Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The simple truth is you have to like Lehk for what he is and not for what he isn't. Eller was exactly the same. We always want our players to be more than they can possibly be and much of it stems from the lack of true top end talent on the club. People who view him as a role player are quite satisfied overall.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This guy is on pace for 50 points with no PP time... Some of you should give yourself a serious head shake...

He's on pace for 50 points??

I think you need to give the part of your head that's doing your math a serious shake.

Reactions: ottawa

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The simple truth is you have to like Lehk for what he is and not for what he isn't. Eller was exactly the same. We always want our players to be more than they can possibly be and much of it stems from the lack of true top end talent on the club. People who view him as a role player are quite satisfied overall.

They’re more than they’ve ever been as soon as we trade them. Pump up previous players to make bergy look bad.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
On pace for 40 points, plays a good 2 way game. He’s a good role player.
Given what he did at the end of the year with Domi and Shaw, I'd like to keep trying to find him linemates he has chemstry with.

Perhaps: Poehling-Domi-Lehkonen

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

He came advertised to have a pretty wicked shot. I thought he showed it at times in his rookie season. I also thought he was perhaps the best forward not named radulov in those playoffs.

So with that baseline in mind, I've found him underwhelming, but there's definitely a use for him. He's got a good motor, and he uses it.

Reactions: angusyoung

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't see the game but saw that Leks had 2 goals, then looked up to see when the last time he did that was and saw he had 1 goal in his last 16 games. ouch. Still with 9 he's only 2 away from last year, so he should hit around 15 this season I would think as he's on pace for 18.

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Lehkonen has scored 2 goals in every game since the kovalchuk signing. ....... coincidence?

Reactions: montreal

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't see the game but saw that Leks had 2 goals, then looked up to see when the last time he did that was and saw he had 1 goal in his last 16 games. ouch. Still with 9 he's only 2 away from last year, so he should hit around 15 this season I would think as he's on pace for 18.

he almost had a 3rd goal too..in alone and tried to go 5 hole...Murray squeezed his pads at last second...

Reactions: montreal

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
18 goal 40 point pace. I know that's not great for a top 6 player but considering he gets no PP time, it's not too bad.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree. An overplayed player that would fit right in on a third line, funny enough, I think hed make an insane duo with Danault on the third line.

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Kovalchuk Suzuki Caufield/other skilled UFA
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia (our 2nd 2nd line)
Poehling Danault Lehkonen ( our 3rd line)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I agree. An overplayed player that would fit right in on a third line, funny enough, I think hed make an insane duo with Danault on the third line.
I have no problem with having Lehk and Danault on the third line, the problem is that Danault is the best center on this team!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tatar Domi Gallagher
Kovalchuk Suzuki Caufield/other skilled UFA
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia (our 2nd 2nd line)
Poehling Danault Lehkonen ( our 3rd line)

I dont really care about whole lines, I just want to see good duos made.
Domi-Gallagher is the all important thing that needs to happen.

Also, help me if Kovalchuk is resigned and Tatar isn't traded away.

I have no problem with having Lehk and Danault on the third line, the problem is that Danault is the best center on this team!

Domi and Suzuki are both better centers. When it comes to the offensive side of things, Kotkaniemi is also better than Domi.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I wonder if he can be a late bloomer. He is only 24. Look at Danault and Armia, only hitting their strides now at 26/27/28.

I don't know if Lek will ever be a 30 G guy, but at 26/27 its possible he could round out his offensive touch and be a 20-25 goal guy.

2.5 million is a good deal for everything he brings to the team.

Reactions: sharks9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad