Arturs Kulda

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The bigger problem is this...
We continue to get ZIP for our players when they leave.
Put 3 of them in a package for goodness sake and get a roster player back. Get SOMETHING back!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
1) Kulda's been a top pairing D in the K for a couple of seasons now and had a pretty good Olympics as well as a good WHC. The Jets have terrible LD depth and this guy looks half-decent and they just let him walk...?

2) At least the Jets seem to still care about Burmi - with the whole "continuing his development in the K" line. Russian players have options - they don't have to eat triple-decker Claude Noel **** sandwiches when there are millions of rubles on the table back in Mother Russia...I certainly don't hold Burmi's decision against him. As Maurice mentioned, the NHL culture is very different than the hockey culture in Russia...both sides have to meet somewhere in the middle.

3) Telegin doesn't want to play in St. John's - homesick for Russia maybe? Too bad it didn't work out...it may just be an unfortunate one-off situation, but when you look at the 3 together, it seems like there might be some fire behind this Eastern European smoke.

How do we know that they just let him walk? He wasn't a word beater in the AHL when he was over here and really looked to have turned a corner once he went back to Europe. The Jets seemed to recognize his improvement and brought him back after a KHL season. Certainly doesn't seem that the Jets forgot about him. Like I said it is unfortunate that at the time they brought him back we had two well functioning pairings playing well down the stretch drive with Buff and Clitsome and Hainsy and Bogo. A case of bad timing imo.

I don't have an issue with him going for more cash and I am sure both Noel and Burmie could have done more to foster that relationship. But if Noel was such a problem and Burmie really wanted the NHL career than why wouldn't he have been amicable to signing a deal with one of the teams the Jets had lined up to trade him to? If they weren't willing to meet his asking price than why should the Jets have had to. Quite frankly evem if he was on god footing with Noel I think he was going to the KHL barring the Jets or another team oppening the vault for him.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The thing that makes me really shake my head about this whole situation and really start to question Chevy is that they seem to easily let Burmi, Telegin and Kulda go, yet they say they won't make moves that negatively affect their draft and develop plan.

Does anyone see the malfunction at the junction here?

You won't use your 2nd rounder to attempt to make the playoffs cause that will hurt organizational depth, yet you let 3 players of various but real value walk out the front door for zip.

The more I think about the moves (and non moves) that Cheveldayoff has made, the less I like him as our GM.

The one real feather in his cap is drafting, and we all know that he really didn't have a TON to do with that, either.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The thing that makes me really shake my head about this whole situation and really start to question Chevy is that they seem to easily let Burmi, Telegin and Kulda go, yet they say they won't make moves that negatively affect their draft and develop plan.

You won't use your 2nd rounder to attempt to make the playoffs cause that will hurt organizational depth, yet you let 3 players of various but real value walk out the front door for zip.

The more I think about the moves (and non moves) that Cheveldayoff has made, the less I like him as our GM.

The one real feather in his cap is drafting, and we all know that he really didn't have a TON to do with that, either.

Please give me some specific examples of what he could/should have done differently here?

Should he have overpayed Burmie substantially to keep him?

Should he have forced Noel to play Kulda when we were playing well down the playoff stretch.

Should we have given Telegin a spot on the Jets without him earning it to appease him?

I am sorry but there are things to blame Chevy for (Pavelic) but what else was he supposed to do here. Kulda cleared waivers for goodness sake, he wasn't getting anything for him in a trade. Chevy allegedly had solid deals lined up for Burmie but they all fell through probably because Burmie wasn't willing to sign for what those teams were offering.

Telegin was entering the 2nd year of his contract and the Jets had every desire to continue developing him but he elected to just leave. Not sure what could have been done here.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Please give me some specific examples of what he could/should have done differently here?

Should he have forced Noel to play Kulda when we were playing well down the playoff stretch.

Should we have given Telegin a spot on the Jets without him earning it to appease him?

I am sorry but there are things to blame Chevy for (Pavelic) but what else was he supposed to do here. Kulda cleared waivers for goodness sake, he wasn't getting anything for him in a trade. Chevy allegedly had solid deals lined up for Burmie but they all fell through probably because Burmie wasn't willing to sign for what those teams were offering.

Telegin was entering the 2nd year of his contract and the Jets had every desire to continue developing him but he elected to just leave. Not sure what could have been done here.

It comes down to the Russian players having options outside the NHL where they can get paid more without having to prove their worth at the NHL level. The Jets would have loved to signed and used Kulda similar to Postma and Redmond. But he had options in the K that paid better. Now that he is showing to be a late bloomer, he would have already been a mainstay on the Jets. He may get there yet. Burmi would still be a Jet if he was willing to sign a bridge contract like Wheeler or Bogo after his ELC. He had the option of making more by proving less in the K. Its just economics, and its why there will always be a Russian factor.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It comes down to the Russian players having options outside the NHL where they can get paid more without having to prove their worth at the NHL level. The Jets would have loved to signed and used Kulda similar to Postma and Redmond. But he had options in the K that paid better. Now that he is showing to be a late bloomer, he would have already been a mainstay on the Jets. He may get there yet. Burmi would still be a Jet if he was willing to sign a bridge contract like Wheeler or Bogo after his ELC. He had the option of making more by proving less in the K. Its just economics, and its why there will always be a Russian factor.

I agree they do have options and have every right to take advantage of them. I'm just getting a little sick of the everything is Chevy's fault rhetoric that gets thrown around here. I just can't fault him much in these instances. Other than guarantee them ice-time or massive raises what was he supposed to do.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My main concern with Chevy's decision making was bringing in Jokinen as a FA and not focusing on developing Burmi. If the Jets hadn't signed Jokinen I think that they would had plenty of cap room and budget to re-sign Burmi, and they could have given him a more prominent playing role over the past couple of years. I'm concerned that they blocked Burmi's development and then our ability to sign him by bringing in an older vet in the same position. It seems to contradict the "draft and develop" approach. I'm still trying to figure out how Jokinen was a net benefit to the Jets organizational development. Beyond everything else, he didn't seem to bring out the best in wingers (like Kane), who also stagnated a bit. Maybe he was meant to be a great leader in the room, but the Jets ended up firing their coach because they weren't all on the same page, etc.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

You're taking a huge leap off Assumption Cliff by attaching real value to Kulda's name. If he has real NHL value, yet doesn't fit the Jets plans while he's they control his NHL rights, and Kulda wants to play in North America, you really think his agent wouldn't quietly force a move?

I don't see any parallel to Burmistrov's situation, because the Jets clearly want him and have a place for him.

What value does Telegin have? I suppose he could be dealt for an average AHL player.

Seems like a case of falling in love with our own prospects. If someone proposed trading any asset for players like Kulda and Telegin from another organization they would be laughed at. If guys like Telegin don't want to play in the AHL, they aren't going to have much of a shot at a NHL career unless they tear up the KHL to the point that someone brings them over later in their career.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
In regards to Burmi, I think he was just the first to run foul with Noel. It seemed everyone had issues with Noel so I think history has vindicated Burmi. As a young guy who was rushed and yes he had some maturity issues, (his number is stupid) it is not a surprise he was the first to get into conflict with the coach. But he was very far from the only one. If Ladd is screaming at Noel in practice Burmi sure as hell is not the problem.

Kulda sounded bitter at the Olympics he never got the chance to play. He got screwed and I can't blame him in the slightest for being pissed.

Telegin is bizarre no doubt...no theories there...

The Jets had a real chance to open some good relations with eastern europeans and cement some positive energy with players from that area of the world. That has maybe been almost ruined entirely. Only Maurice seems capable of salvaging this.

If I were the owner, I would be really pissed about this situation. Of course, I would have wanted a coach with more NHL experience in the first place... that could have made a difference.

I think you are reaching alot with this post. I really don't think the players all had a huge problem with Noel, after all he was known as a player's coach. I believe they weren't getting enough heat from Noel to be honest and his style didn't mesh enough with the team but I don't for a minute think they were all going around hating the guy.

Ladd wasn't really screaming at Noel in practice, there was one loud exchange where Ladd urged Noel to get practice started again after he stopped it, the way you describe it seems overblown to me.

Burmistrov wasn't the first young player to be healthy scratched for a few games in the NHL and he won't be the last. It's happened before with other teams and players from North America, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe have all been subjected to this. It didn't turn out well with Burmistrov but he faces as much blame as anyone else for this.

I wouldn't reallly call it blame either, his contract was up, he signed with a team in another league for more money. The Jets were not going to pay him more money than he was worth so they parted ways. I do hope he comes back, maybe with a little more maturity on his side and a coach like Maurice that understands Russian players better because of his time in the KHL, it may work out this time.

I find it laughable that some think the Jets may have ruined their reputation with Eastern Europeans because of these situations with Burmi, Kulda, and Telegin. Look at who their goalie is and what kind of breaks he's been given with the team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree they do have options and have every right to take advantage of them. I'm just getting a little sick of the everything is Chevy's fault rhetoric that gets thrown around here. I just can't fault him much in these instances. Other than guarantee them ice-time or massive raises what was he supposed to do.

I agree with you. I don't lay the blame on Chevy. The alternative is paying these players like UFAs. Take Burmi for example, his NHL contract status and NHL play to date would suggest a relatively modest bridge contract somewhere in the $2.5 M per season range. Likely it would take north of $4 M to match what he could make in the KHL including tax breaks. He hasn't earned that kind of money. IMO if want to over pay for players get active in the UFA market come July 1st. At least you will have a better idea of what you are over paying for.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I have been a Cheveldayoff supporter since day one. I gave him the benefit of the doubt several times.

I do agree about Burmistrov. I don't think there was a sane way to resolve that issue (outside of perhaps intervening in the Noel situation but I am not a huge fan of the GM meddling in on ice stuff like that). Telegin should have never been released. Kulda should have been given an opportunity to play. That is one instance where the GM has to step up, IMO.

I guess the thing that really annoys me is these assets fly out the door. You say that Kulda doesn't play because the team is playing well down the stretch (which doesn't include all the other opportunities to get him on the roster). So basically you don't play a player because you want to make the playoffs, yet you won't sacrifice a 2nd round pick to make a push for the post season. There is a real contradiction there. Either Chevy is a poor asset manager, or he is a bad talent assessor. You pick your poison.

You can call what I am saying rhetoric, but I have never 'blamed everything on Chevy'. I do have the right to question him, which is what I am really starting to do. He seems unwilling to pull the trigger on anything that isn't %100 safe. He seems to have a problem with either identifying the teams problems or being able to take the steps needed to rectify them.

You can say "what could Chevy do?" all day and night. The fact of the matter is, good GM's act. You don't have to blow up your measured approach wrt drafting and developing in order to make meaningful changes to improve your roster, NOW and I don't think Chevy is savvy enough to do that.

All I've really seen from him is his desire to keep things status quo. Re-sign the players he has (good or bad) and just hope for the best.

Freud said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

EDIT: Finally, I would like to take issue with the notion that if you question a player, a coach, a GM that all of the sudden you are part of some hate bandwagon. This board is for discussion of just these things. We can't all be cheerleaders of every player and every thing the org and players do. That would make it super boring around here.

I gave Noel a chance for a LONG time. He did things that made me lose faith in him.

Cheveldayoff is going down that same path. I still have hope he can get this thing back on the rails but to me, this summer will say a LOT about him as a GM and initial indications are not good. I guess we will see.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm with you on a lot of things about Chevy. Next season will be a key season for him, IMO. If he fails to do the right things this summer and over the season, I'm pretty sure most people around here will demand his head. Same thing that happend with Noel.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm with you on a lot of things about Chevy. Next season will be a key season for him, IMO. If he fails to do the right things this summer and over the season, I'm pretty sure most people around here will demand his head. Same thing that happend with Noel.

I don't know if I will demand his head. But I'm fully on board, that this summer is the time to start remaking this team. Coach is signed long term, you have a lot of good young players and prospects in the wings. Time to take a few risks and build a team that can contend, even if it isn't for a year or 2.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I don't know if I will demand his head. But I'm fully on board, that this summer is the time to start remaking this team. Coach is signed long term, you have a lot of good young players and prospects in the wings. Time to take a few risks and build a team that can contend, even if it isn't for a year or 2.

^ Yes, exactly. Time to bring some of those young guys along now. I can wait a year or two to see some success but I want to see some of those young guys develop together in the NHL.

To start with...

O'Dell
Hutch
Morrisey
Lipon (4th line energy).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I have been a Cheveldayoff supporter since day one. I gave him the benefit of the doubt several times.

I do agree about Burmistrov. I don't think there was a sane way to resolve that issue (outside of perhaps intervening in the Noel situation but I am not a huge fan of the GM meddling in on ice stuff like that). Telegin should have never been released. Kulda should have been given an opportunity to play. That is one instance where the GM has to step up, IMO.

I guess the thing that really annoys me is these assets fly out the door. You say that Kulda doesn't play because the team is playing well down the stretch (which doesn't include all the other opportunities to get him on the roster). So basically you don't play a player because you want to make the playoffs, yet you won't sacrifice a 2nd round pick to make a push for the post season. There is a real contradiction there. Either Chevy is a poor asset manager, or he is a bad talent assessor. You pick your poison.

You can call what I am saying rhetoric, but I have never 'blamed everything on Chevy'. I do have the right to question him, which is what I am really starting to do. He seems unwilling to pull the trigger on anything that isn't %100 safe. He seems to have a problem with either identifying the teams problems or being able to take the steps needed to rectify them.

You can say "what could Chevy do?" all day and night. The fact of the matter is, good GM's act. You don't have to blow up your measured approach wrt drafting and developing in order to make meaningful changes to improve your roster, NOW and I don't think Chevy is savvy enough to do that.

All I've really seen from him is his desire to keep things status quo. Re-sign the players he has (good or bad) and just hope for the best.

Freud said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

EDIT: Finally, I would like to take issue with the notion that if you question a player, a coach, a GM that all of the sudden you are part of some hate bandwagon. This board is for discussion of just these things. We can't all be cheerleaders of every player and every thing the org and players do. That would make it super boring around here.

I gave Noel a chance for a LONG time. He did things that made me lose faith in him.

Cheveldayoff is going down that same path. I still have hope he can get this thing back on the rails but to me, this summer will say a LOT about him as a GM and initial indications are not good. I guess we will see.

I'm sorry, my post was harsher than I meant it to be. I also didn't mean to imply that questioning one or more moves put you or anyone else on the hater bandwagon.

I guess its a catch 22. In your damned if you do damned if you don't. Maybe it would have been more prudent to deal Hainsy at the deadline and given Kulda a shot. I don't think its that easy to make a move like that though when you have to face the players in the room. I guess I don't see the other opportunities though. When he was a part of our AHL team he was clearing waivers and hadent differentiated himself. So I have a hard time faulting our GM for not seeing what 29 other GMs didn't see as well.

Telegin I'm not sure what his status is. I think they just loaned him so they still might have him signed.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

:handclap: preaching to the choir here! Chevy's insistence to keep Pavs as the Jets #1 netminder has been his biggest mistake that along with letting the players you mentioned walk away and the lack of moves to improve the team (not counting the draft) makes him dead man walking this season (or it should if this team fails to make the playoffs year 4 for in the Peg)

Some of you say patience, Chevy's building through the draft fail to realize that the core of the Jets will be long gone before the draft picks emerge as NHL regulars, plus a lot of the pieces were already here, this wasn't an expansion team.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree with you. I don't lay the blame on Chevy. The alternative is paying these players like UFAs. Take Burmi for example, his NHL contract status and NHL play to date would suggest a relatively modest bridge contract somewhere in the $2.5 M per season range. Likely it would take north of $4 M to match what he could make in the KHL including tax breaks. He hasn't earned that kind of money. IMO if want to over pay for players get active in the UFA market come July 1st. At least you will have a better idea of what you are over paying for.

It would appear that the Jets dole out ice time according to salary/seniority. Young guys in this organization rarely get what I'd call a "fair shake"...when they do get to play it's only because of injury...seems very tentative. Kulda, Burmi, Redmond, O'Dell, Cormier, Monty (not so young, but minimum wage salary). Maybe I'm just imagining it...?

jetkarma*

It would appear that the Jets dole out ice time according to salary/seniority. Young guys in this organization rarely get what I'd call a "fair shake"...when they do get to play it's only because of injury...seems very tentative. Kulda, Burmi, Redmond, O'Dell, Cormier, Monty (not so young, but minimum wage salary). Maybe I'm just imagining it...?

How does one explain Trouba and Scheifele then? Chevy has publicly stated several times when a player is ready he won't discriminate due to age and think he/they have shown that tbh.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

While no organization is perfect I think us fans overestimate the impacts most of these young players would make if they had more ice time. For instance O'Dell was given a great shot at the end of the year to play minutes with solid linemates and only managed 4 points in 14 games.

Perhaps the team has a better hand on where our young players are at in there development than we think.

As stated when a player shows they are ready for a role they will get it.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Some of you say patience, Chevy's building through the draft fail to realize that the core of the Jets will be long gone before the draft picks emerge as NHL regulars, plus a lot of the pieces were already here, this wasn't an expansion team.

Some of us say it requires patience because that was the prudent course for them to take at that time. Given that the plan was to draft and develop, clearly they'd built in the possibility that they'd need to weather the storm of a few years of mediocrity over an interim period. That would be why holes have mainly been plugged to date via the waiver wire, because the club had little in the way of organizational depth to trade to effect significant change. Trading from a point of weakness equates to little more than shuffling deck chairs.

Your view expressed above assumes that no changes will be made to alter the roster - be it trades or prospect graduations; none of us are aware of any planned changes so by extension you are making an assumption sans the required input information.

In the meantime, they've been drafting and developing. In my view, the change that is most required in Winnipeg is increased roster depth (aside from a positional change in goal) - and that will come mainly from within, despite that many of us here love to talk about potential trades. Heard a great interview with Jaffray the other day; he noted that, in the IceCaps current run, the difference between the old Moose teams and the current IceCaps is that the Moose were basically veteran-laden while with the IceCaps the rookies are carrying a chunk of the playoff load....
https://soundcloud.com/680cjob/jaso...captain?in=680cjob/sets/upperdeck-sports-show

That bodes really well for our future here. The additional depth the Jets so sorely need is currently cooking in St. John's.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
How does one explain Trouba and Scheifele then? Chevy has publicly stated several times when a player is ready he won't discriminate due to age and think he/they have shown that tbh.

Chevy drafted Trouba and Scheifele - and they're Top 10 first round picks. We should expect them to play in the NHL sooner rather than later. And Scheifele wasn't given much of an opportunity to stick with the big club in 2011-12 and 2012-13...was he not ready in January 2013? If he'd had the 2012-13 season to figure out the pro game maybe he wouldn't have spent the first 20 games this year struggling.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
While no organization is perfect I think us fans overestimate the impacts most of these young players would make if they had more ice time. For instance O'Dell was given a great shot at the end of the year to play minutes with solid linemates and only managed 4 points in 14 games.

Perhaps the team has a better hand on where our young players are at in there development than we think.

As stated when a player shows they are ready for a role they will get it.

Or maybe they don't want to mess with Zinger's farm team baby when things are going good? Would the Jets have been better off with Cormier or O'Dell or Redmond (or Kulda or Burmi) instead of Wright or Thorburn or Ellerby in the lineup?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
My main concern with Chevy's decision making was bringing in Jokinen as a FA and not focusing on developing Burmi. If the Jets hadn't signed Jokinen I think that they would had plenty of cap room and budget to re-sign Burmi, and they could have given him a more prominent playing role over the past couple of years. I'm concerned that they blocked Burmi's development and then our ability to sign him by bringing in an older vet in the same position. It seems to contradict the "draft and develop" approach. I'm still trying to figure out how Jokinen was a net benefit to the Jets organizational development. Beyond everything else, he didn't seem to bring out the best in wingers (like Kane), who also stagnated a bit. Maybe he was meant to be a great leader in the room, but the Jets ended up firing their coach because they weren't all on the same page, etc.

Yup. Having Slater as our 3rd line C wasn't an option that was going to get us in the post-season. Logical thing to do is fix this.

Problem was, as you said, Jokinen blocked Burmi in the lineup. We only had 3 top 9 calibre wingers then. Ladd, Wheeler and Kane.

Miettinen
Ponikarovski-->Tangradi
Thorburn
Wright
Peluso

...Was our bottom six winger depth.

Now there has been Frolik added and Buff playing forward. We have 5. And O'Dell could be? Adding a UFA would be the best.

Just give Maurice the pieces and let him out it all together.

ANYWAY on topic...if Kulda is as good as Holden contends...I don't even know why someone wouldn't see it in practice. Maybe with Maurice here vs Noel it would make a difference?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think you are reaching alot with this post. I really don't think the players all had a huge problem with Noel, after all he was known as a player's coach. I believe they weren't getting enough heat from Noel to be honest and his style didn't mesh enough with the team but I don't for a minute think they were all going around hating the guy.

Ladd wasn't really screaming at Noel in practice, there was one loud exchange where Ladd urged Noel to get practice started again after he stopped it, the way you describe it seems overblown to me.

Burmistrov wasn't the first young player to be healthy scratched for a few games in the NHL and he won't be the last. It's happened before with other teams and players from North America, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe have all been subjected to this. It didn't turn out well with Burmistrov but he faces as much blame as anyone else for this.

I wouldn't reallly call it blame either, his contract was up, he signed with a team in another league for more money. The Jets were not going to pay him more money than he was worth so they parted ways. I do hope he comes back, maybe with a little more maturity on his side and a coach like Maurice that understands Russian players better because of his time in the KHL, it may work out this time.

I find it laughable that some think the Jets may have ruined their reputation with Eastern Europeans because of these situations with Burmi, Kulda, and Telegin. Look at who their goalie is and what kind of breaks he's been given with the team.

I remember around Xmas time Stuart, Ladd and Little saying numerous times in interviews 'something has to change'. Ladd, I thought, looked like a basket case of stress for that month or six weeks.

If I'm overblowing the situation with the coach, your minimizing it.

The situation with Telegin, Burmi, Kulda is bad karma all the way around. They are not going to go back to their home countries and say good things about us given their experiences. Kulda sounded especially bitter.

Giving Pavelec even more rope to hang himself makes the situation even more bizarre, because the other two, Kulda and Burmi, deserved contracts as much if not more than Pavelec.

Remember Burmi was pissed at the Jokinen situation, wondering why he was getting more ice when he was playing better. Jokinen, like Pavelec, is a Euro.

If the Jets want to hold up Pavelec as their prize euro recruit, well, all Jets fans are hooped.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I remember around Xmas time Stuart, Ladd and Little saying numerous times in interviews 'something has to change'. Ladd, I thought, looked like a basket case of stress for that month or six weeks.

If I'm overblowing the situation with the coach, your minimizing it.

The situation with Telegin, Burmi, Kulda is bad karma all the way around. They are not going to go back to their home countries and say good things about us given their experiences. Kulda sounded especially bitter.

Giving Pavelec even more rope to hang himself makes the situation even more bizarre, because the other two, Kulda and Burmi, deserved contracts as much if not more than Pavelec.

Remember Burmi was pissed at the Jokinen situation, wondering why he was getting more ice when he was playing better. Jokinen, like Pavelec, is a Euro.

If the Jets want to hold up Pavelec as their prize euro recruit, well, all Jets fans are hooped.

What do you think the Jets should have done about the Telegin situation? I am really curious. He was/still is under contract and the team was willing to invest resources to develop him. From what I gather they liked him as a prospect. He just upped and left in his second year. Not sure they really could have done things differently with him.

Maybe Kulda could have been handled better by Noel, but I don't think it was a massive failure either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad