Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (Holiday 2020)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Hadn't picked this game up yet but reading all the posts about how good it is... might have to get it soon lol

Same, makes me waiting for a sale difficult lol

As for the season pass goes, I've learned from past games to get it after the DLC has come out. I got it with Origins because I think the deluxe edition was 20 bucks and regular was like 3 less so I thought "why not", right?

So my plan is to get this for 40 and play it for months (I don't have time to game that often, Tshumia took my three months lol) and see what the DLC is looking like by then.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ahhh dammit...Now i'm going to have to wait till the 25th to play since i just scored a PS5 on walmart today....glad the ps4 version gives you a code for ps5 :)

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The first DLC has something to do with Druids but the second one is called " The Siege of Paris" which sounds like it'd be a whole new area, so hopefully more details are forth coming.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This game plays almost like you’re reading a really cool book and you get to fight in all the battles. I’m impressed.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've been enjoying it. Stealth is actually effective again, it wasn't in Odyssey really.

Minor complaints is that the Raven doesn't mark your enemies for you anymore.. also, the enemy and friend indicators are a bit small, so when you're in battle, it's kinda hard to tell who is who.

I like that I'm not getting a bunch of weapons from every enemy that I kill but I also feel like there isn't much separating the weapons either, so upgrading is a bit slow compared to last games.

Reactions: CPTN71

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I never played Origins and didn’t finish Odyssey. But I’m loving this game so far. Granted I love the show Vikings and Last Kingdom and have read all the LK books too so I’m biased.

There’s quite a few bugs however especially in England. The world is beautiful tho. There’s plenty to do but the game doesn’t make you do it if you don’t want to. You definitely have to explore to find world quests and other stuff.

The DLC is apparently Ireland and France. By how gorgeous England looks I can’t wait to see Ireland.

Outside of minor bugs and a tad clunky combat I have no complaints and am loving it so far.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I never played Origins and didn’t finish Odyssey. But I’m loving this game so far. Granted I love the show Vikings and Last Kingdom and have read all the LK books too so I’m biased.

There’s quite a few bugs however especially in England. The world is beautiful tho. There’s plenty to do but the game doesn’t make you do it if you don’t want to. You definitely have to explore to find world quests and other stuff.

The DLC is apparently Ireland and France. By how gorgeous England looks I can’t wait to see Ireland.

Outside of minor bugs and a tad clunky combat I have no complaints and am loving it so far.
Best AC game for me!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm only about 4 hours in, but I'm really enjoying this game. I was skeptical when they first showcased it, but I love everything about it at the moment. I hold some of the previous games very close to my heart and I think this game has potential to join that group.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I haven't touched these games since the first one ended in "to be continued." I'm looking for something for my new PS5 though, I'm assuming I don't need to have kept up to easily hop into this one?

No you don't need to have kept up. I mentioned it a few pages ago that while there are references to previous games and sometimes they'll help tie in what's happening, but I'd say for the most part if you're going in blind then you'll fine.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
No you don't need to have kept up. I mentioned it a few pages ago that while there are references to previous games and sometimes they'll help tie in what's happening, but I'd say for the most part if you're going in blind then you'll fine.

Especially if you just enjoy the Viking story and ignore the whole modern era story (like I always did in AC games). Just rush through the modern part and enjoy the "real" story. It is basically concluded in itself.

Reactions: Jovavic

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I caved and got it, so worth it though!

Honestly my biggest gripe so far is chasing those little papers around for the artifact collections lol. Oh and one of my side missions got bugged I think and I can't figure out how to fix it, so it's gonna bug me if there's one incomplete thing for that region.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I caved and got it, so worth it though!

Honestly my biggest gripe so far is chasing those little papers around for the artifact collections lol. Oh and one of my side missions got bugged I think and I can't figure out how to fix it, so it's gonna bug me if there's one incomplete thing for that region.

The pages are f***ing annoying.. like if I miss it, please put me back to start..

and my side quests have bugged before too.. if you go and do another one, then come back, it will generally resolve itself (apple side quest and nudist colony side quest did this to me).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The pages are f***ing annoying.. like if I miss it, please put me back to start..

and my side quests have bugged before too.. if you go and do another one, then come back, it will generally resolve itself (apple side quest and nudist colony side quest did this to me).

That'd make them so much easier. Or maybe give people more than 3 seconds from when it touches the ground to when it resets.

And good to know about the side quests, I'll go back and see if it reset. Thanks!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Ubisoft says it's the fastest selling AC in it's first week, so kudos to them for that, but how about news of an incoming patch to fix some of these bugs?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ubisoft says it's the fastest selling AC in it's first week, so kudos to them for that, but how about news of an incoming patch to fix some of these bugs?
No surprise, game is absolutely amazing. There are a few minor bugs I've come across but nothing that has ruined my experience.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It is most definitely coming. Also I hear we should learn more about DLC too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad