Askarov

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Askarov start next season in KHL and play very good , we might get him. Just build team and bring him in 3 years, when we are ready to compete. After first 3 There are about 8 more who are very close. Just get the hottest one

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
If Askarov start next season in KHL and play very good , we might get him. Just build team and bring him in 3 years, when we are ready to compete. After first 3 There are about 8 more who are very close. Just get the hottest one
More likely Askarov starts in the VHL again.

He isn't good enough to just oust Hellberg and Samonov. If he were to make the KHL squad it would be #3 goalie behind two top performers. Which is why I think VHL is more likely. Keep in mind he was splitting starts in the VHL, he wasn't even their #1 and nor were his numbers the best.

Samonov was acquired midseason and led the KHL in save %, something that Shestryorkin and Francouz (x2) did the previous 3 years.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Him moving on from Bishop granted he had a better player waiting but still him very early siding with Vasy over Bishop does make me think Yzerman will get that part of the equation right. Of course I think Askarov will be far better than Bishop so that makes the decision more challenging when you're debating moving on from a two or three time Vezina winner probably.

Lets not get too lofty here, theres 12 goalies in history with 3 or more Vezinas and only 3 of them are modern era goalies (Hasek, Roy, Brodeur). Its the same number as Price, Lundqvist, Rinne and Freddie Andersen combined. Price only has one, so calling anyone a likely 3 time winner at this point is way too lofty

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad