Confirmed Trade: [ARZ/MIN] Hanzal (50%), White, 2017 4th FOR 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 4th*, G. Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Amazing deal for Arizona. Stupid level overpayment.

That said it's cool to see Minny going all in regardless of cost. I'll be rooting for them in West come playoff time.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Pick #20-30 in 17 draft doesn't really hold THAT much value. I think it's a good trade for both teams.

I'm glad Minny got the guy. They're really the only fan base around here that didn't scoff at Yotes fans who believed he'd get a 1st and maybe a little something extra. Minny fans general seemed to feel that while Hanzal wasn't really a "need" per se, he'd bolster one very important position to an elite level, and could be worth a late 1st in a bad draft. Other fans were much less reasonable, saying all manner of nasty things, the overall message of which is that he's MAYBE worth a 2nd. Now he gets a 1st and a 2nd and maybe another 2nd and "it's really not much". Haha

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not a good trade, but not a bad one. A late first round pick is being grossly overvalued by people who are just reading it as "a first round pick". A team currently the favorite to win their division trading their first means trading a less than 1/3 chance of getting a top 9 F or top 6 D.

It's not just a 1st. It's a 2nd and potentially another 2nd. That's a lot. That may not turn into something but you at talking a decent chance at a top 6 player. Obviously it could be far better than that.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like a typical HF Boards response where prospects and picks are assets that should be hoarded at all costs.

More like a flyers fan that has lived through trading every first and second at the deadline and that leading to the worst prospect pool. Now "hoarding" picks and having one of the best pools in short order. Prospects turn into NHL players. They are important.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Who gets bumped down in Minnesota to make room for Hanzal at 3C? I didn't think Minny's depth was an issue.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Who gets bumped down in Minnesota to make room for Hanzal at 3C? I didn't think Minny's depth was an issue.

Haula moves down to the 4th line, Coyle stays at wing, and Graovac stays in Iowa. They really wanted Graovac to take the 4th line C spot and run with it, but he's been to inconsistent.

Toews has been manhandling us the past few games with Koivus line matching up with Kanes. It will be nice to have another good defensive Center to match up with

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's strange seeing fellow Flyer fans in here telling Wild fans they overpaid for Hanzal. The Wild have one of the best teams in the league, and one of the best prospect pools. Giving up a late 2017 1st to add strength down the middle in pursuit of a Cup is not overpayment. Overpayment would have been giving up one of their top prospects.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

Haula

---

Parise - Staal - Pominville
Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Nino - Hanzal - Coyle
White - Haula - Stewart

Extras:

Carter (C, LW), Schoeder (RW), Graovac (C), Tuch (RW)

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
It means just that, OUR team. I'm confident that this trade is more ammunition for how I've been right about our team for years. Care to get on topic and tell me how the biggest need was a depth center when it's one of the strongest areas of the team?

When your coach wants to roll 4 lines, sorry, but Graovac was a liability. Our 4th line was easy to exploit.

Now Boudreau can roll 4 lines, all of which can win draws and play well in their own zone.

The opposing coaches are the ones who will have to worry about matchups now.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Haula

---

Nino - Hanzal - Coyle
White - Haula - Stewart

Extras:

I think this will be the line-up tonight....

Nino - Staal - Coyle
Parise - Hanzal - Pominville
Stewart - Haula - White

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Nino - Hanzal - Coyle
White - Haula - Stewart

Comeau - Mitchell - Iginla
R.Bourque - Soderberg - Colborne

635978099897479021997030407_When-Ross-Ugly-Cries.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's not just a 1st. It's a 2nd and potentially another 2nd. That's a lot. That may not turn into something but you at talking a decent chance at a top 6 player. Obviously it could be far better than that.

Yeah, but draft picks that are years away carry much less value today.

If it is 2 2nd round picks, that means the Wild AT LEAST are in the WCF this post season... That is worth a LOT more than a 2nd round pick that is 3 drafts away.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

It's also not just Hanzal. White and a 4th also coming back

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Haula

---

Nino - Hanzal - Coyle
White - Haula - Stewart

Extras:

You've got your wingers mixed up. Nino and Coyle are staying on the Staal line.

Nino - Staal - Coyle
Parise - Hanzal - Pominville
Stewart - Haula - White

Goose312

May 15, 2015

Just like it's not just Hanzal, but also a 4th and White. Based on where those picks likely end up and historical returns from those draft positions it's more likely than not that the Coyotes don't end up with a top 9 F or top 6 D from all of those picks combined.

If they do get that type of player, subsequently meaning the Wild would have with the picks, the Wild wouldn't have a roster spot for that player. The only need in the next 4 years for the Wild will be 2 top 6 centers, and one top 6 RW. Outside of a high end #1C the Wild already have those replacements and more in their prospect pool, and a late first and potentially two late 2nds are pretty unlikely to return that 1C.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Who cares about draft picks anyway? Especially with the kids Minny has in the system.

I like that Minny is going for it.

I can't wait to see what Shattenkirk goes for. :amazed:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Before the season the Wild sucked and had no future on these boards. I'll take an "overspend" to got for it compared to what kind of season most of you thought the Wild would have.

Enjoy the draft. :bye:

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
So many misses in an NHL draft; more than hits. I'd rather keep an identified prospect than keep a late first rounder; especially in a draft year like this.

Odds of a late first playing 100 games are about 50%. Odds of even somebody like Graovac (7th rnd) playing 100 NHL games is greater than that. And he's probably 4th or 5th in the prospect pool.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Before the season the Wild sucked and had no future on these boards. I'll take an "overspend" to got for it compared to what kind of season most of you thought the Wild would have.

I call ******** on this statement. The second they hired Boudreau EVERYONE here said they would be good.

Boudreau has never had a defense or a goaltender like he has now, so maybe this is the year his team gets it done.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Like being seventh in the division ;).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I call ******** on this statement. The second they hired Boudreau EVERYONE here said they would be good.

Boudreau has never had a defense or a goaltender like he has now, so maybe this is the year his team gets it done.

A lot of people at them being seventh in the division or Wildcard team(which is fair) I know this because I wrote it down before the season started for reasons.

Also is it too soon to write down how many people are predicting the Wild to lose in the first round?:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad