Confirmed with Link: Arvid Soderblom (2 year extension $962.5k aav)

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Maybe they could find a trade partner with an Atlantic Division team as he’s 2-0 vs Toronto this season…

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
That’d it exactly Stalock had their confidence last year
But…
I don’t think Soderblom has a future with this team either
I’d rather see a Commesso/Stauber tandem then Soderblom
You're the same guy who was hoping they called up Dach. Clearly you have no clue on the importance of young players learning the pro game before being exposed to the best players in the world on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Stauber is garbage. Putting Commesso between the pipes on this roster would break him.
Stauber WILL be the next goalie called up if either of Mrazek or Soderblom get injured…that is 100%…what else is 100%is that he’ll win more than two friggin games!!!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
1706493293568.png

Been a rough one but Commesso and Gajan aren't close. Do we think Hawks/Davidson are that upset with Soda this year that they would look for another solution or just run it back with Mrazek and him next year?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
View attachment 812352

Been a rough one but Commesso and Gajan aren't close. Do we think Hawks/Davidson are that upset with Soda this year that they would look for another solution or just run it back with Mrazek and him next year?
That's going to depend completely on how Soderblom does the rest of the season.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
View attachment 812352

Mrazek was atop this list last year at this time. Soderblom hasn't been good but it's not like we're going to be competing for anything other than another top-10 pick next year. Might as well run it back and see if he can step it up next year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mrazek was atop this list last year at this time. Soderblom hasn't been good but it's not like we're going to be competing for anything other than another top-10 pick next year. Might as well run it back and see if he can step it up next year.
I'd bring in a capable 3rd goalie next year in case he still sucks. I thought they should do that this year, but here we are.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
View attachment 812352

The fact that there are 4 teams which expected to compete this year (OTT, NJ, TOR, CAR) and they're all getting Soderblom equivalent goaltending (or worse!) from guys half their games so far is just mind boggling to me.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Soderblomdoes not look likectgecsame goalie we all thought showed promis in Rockfordxand I his beforecthisxseadon stints in the Hawks net..

Sobethi g changed in his technique and stance..He isco his kbeesxa lot.. Do notcrecalk that becorecthisxseason..He does not cone out to be squarectobthecshoiters cityibgvthecanfles..sitting back to far I the net.Hecdoes not show puck awareness on plays from behind our net..Hevis not seeing well through screens. He is leaving too many gaps not covering the net and shootersvputting pucks throughvthese gaps too regularly...he has lost his confidence but also his technique looks changed...for thecworse..

You would figure our goalie coach woukd look at tapes prior to this season to research how he played then and what has changed now..If as I suspect there has been a change in his technique from prior to this season to now the issues need to be corrected.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
He should be moved with Reichel for similar higher cost(savings to other teams) players…Reichel needs to be moved a la Ladd/Ruuttu type deal…

How about Reichel, Soderblom, Phillips TBs 2024 1st for Elvis Mezlerkins, Kent Johnson and David Jiricek?

Elvis is a costly upgrade on Arvid, he’d tandem nicely with Mrazek, Commesso can learn in AHL like Crawford did…no rush…hen Gajan can follow…

Kent Johnson for Reichel would be that Ladd/Ruuttu type trade, fresh start for both

Jiricek I think is equal value for Phillips and mid to late round 1st

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He should be moved with Reichel for similar higher cost(savings to other teams) players…Reichel needs to be moved a la Ladd/Ruuttu type deal…

How about Reichel, Soderblom, Phillips TBs 2024 1st for Elvis Mezlerkins, Kent Johnson and David Jiricek?

Elvis is a costly upgrade on Arvid, he’d tandem nicely with Mrazek, Commesso can learn in AHL like Crawford did…no rush…hen Gajan can follow…

Kent Johnson for Reichel would be that Ladd/Ruuttu type trade, fresh start for both

Jiricek I think is equal value for Phillips and mid to late round 1st

Reichel is a lot closer to Johnson than Phillips is to Jiricek.

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
i do know the Hawks are having a tough season - and so I ask myself how to rate Arvid Soderblom. Mrazeks stats (.910) are much better than his ones (0.870) - but though, he's not getting much hepl from the defense.

how do you like his play? What's his potential?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
i do know the Hawks are having a tough season - and so I ask myself how to rate Arvid Soderblom. Mrazeks stats (.910) are much better than his ones (0.870) - but though, he's not getting much hepl from the defense.

how do you like his play? What's his potential?
He's played well at times and got hung out too dry more than a few times and then played like trash let in some absolute howlers fairly often. He's been bad, Mrazek is having a rock solid year, probably the most underrated goalie in the league kinda year.

Potential though? He reminds me of Anton Forsberg. He's got all the physical tools of Lankinen with better mechanics. Put him on a decent team where he can just have an alright game maybe let in a softy and still string some wins together and I think you have a solid goalie. He's mentally fried this year though. Zero confidence.

All of the complaints many Hawks fans have of Soda they had of Forsberg. Unless you've played goal or really understand hockey to a level that most on these boards don't it's hard to see. He played really well against the Coyotes one night and gave up like six goals before getting pulled. He played like garbage against the Blues and gave up six. Lotta people see the numbers and assume he played the same. I'm not trying to be snobbish or elitist but a lot of people don't know what they're seeing.

Ton of potential. Results definitely haven't been there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Soderblom is atrocious and not an NHL talent

He should be encouraged to return to Europe at this point by everyone in organization

It would be fire able offense for Davidson to run with him as plan for #2 next season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

He should be encouraged to return to Europe at this point by everyone in organization

It would be fire able offense for Davidson to run with him as plan for #2 next season.
he was way better then cam Talbot yesterday.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Admittedly, I am surprised at this signing but most Blackhawks fans said the same thing about Mrazek prior to, and for a while, when he first arrived in Chicago.

I wouldn't call Soderblom atrocious. I would say he is inconsistent and has a problem with rebound control. The question is can he fix these issues?

TBH, I have my doubts but goaltending is not really a priority yet and I don't expect Soderblom to be with Blackhawks for the 2-year duration unless he shows a big turnaround next season.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
I don't think you can just hand him the keys to the backup job again without competition. They should be trying to bring someone in on a 1 year deal like Brossoit, Driedger, Nedeljkovic, or Stolarz

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Buy him out if possible. If they don't buy him out the plan needs to be for him to start the year in the AHL. That means Stauber does not get qualified.

Soda was horrendous this year. He hasn't earned the back spot up for next season. The only back up spot he has earned for next year is behind Commesso.

The free agent goalies available are all NHL back ups anyway. It doesn't matter which one you sign. Just sign one. Offer a 2 year deal to one of...

Samsonov
Kahkonen
Lankinen
Talbot
DeSmith
Brossoit
Nedeljkovic
Reimer
Stolarz

All are proven NHL back ups. All are better than soda. All with give the team more confidence while Mrazek is not playing.

With a revamped roster I'd like to see the team try and get around 75 points next year. That can't be done when you have a back up that gives you a 3.85 gaa, .881 sp in 31 games with a 5-22 record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad