Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
On pace for 40 points, plays a good 2 way game. He’s a good role player.

I remember some pretend experts out there tire deflating both Armia and Lehkonen over the course of the last two seasons. "get rid of them" or "4th line players". Our fan base can use a little less of these types IMO. Some are letting their frustrations with Bergevin get out of control and they take it out on the players.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I remember some pretend experts out there tire deflating both Armia and Lehkonen over the course of the last two seasons. "get rid of them" or "4th line players". Our fan base can use a little less of these types IMO. Some are letting their frustrations with Bergevin get out of control and they take it out on the players.
Very true. And I think the best is yet to come with Lehky and Armia, late bloomers.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Very true. And I think the best is yet to come with Lehky and Armia, late bloomers.

What's funny is most players prime is from 25-30. Some expand past that to 24-31 and the ones who have larger prime year spans are elite level. Lehkonen, Danault, Armia types have prime years from 25-30.

Some Habs fans saying this summer that the career years is not sustainable are not looking at context.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I think so too. Haven't watch Lehkonen that much, but Armia has it all. Maybe not given the chance. I mean by that he's been a shooter as of young, but maybe not given the role. But he has it. He can do that, shoot.

And Armia isn't really before called one man army, since he is a heck of a player. He's so good holding the puck, being defensive when need. So PK and such take him without a blink of an eye.

He's physical, he's gritty while still when given the chance, able to do more. One of my favorite players that I can't really watch because of time zones. But yeah, hope things get better. Nothing better than a good story. For ...everyone. Maybe not the opposition.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
What's funny is most players prime is from 25-30. Some expand past that to 24-31 and the ones who have larger prime year spans are elite level. Lehkonen, Danault, Armia types have prime years from 25-30.

Some Habs fans saying this summer that the career years is not sustainable are not looking at context.

Agreed. Calling Lehkonen a "late bloomer" at this age would be absurd.

Usually the early bloomers are the offensive players whereas defensive play takes longer to develop.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Good player. Coaches live this type of player. Like Pleks back in the day.

has the skill to score more. Might bloom late in that regard.

will be a Hab for a long time.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Lekhonen is another one of those players that is really low maintenance, reliable and can be slotted anywhere. I find him impressive in almost every game I watch.

I would be surprised if he ever becomes a 60-70 player, but I can easily see a few 40-45 point seasons hovering around 20 goals.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lekhonen is another one of those players that is really low maintenance, reliable and can be slotted anywhere. I find him impressive in almost every game I watch.

I would be surprised if he ever becomes a 60-70 player, but I can easily see a few 40-45 point seasons hovering around 20 goals.

Lehkonen is well respected by his fellow team mates and coaches. He is clearly being used as a versatile winger who is responsible at both ends and can play both wings. Plus he is only touching prime years of 25-30 now. There is actually a possibility he grows more like Danault did from 24-26.

A coach using a 24 year old to shelter some lines in the 200' game? :sarcasm: The kid is good and brings lots of value to us

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen much of him the past season or two but was always a fan a solid 3rd liner for us but always wanted him at RW where he seems a bit better but guessing that won't be happening in the future if Suzuki, Caufield, Armia are there.

He's clearly had major problems finding consistency but still puts up solid numbers for a 3rd liner.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Loved Lehk's game last night. He seems to be playing with a ton of confidence. Finish is still not where we all want it to be, but man he's a treat to watch hound the puck.

I know Danault got a lot of accolade for his defensive play last year, but for my money, Artturi is our best penalty killer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't seen much of him the past season or two but was always a fan a solid 3rd liner for us but always wanted him at RW where he seems a bit better but guessing that won't be happening in the future if Suzuki, Caufield, Armia are there.

He's clearly had major problems finding consistency but still puts up solid numbers for a 3rd liner.

He's a 3rd liner. But with a fully healthy team, I have him on the 4th line - at RW. Its an indication of our healthy lineup with the acquisition of Kovalchuk and Caufield on the way.

Who in the top 9 do you have him ahead of on the depth chart?

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Suzuki
Drouin KK Armia

If Suzuki slides into the 3c hole, Caufield into 2nd line RW, then KK will be his center - with Poehling or Byron at LW.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's a 3rd liner. But with a fully healthy team, I have him on the 4th line - at RW. Its an indication of our healthy lineup with the acquisition of Kovalchuk and Caufield on the way.

Who in the top 9 do you have him ahead of on the depth chart?

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Kovalchuk Domi Suzuki
Drouin KK Armia

If Suzuki slides into the 3c hole, Caufield into 2nd line RW, then KK will be his center - with Poehling or Byron at LW.

when healthy they need to make a trade

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
when healthy they need to make a trade
why? So the Lehkonen can play on the 3rd line?
We're a better team with 9 better forwards than Lehkonen. And Lehkonen makes the 4th line much stronger than any player we currently have on it.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I'm seeing Poehling coming along and we mat soon see what he can do in the top 9.

Lehkonen hadn't done much offensively with Domi, until recently. Lehkonen-Domi- Suzuki didn't work in the past. If Drouin-KK-Armia are reunited, that leaves Lehkonen and Pohling fighting to complete the Domi- Suzuki duo. Sometines it's about chemistry.
Also Aturri leads the league in hitting the goalies jersey crest

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I guess the frustrating thing is that he came advertised in north America has having a pretty good shot.

Well, in reality, Lehkonen is a responsible, relentless worker who likes to go to the net, but I haven't seen that shot materialize in the nhl.

He's a nice support player, but man, for all the chances he is involved in, a little more finish would have made him a fan favourite for sure.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
because they are going nowhere so it would be a great time to trade Tatar while his value may never be higher.

MB wants to make the playoffs next year. I have a hard time seeing him make a trade that makes us weaker next year. But yes, if a team steps up with an offer he can't refuse - and we're out of the playoffs with no chance of making it at the dealine - maybe MB pulls the trigger.

But he won't pull the rug out from under the team fighting for the playoffs. And I can't see him trading him for a late 1st. But Buffalo are rumored to be buyers...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

And yet they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad