Prospect Info: Arvid Henrikson - 187th overall

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So he played his first game of the season, I thought it was on 10-5 but looks like i missed the Fall Classic. They play again tomorrow. He was a -1 in the win.

Noticed that his assistant coach is Nate DiCasmirro who used to play for Hamilton back when it was the Oilers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So Henriksson announced he's going to the NCAA next year, going to play for Lake Superior St, in the WCHA. Good for him to find an NCAA school.

Reactions: Tyson

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
So Arvid Henrikson committed to Lake Superior State University, does that mean we'll still technically have his rights for the next four years? Not that he's good or anything

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So Arvid Henrikson committed to Lake Superior State University, does that mean we'll still technically have his rights for the next four years? Not that he's good or anything

moved it here since he's not really a prospect as I can't see the Habs giving him a contract before opting to go to the NCAA. I don't think we'll keep his rights but I've never seen this situation before that I can think of.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
CBA only mention retaining rights for four years when a player drafted at age 18 or 19 commits to NCAA max 2 years after his draft. So, I think we still keep his rights until June 2020.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
While we've seen Habs do well in the 7th round like Evans and Primeau, and Stapley doing well in the NCAA this year. I would have added Addison in that list until he was injured all year last year and refused to report to the ECHL this year that lead to his contract termination. We mustn't forget that 7th rounders rarely pan out. I have no issue with this pick not working out.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
While we've seen Habs do well in the 7th round like Evans and Primeau, and Stapley doing well in the NCAA this year. I would have added Addison in that list until he was injured all year last year and refused to report to the ECHL this year that lead to his contract termination. We mustn't forget that 7th rounders rarely pan out. I have no issue with this pick not working out.
There was this 9th rounder once.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad