Prospect Info: Arvid Henrikson - 187th overall

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Didn't we sign two years ago the Red Wings scout who found Lindstrom, Zetterberg, Franzen etc? I remember when we signed Lukas Vejdemo, Timmins was saying our Sweedish scout was high on him, and considering his trackrecord, decided to draft him despite being an overager.

Wonder if this was another type of Swedish picks were our scout (Rockstrom?) found someone that nobody scouted.
It was in 2010.

Christer Rockstrom

And this tells we owe him Vejdemo.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It was in 2010.

Christer Rockstrom

And this tells we owe him Vejdemo.

Cautiously optimistic about Vejdemo. Glad he had what sounds like a good rookie season. Not unlike Scherbak though I really hope he shows significant improvement this year over last for me to believe in him then anything more than a bottom 6er.

lol. the way he talks about his own edgework and how his point totals were inflated in the weaker league, he sounds like an hf poster hahaha.
Totally fine with a giant stay at home guy. Looking forward to hearing about how he looks at rookie camp.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
His interview reminds me of the one Vejdemo had last year with the same site. Both came off as very mature and realistic about their immediate goals, the kind of player they are and what they had to work on. I'll take it as a good omen.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just in case it wasn't brought up, Henrikson wasn't named to Sweden's WJC's summer camp that starts in a week. Hopefully he can get invited the following year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just in case it wasn't brought up, Henrikson wasn't named to Sweden's WJC's summer camp that starts in a week. Hopefully he can get invited the following year.

It's really not surprising, he barely got a cup of coffee in the Super Elite J20 last year, there's no way he was on the national team's radar. A good 16-17 season could put him on the map for 17-18 though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Henrikson played in his first pre-season game with the J20 team today. Last year he appeared in 6 games, 0 pts and a -6 for the J20. This is where I expect him to play since AIK in the 2nd league had they of won the final game would have been promoted to the SHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
AIK in the J20 starts their season on Tuesday, although I assume Henrikson won't play since he'll be at the rookie tournament. I'm very interested to see what kind of ice time he gets this year, since it's unlikely I will get to see him play.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He played a pre-season game with the big club this week, hopefully he'll get to play a few during the year. AIK will be in the Allsvenskan so there might be opportunities for younger guys to get some experience.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He played a pre-season game with the big club this week, hopefully he'll get to play a few during the year. AIK will be in the Allsvenskan so there might be opportunities for younger guys to get some experience.

He did play 1 game with them last year, but would be good to see if he got in a few games with them this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Henrikson a -6 in the last 4 games, granted I won't get to see him play unless he moves up to the 2nd league and even then those games aren't always easy to find ways to watch. Since he only played 6 games with the J20 team last year, I'm sure there's some adjusting going on although not suggesting he's doing poorly since I'm not watching the games.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Henrikson a -6 in the last 4 games, granted I won't get to see him play unless he moves up to the 2nd league and even then those games aren't always easy to find ways to watch. Since he only played 6 games with the J20 team last year, I'm sure there's some adjusting going on although not suggesting he's doing poorly since I'm not watching the games.

His whole team seems to be doing bad. No one on his team that played more than 2 games (except Gustav Jansson who is +2 in 2 games) has a positive +/- per EP (his game 6 is not registered yet). Might be a very tough year for him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Wish he would have moved in the CHL....

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
His whole team seems to be doing bad. No one on his team that played more than 2 games (except Gustav Jansson who is +2 in 2 games) has a positive +/- per EP (his game 6 is not registered yet). Might be a very tough year for him.

Not a huge deal. He's an extremely long term project. Even if he signs an ELC it wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned back to Sweden for 2 or 3 years.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I was looking for some articles about him and couldn't find anything except for summer news.

this article really caught my interest.

I like the fact that he's physical; we don't have so many physical Ds except for Emelin, Weber and Pateryn when he feels like it. I also like his size.

My questions are:
Is he still playing with Allsvenskan this year ? Is he benching? Is he injured? Is he the 8th D of the team?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I was looking for some articles about him and couldn't find anything except for summer news.

I like the fact that he's physical; we don't have so many physical Ds except for Emelin, Weber and Pateryn when he feels like it. I also like his size.

My questions are:
Is he still playing with Allsvenskan this year ? Is he benching? Is he injured? Is he the 8th D of the team?

Nope. SuperElitJ20. Best junior hockey league. Not SHL and not Allsvenskan. Liked Henriksson when I saw him. I was expecting him to be in the Allsvenskan but even in the junior league, while he is not suppose to be an offensive player, stats aren't too rosy. This kid should have been in the CHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

My questions are:

he only appeared in 2 games in the Allsvenskan, he's spent most of the year in the J20. Since the last time he played in the Allsvenskan, in 8 games he has 2 pts and +2 while the rest of the season in the J20 he had 15 games 1 pt and a -10. I haven't seen any games but hopefully getting to play in the higher league is something he's building off of.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
USHL?
upload_2018-9-6_11-26-47.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad