OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Big clean sheet for the Reds. 2-0 and 2-1 is such a massive difference.

@I Eat Crow You hit the nail on the head. Ultimately, Liverpool were the more quality side today but it was a legit match, and the tie isn't over.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When we were attacking Chelsea's end in the first half, some of the fans were chanting at Salah that he's a suicide bomber.

There you go. You got your f***ing bomb.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Ay, wait a minute. That wasn't free.

We might need somebody on your schedule to drop points.
OGS stated that United need to win 5 of their last 6 to assure a top 4 spot. He's right. No free points for anyone down the stretch. Everton, City, and Chelsea in the next two weeks, not to mention Barca in two days. Woof. Not optimistic about our chances.

They're going to blow their load trying to come back against Barca that the Everton match has some serious let down potential. United would be lucky to get 4 points between the City and Chelsea fixtures. The match against Chelsea, especially, determines who plays in the Champions League next year and who will have to play a "play in" in August.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While I love the idea of giving the title to the first place team in theory, it is an absolutely dreadful experience as a fan.

Liverpool have been playing game 6's for about three months now, and game 7's for about six weeks. I just wanna breathe at this point.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
While I love the idea of giving the title to the first place team in theory, it is an absolutely dreadful experience as a fan.

Liverpool have been playing game 6's for about three months now, and game 7's for about six weeks. I just wanna breathe at this point.

The schedule seems to be coming around for City to potentially drop points while the Reds can take it relatively easy in a few 4-0 wins...

Just don't know how it's mathematically possible to lose ONE game in THIRTY-EIGHT and not win the league.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The schedule seems to be coming around for City to potentially drop points while the Reds can take it relatively easy in a few 4-0 wins...

Just don't know how it's mathematically possible to lose ONE game in THIRTY-EIGHT and not win the league.
Not quite the same, but Liverpool lost the title in 2009 losing only 2 games all year.

They also humiliated Real Madrid in the Champions League that year. Won f*** all at the end though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I look at our last four games and on one hand I think "That's four wins. Pressure on City."

On the other hand:

1) We're Liverpool. I'm just sitting here waiting to draw a bottom-half side because that's usually what we do at the worst possible time.

2) I know gamblers fallacy and all that, but winning out would make it nine consecutive Premier League wins. That just doesn't happen often.

I still think we're hoping for City to drop points twice which I don't think is happening.

If I had to make a prediction, I think we end up losing it with one loss and 95 points, because football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad