Prospect Info: Arvid Henrikson - 187th overall

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't know. If you take a risk, might as well do it on a big guy too sometimes.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Any chance he's drafted in the Import Draft? That would be great.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
6'5 crease cleaner with offensive upside, need to work on his skating. According to the internet.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Kinda reminds me of the Lernout pick. Strange, but good defensively with offensive upside. Potential to rise up our depth chart.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Didn't we sign two years ago the Red Wings scout who found Lindstrom, Zetterberg, Franzen etc? I remember when we signed Lukas Vejdemo, Timmins was saying our Sweedish scout was high on him, and considering his trackrecord, decided to draft him despite being an overager.

Wonder if this was another type of Swedish picks were our scout (Rockstrom?) found someone that nobody scouted.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Apparently the theme of this draft was defense...

We didn't address the lack of C prospects in the system with offensive potential.. but LD was a sore need.

This just seems to be a guy they liked.

Henrikson, Arvid

RD – AIK J18 (SWE) – 6'03", 176

HockeyProspect.com Ranking: NR

Henriksson is a defenseman that played most of the season at the J18 level, while getting a shorter stint of 6 games against J20 competition and 1 game in Allsvenskan. Henriksson has good size and gets around the ice reasonably well for his frame. We liked his competitiveness and the physical game in his own zone. His positioning in front of his own net is quite good as he consistently looks to clear the crease-area. He knows how to position his body to push and keep forwards to the outside and is good at tying up their sticks. He tracks the play well and keeps good gaps in his own zone. He has played well on PK utilizing those same assets and also clears the zone with authority, making himself quite useful there. In our limited viewings his first pass was rather average and he didn’t exhibit a lot of offensive upside. Although, he hasshown some upside, we also didn’t see him truly pulling away from the pack while playing against J18 competition.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
Didn't we sign two years ago the Red Wings scout who found Lindstrom, Zetterberg, Franzen etc? I remember when we signed Lukas Vejdemo, Timmins was saying our Sweedish scout was high on him, and considering his trackrecord, decided to draft him despite being an overager.

Wonder if this was another type of Swedish picks were our scout (Rockstrom?) found someone that nobody scouted.

Rockstrom now works for Montreal yes but he was only responsible for the Lidstrom pick among all the swedes you were thinking about who played for Detroit. The Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen etc. were all found by his successor who is still working for the Red Wings (Andersson). Rockstrom left Detroit in the early 90s and then was part of the New York Rangers for quite a while before getting fired and hired by Timmins.

Hopefully this pick turns out to be a late round hidden gem, but I wouldn't set my expectations too high.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Story I found on RDS.ca.....true or not, I have no idea.

When Rockstrom was with the New York Rangers, at the start of the 3rd round and for each round, he was talking to Martin Madden, head scout, at every round so that he'd chose his guy. And Madden wanted NOTHING to do with that selection 'cause he was saying that this player was bad. Don Maloney, then assistant GM, sat down beside Rockstrom, seeing that he wasn't talking anymore, we were in the 7th round. He looked on Rockstrom paper in front of him and saw that every european goalie was scratched except one....who was totally at the top of his list. He said to Rockstrom...your best european goalie is still available? Why didn't I hear his name all night long? Rockstrom said that Madden hated the guy and wanted nothing to do with it. So since Christer was a good scout and had some succes in later rounds, Maloney decided to pick Christer's player in round #7. Maloney decided to pick the goalie that Rockstrom thought was the best of this entire draft.

With the 205th pick, The New York Rangers selects.....Henrik Lundqvist.

Quand il était avec les Rangers, Rockstrom essayait à chaque ronde (à partir de la 3e) de parler du meilleur joueur encore disponible (le même joueur) et son chef recruteur (Martin Madden) à chaque ronde ne voulait rien entendre de son joueur qu'il considérait mauvais. Don Maloney, alors assistant-DG, s'est assis à côté de lui voyant qu'il ne parlait plus. On est en 7e ronde. Il a regardé sur sa feuille et tous les noms des gardiens européens étaient barrés sauf celui qu'il avait mis comme son choix #1. Il lui a demandé "C'est bien ton meilleur espoir gardien européen qui est encore disponible"... Rockstrom acquiesce... "pourquoi je n'ai pas entendu ce nom-là de la soirée".. et Rockstrom lui a dit que le chef-recruteur détestait le joueur et ne voulait rien savoir. Comme Crister était un bon recruteur et qu'il a eu énormément de succès dans les rondes lointaines, Maloney a décidé qu'il allait prendre le joueur de Crister en 7e ronde.

Maloney a choisit au 205e rang le gardien Henrik Lundqvist que Crister Rockstrom a tenté de pousser depuis le début de la 3e ronde comme étant le meilleur disponible de ce repêchage.

Vejdemo seems to develop nicely. So I might not know this Henrikson kid at all and it goes contrary to what I just said in another thread....but Rockstrom is not to be ignored. So I will actually be excited to see his development.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
will be interesting to see where he plays next year, if he can crack the Allsvenskan as his team AIK was the best in the league in the regular season but failed to win promotion to the SHL.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Rockstrom was the one behind Lidstrom, Lundqvist, Kovalev, Fedorov Namestnikov and Hagelin.

http://thereuschblog.com/?p=25361

He was most likely the one who raved about Vejdemo. Henriksson looks like a Rockstrom type of pick, yes. But we haven't been quite lucky with our late rounder euros lately... Westin, Nystrom, Simila. Word is apparently still out on Pribyl.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Rockstrom was the one behind Lidstrom, Lundqvist, Kovalev, Fedorov Namestnikov and Hagelin.

http://thereuschblog.com/?p=25361

He was most likely the one who raved about Vejdemo. Henriksson looks like a Rockstrom type of pick, yes. But we haven't been quite lucky with our late rounder euros lately... Westin, Nystrom, Simila. Word is apparently still out on Pribyl.

Of the latter you mentioned, I don't think Rockstrom was with us for Westin and Simila. I think he was with us for 2012 with Collberg and Nystrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->