OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
As a NYRB supporter, would love to see Cris here. But at 33, I really think he'd still have a whole lot to offer in Europe. I could see him coming here at 35-36 a la Lampard.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They would either be GOAT or the rivalry would make em WOAT... Speaking of messi did anyone see that beautiful off foot cross against man city yesterday

Yes, he was amazing. Best athlete in any sport I've ever seen.

And his two nutmegs were just ridiculous.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its so hard to decide who's better between Messi and Ronaldo. Whenever I think one has an advantage, the other does something to quickly change my mind.

BarbaraAlphanse

no it wasnt. there were thousands of empty seats in the upper deck. 6 to 7 thousand short of a sellout.

They announced that it was a sellout and put the total up on the screen. It was around 41-42 k. If you noticed, in the sections where there were barely any fans, if some decided to sit there, ushers would quickly come and have them leave. They left some sections unsold.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Its so hard to decide who's better between Messi and Ronaldo. Whenever I think one has an advantage, the other does something to quickly change my mind.

True. Last year Ronaldo was clearly better IMO. This year, Messi is on another level.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have really liked the start to the season, but I still look at this team and think we lack talent. What happens when Mix and Villa don't play well and Josh Saunders becomes regular Josh Saunders again?

The East is weak, so we could have a chance to make the playoffs. At that point, we'd need Villa, Lampard and Mix to carry the team because its not a deep team.

BarbaraAlphanse

Where are all of the lolerpool fans on this board today??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Juan Mata FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad