cheating that Manfred "never found out about"

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I read something today (I was busy so I didn't hear the whole press conference) that Manfred referred to the Baseball Championship as just a medal and it would be pointless to remove a medal from a team. Granted, the World Series trophy might just be a medal (Personally I've always found that thing ugly and think someone's eye would be poked out) but way to diminish your own postseason commissioner. I just don't feel like Manfred has Baseball's best interest in mind, and maybe that is a commissioner's job, but it's a really bad look. For that alone he should be fired. He's actually worse than Selig at this point, and Selig was a joke.

Reactions: Del Preston

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Thats what happens when you rush an investigation after already sweeping it under the rug the first time.

That fair, but he should show remorse even if the cheating predated him. He still benefitted from it and would be ringless without it.

What pisses me off is these guys act like we're stupid and that its not big deal. Correa's comments make it seem like we don't know the whole story.... ummm we do, unless he means there is more cheating that Manfred "never found out about"

Correa is just a fool. For a guy who is supposedly very smart he sure comes across as very dumb. Somehow he makes Altuve seem half not bad.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I read something today (I was busy so I didn't hear the whole press conference) that Manfred referred to the Baseball Championship as just a medal and it would be pointless to remove a medal from a team. Granted, the World Series trophy might just be a medal (Personally I've always found that thing ugly and think someone's eye would be poked out) but way to diminish your own postseason commissioner. I just don't feel like Manfred has Baseball's best interest in mind, and maybe that is a commissioner's job, but it's a really bad look. For that alone he should be fired. He's actually worse than Selig at this point, and Selig was a joke.

Taking the rings of them is one thing. Where it'd really hurt is when you look at the history books and there is a blank next to 2017.

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Don't forget that the ASG is in LA this year so the Astros didn't exactly avoid a summer visit to Dodger Stadium. Boy oh boy the Astros All Stars are gonna get that warm welcome. AJ Hinch dodged a bullet. So who's gonna manage the AL? Coincidentally, Dusty managed the NL despite not being the Giants manager anymore in 2003. So he's in that situation again. Kinda.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I mean, he was Seligs right hand man, his preferred replacement and was groomed by him to be the boss so its not too surprising :dunno:

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I mean, he was Seligs right hand man, his preferred replacement and was groomed by him to be the boss so its not too surprising :dunno:
Arte Moreno wanted Tom Werner who shifted the Redsox's focus as an organization into everything but the baseball itself. Manfred definitely is/was a better option.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Calling it a medal would have been a lot better than what he said. He's a dope.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Arte Moreno wanted Tom Werner who shifted the Redsox's focus as an organization into everything but the baseball itself. Manfred definitely is/was a better option.

Oh I agree 100%, he's better than having that Red Sox shill Werner in charge. The bias would be insufferable at that point.

Just sucks, for nearly 30 years they have had sub-standard leadership at the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad