Prospect Info: Arvid Henrikson - 187th overall

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@montreal

Although he's barely considered as a prospect anymore, Arvid Henrikson will play in the NCAA this year, as well. He will play for Lake Superior State University.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
But according to CapFriendly, they hold his rights until August 15, 2023.
Honestly, I think they just put the automatic 4 years once they knew he was going to LSSU. From my understanding, he is going the college route too late after being drafted and we retain his rights for the original 4 years, which will expire June 1st 2020.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I think they just put the automatic 4 years once they knew he was going to LSSU. From my understanding, he is going the college route too late after being drafted and we retain his rights for the original 4 years, which will expire June 1st 2020.

for some reason I was thinking this past june but since it's next june i'll add him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
''The Canadiens Swedish scout begged the team to trade for another pick in the draft to select Henrikson.''

I beg you to change your Swedish scout.

they did, last year. Tommy Lehmann is our Swedish scout, Rockstrom is just listed as a scout for Europe so I assume he's more of a crossover scout as we don't have more then 1 scout in any Euro country.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So we did retain his rights???

That is interesting. So maybe Henrikson is still on the reserve list.

Looking at the Habs' CF reserve list, Houde, Fonstad, and McShane have been removed. But Henrikson is still on there.

And his rights went from being expiring on June 1st and is now August 15, 2023.

I'm curious how that process works.

Good find.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@MrNasty found this and it's interesting. It seems Montreal will retain Henrikson's rights. It went from June 1st, 2020 and is now listed at August 15, 2023.

CF is still trying to figure out how that worked. So I'm very curious to know why.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought the extension was for the Romanovs, Sorokins, and Mitchells and players and teams in that situation:

I never knew there was a June 1st date to sign players for next season that didn't fall under the must sign or lose their rights.

@MrNasty found this and it's interesting. It seems Montreal will retain Henrikson's rights. It went from June 1st, 2020 and is now listed at August 15, 2023.

CF is still trying to figure out how that worked. So I'm very curious to know why.

I had thought they might be able to keep his rights due to him playing in the NCAA, just like if he had played in the USHL for several years and then went to the NCAA. Not that it matters one bit but I assume once he left Sweden for the USHL his clock would restart if he went to the NCAA. He can use the loophole and opt out and become a UFA on July 2022, not that I would expect him to have any takers.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Not that we should expect anything out of him but it's nice to retain his rights for an extra 3 years. Maybe he becomes a bit better by 2023 and gets an ELC.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Henrikson was drafted out of Europe. Then came over to North America and played in the USHL. Then the NAHL. And last year, he played NCAA.

If he hits the pro level, he will surely need to go through the ECHL and then the AHL. And if he does that and ends up playing at least one NHL game in his career, it would be one hell of path to get there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like the WCHA conference will disband this year. And a new conference will be formed, the CCHA, which was a conference that was disbanded several years ago. It is not to make its return. It will include schools in Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio from what I've read.

Arvid Henrikson, who is at Lake Superior, will be in that revived CCHA conference.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looks like the WCHA conference will disband this year. And a new conference will be formed, the CCHA, which was a conference that was disbanded several years ago. It is not to make its return. It will include schools in Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio from what I've read.

Arvid Henrikson, who is at Lake Superior, will be in that revived CCHA conference.

The CCHA starts in the '21-'22 season

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
:habs

Prospect Seasons So Far

- EUROPE -

Alexander Gordin (MHL - SKA-1946) : 18 pts (10G, 8A) in 19 GP
Jan Mysak (Czech Extraliga - HC Litvinov) : 0 pts in 9 GP
Mattias Norlinder (SHL - Frolunda) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 14 GP
Jacob Olofsson (AllSvenskan - Timra IK : 0 pts in 1 GP
Lukas Vejdemo (AllSvenskan - Sodertalje) : 10 pts (2G, 8A) in 16 GP
Jesse Ylonen (Liiga - Pelicans) : 5 pts (3G, 1A) in 19 GP
Otto Leskinen (Liiga - KalPa) : 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 17 GP

Frederik Dichow (Denmark - Rungsted) : .957 SV% in 3 GP

- NORTH AMERICA -

Cole Caufield (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 8 pts (4G, 4A) in 8 GP
Jack Gorniak (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 5 pts (2G, 3A) in 8 GP
Arvid Henrikson (NCAA - Lake Superior) : 0 pts in 4 GP

Sean Farrel (USHL - Chicago) : 11 pts (6G, 5A) in 6 GP
Jack Smith (USHL - Sioux Falls) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 7 GP
Rhett Pitlick (USHL - Muskegon) : 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 3 GP

Jakub Dobes (USHL - Omaha) : 1.76 GAA & .929 SV% in 6 GP
Arvid Henrikson, what an icon

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everytime I see his name I remember he’s actually one of our prospects.

His rights were set to expire this year. But the Habs retained them. He was drafted out of Europe. And they were going to lose his rights. But because he opted to come to NA and play in the NCAA, there is a loophole that allows an organization to extend the rights they have on a player.

I don't know the specifics. @montreal would be the go-to guy for that kind of info.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
His rights were set to expire this year. But the Habs retained them. He was drafted out of Europe. And they were going to lose his rights. But because he opted to come to NA and play in the NCAA, there is a loophole that allows an organization to extend the rights they have on a player.

I don't know the specifics. @montreal would be the go-to guy for that kind of info.
It's not so much a loophole. In the USHL he was defined as a junior player, in the NCAA he's defined as a college player and we get his rights until he leaves university IIRC. One way or the other, it's clearly defined in the CBA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad