Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How so? Various guys having the same production years with others dropping down slightly and others having bumps forward.
What people argued was that the team was very unlikely going to see career years from as many players, that some like Domi are likely to regress and we would be less lucky with injuries. All in all, the team was just as likely, if not more, to miss the playoffs again and regress.
It's exactly what's happened.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What people argued was that the team was very unlikely going to see career years from as many players, that some like Domi are likely to regress and we would be less lucky with injuries. All in all, the team was just as likely, if not more, to miss the playoffs again and regress.
It's exactly what's happened.

Only Domi had a substantial bump last year. The rest have proven that kind of production before and it's reasonable to assume up/down movements. What do you have to say about Tatar and Danault? I remember several people saying it was a career year last year for them and they won't do it again.

Basically, your narrative is we suck bad. You have said this for two seasons in a row now. Reality to me is we are a fringe wild card team when healthy. We have not had season ending injuries like before (Price/Gallagher and Price/Weber) but we have had above average injuries compared to what most teams face season to season. We have flaws in our roster for sure but I think you are making too much attempt to double down on them

The only way we rise in the standings is with the kids and depends on how fast they mature and grow.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Only Domi had a substantial bump last year. The rest have proven that kind of production before and it's reasonable to assume up/down movements. What do you have to say about Tatar and Danault? I remember several people saying it was a career year last year for them and they won't do it again.
I mean, I literally just answered. It was never about whether or not 1-2 guys can't repeat or even outdo themselves, it was about the entire team+injuries.
Last year everything was working perfectly, pretty much everyone on career highs and healthy. This was unlikely to repeat itself and it hasn't. Some regressed, some got injured, all in all, Habs are struggling more.
As I said, those people were exactly right.

Basically, your narrative is we suck bad. You have said this for two seasons in a row now. Reality to me is we are a fringe wild card team when healthy. We have not had season ending injuries like before (Price/Gallagher and Price/Weber) but we have had above average injuries compared to what most teams face season to season. We have flaws in our roster for sure but I think you are making too much attempt to double down on them
Damn right we suck. We needed almost everything to go our way last season just to barely miss the POs.
This year things aren't as squeaky clean, low and behold, we bottom out. Luckily for Bergevin, he brought in Kovalchuk and he's definitely stepped up. If it weren't for him, we'd be closer to Ottawa.
Still, we're unlikely to make the POs. The team as a whole is poorly built.
The only way we rise in the standings is with the kids and depends on how fast they mature and grow.
Not just ''how fast'' but if they even reach their potential, and even then, our kids aren't exactly set to become stars so...there's no certainty we would become anything more than a PO bubble team.

Reactions: Rosso Scuderia

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Aren't we seeing career years from pretty much the same amount of players as last year?

How is our team's overall scoring compared to last season?
Nope. Domi is way down, Gallagher and Drouin are out injured. KK regressed. Struggles.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Nope. Domi is way down, Gallagher and Drouin are out injured. KK regressed. Struggles.
Domi and Kotkaniemi, sure. Gallagher's and Drouin's injuries are a separate issue. They were producing just fine when healthy. Tatar, Danault, Armia, Lehkonen, Mete and Chiarot all have career years so far.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Domi and Kotkaniemi, sure. Gallagher's and Drouin's injuries are a separate issue. They were producing just fine when healthy. Tatar, Danault, Armia, Lehkonen, Mete and Chiarot all have career years so far.

The point was we weren't going to get as much career highs from the top, be it by regression or injuries.
Exactly what happened.
Who had career years last year and didn't belong?
Domi is a big one.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The point was we weren't going to get as much career highs from the top, be it by regression or injuries.
Exactly what happened.

Domi is a big one.

Nah... you are changing the narrative. The comments were too many career years and they will fall back which means you thought we would finish bottom 5 again. Only Domi has fell back but the season is not over yet either. I think he finishes around 60 pts. And it's not a massive stretch he gets 60-80 range in the future. Same applies to Drouin

You are ignoring the context of players touching their prime or are in it. You must be getting tired and frustrated with your bottom 5 predictions in back to back years now eh? :sarcasm:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nah... you are changing the narrative. The comments were too many career years and they will fall back which means you thought we would finish bottom 5 again. Only Domi has fell back but the season is not over yet either. I think he finishes around 60 pts. And it's not a massive stretch he gets 60-80 range in the future. Same applies to Drouin
Never changed my narrative. Domi was the main piece of discussion. I never argued KK could not surpass his 30pt total.
Bottom line is, factoring in every, which has always been the main point. Habs are more likely to regress than progress, and that's exactly what's happened.
You're too busy trying to ''catch me'' this is zooming by your head.
You are ignoring the context of players touching their prime or are in it. You must be getting tired and frustrated with your bottom 5 predictions in back to back years now eh? :sarcasm:
I never suggested we would finish in the bottom 5 this year, so there you go inventing crap again.
And what I did say last year was exactly right, for us to be a PO bubble team, we would need strong years from many players, which happened. So ya, I'm so tired of being right. :facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Never changed my narrative. Domi was the main piece of discussion. I never argued KK could not surpass his 30pt total.
Bottom line is, factoring in every, which has always been the main point. Habs are more likely to regress than progress, and that's exactly what's happened.
You're too busy trying to ''catch me'' this is zooming by your head.

I never suggested we would finish in the bottom 5 this year, so there you go inventing crap again.
And what I did say last year was exactly right, for us to be a PO bubble team, we would need strong years from many players, which happened. So ya, I'm so tired of being right. :facepalm:

See how it feels when people label you? That's what you get for taking a strong stance saying we suck really bad and are bottom 5 in the NHL. I wish I had access or bookmarked your post. You are clearly changing your story

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Atm Lehkonen is a top 9 Finnish player. He’d be a top 6 if he’s a Finnish’er.

Ideally, when our kids fill holes, Lehkonen is a valuable bottom 6 piece. I like this kid a lot and I even have him on the 4th line and PK time. This will change for sure but I project the line-up this way in a few years... I actually think we will have three 2nd type quality lines and our 4th could be above average. Lehkonen moves up with injuries and gets additional time on the PK. Tatar, Petry, Kovalchuk, Byron are traded in the 2 year window. It's about how it's tracking after that.

List the top 3 lines an any order you wish. If you want to take a fit, you don't understand the point.

Poehling / Suzuki / Caufield
Domi / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Lehkonen / Olofsson / Ylonen

Teasdale / Hillis / Stapley

Romanov / Weber
Struble / Norlinder
Harris / Fleury
Mete / Brook

Kulak / Juulsen

Price
Primeau

Things will change yes.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
:huh:
The point was always to include everything together, not single out aspects.
You realize we are scoring more goals per game so far compared to last season?

We were #14 scoring team at the end of last season. We're at #17 at this point.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-15_15-2-55.png

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Even if he’s not the best offensive player, at his cap hit he’s a player I would keep for a long time. He is a quality bottom 6 player who is really useful in the other aspect of the games (defence, forecheck) and he seem to be popular in the locker room.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Even if he’s not the best offensive player, at his cap hit he’s a player I would keep for a long time. He is a quality bottom 6 player who is really useful in the other aspect of the games (defence, forecheck) and he seem to be popular in the locker room.

Agreed. A very valuable bottom 6 piece than can play both wings and on the PK. Turns 25 in July so he's in prime years now. I expect him to get a bit better too. Every team needs assets like this and jumping on his back cause he can't finish is not right for a player like this.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad