OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
So lets say we got Xavi like rumored, how does that help our defense at all?

Looking at our defense objectively, there is not one defender or goalie on the roster that is actually good. We have a bunch of stop gap players, but when you have too many of those types of players, it usually adds up to a bad defense. To put it in NHL terms, we have a bunch of #4/#5 defenseman, no #1, #2 or even #3's.

well if you had a midfield of xavi, diskerud, and lampard you wouldnt have to defend nearly as often since you would have possession so often.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
well if you had a midfield of xavi, diskerud, and lampard you wouldnt have to defend nearly as often since you would have possession so often.

Fair point, we'll just have to see.

This is what I'd eventually like to see by the end of the season.

------------------Villa---------Shelton-------
---------------------Lampard----------------
--------------Xavi------------Diskerud------
-------------------Jacobson-----------------
---Wingert------John------Facey---Williams
----------------------Meara------------------

Last edited:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
if nycfc are gonna play so narrow in midfield they are going to need to either get a pacy striker to drift out wide or get pacy attacking fullbacks to create width. orlando fc is playing on a bigger pitch in attack than nycfc by the way both teams are set up.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Barca's board want Xavi to stay, but ultimately it's up to the player. He could win the treble this year and try for a new challenge, maybe.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't know anything about this team, really. I'm gonna try to watch their games when I can, I guess. But, I have not been impressed with anyone at all. Not going to remember anyones names but Villa, Nemech, and Saunders.

Is that just what life is like for an expansion MLS team?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I don't know anything about this team, really. I'm gonna try to watch their games when I can, I guess. But, I have not been impressed with anyone at all. Not going to remember anyones names but Villa, Nemech, and Saunders.

Is that just what life is like for an expansion MLS team?

diskerud is good and a USNT player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad