Confirmed with Link: Arvid Soderblom (2 year extension $962.5k aav)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
78B7F54B-82C1-4433-ACDC-115E79678DA7.jpeg

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Here's a list on spotrac of available UFA goalies. Korpisalo is an interesting option and not that expensive.

Chicago isn't going to sign any legit starters.

There's honestly a good chance they re-sign Stalock because of how well liked he is in the locker room, and he played well too. The hope would be for Soderblom to split starts with him, and then Mrazek gets sent to Rockford, but Mrazek can stay up if Soderblom isn't ready yet.

Commesso should start in Rockford.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Chicago isn't going to sign any legit starters.

There's honestly a good chance they re-sign Stalock because of how well liked he is in the locker room, and he played well too. The hope would be for Soderblom to split starts with him, and then Mrazek gets sent to Rockford, but Mrazek can stay up if Soderblom isn't ready yet.

Commesso should start in Rockford.
I thought I heard Stalock would not be back and that was why they resigned Soderblom, which is a good idea. Comesso should be in Rockford but I would hate for Mrazek to take starts away from him there if sent down.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Here's a list on spotrac of available UFA goalies. Korpisalo is an interesting option and not that expensive.

What is so interesting about him?

He has shown time and again he isn't an NHL #1. The shine of his rookie year has long since faded and he is just a flawed backup who can get hot for a few weeks now and then

It happened in LA he looked good to end year but faltered in playoffs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I thought I heard Stalock would not be back and that was why they resigned Soderblom, which is a good idea. Comesso should be in Rockford but I would hate for Mrazek to take starts away from him there if sent down.
I don't think there's been any word regarding Stalock's future with the Blackhawks.

Soderblom was getting re-signed whether Stalock comes back or not. Those choices don't affect each other.

Even if Mrazek got sent to Rockford, they're going to prioritize starts for Commesso provided he proves himself. They're not going to give Mrazek more starts solely on the basis that he's being payed more.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
What is so interesting about him?

He has shown time and again he isn't an NHL #1. The shine of his rookie year has long since faded and he is just a flawed backup who can get hot for a few weeks now and then

It happened in LA he looked good to end year but faltered in playoffs
Well, I felt he has some history and is better than Mrazek, and he put up some decent numbers with the Kings this year, 39 games, 2.87 ga, .914 save % and only at $1.3 mil per

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's quite possible they run with 3 goalies. Mrazek and Stalock both get injured a lot, wouldn't surprise me if all 3 are on the roster. The likelihood of them doing it is probably low, but wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Is this a 1-way or a 2-way for Soda?

If it's a 1-way he's pretty much on the team unless he totally bombs in camp.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's quite possible they run with 3 goalies. Mrazek and Stalock both get injured a lot, wouldn't surprise me if all 3 are on the roster. The likelihood of them doing it is probably low, but wouldn't surprise me if they did.
They certainly need someone else signed or it's rushing Drew. I guess action Jaxson Stauber is signed too. But he should be in Indy anyway

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nice, he could definitely surprise and perform well here.

Commesso is playing for team USA at the World Championships and though he is likely behind Petersen and Desmith in net, would love to see him step in and run with it the rest of the way.

I don't think Commesso is that far off from being a NHL tender...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2