Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The 4th line plays 12 minutes a night, so I don't want the 4th line to be a waste...

We don't have an elite 1st line. We need our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines to be really good. So no shame in him not being better than who we have on the 2nd and 3rd lines - it just means the team is built the way it is supposed to be built for a team without an elite 1st line.

Who do you think he beats out to remain in the top 9 from: Domi, Suzuki, Armia, Drouin Kotkaniemi, Poehling? KK may need time in Laval. But I'm hoping Poehling can start to come on. I'd like to see more of Poehling-Domi-.

I love Poehling but how come he's ahead of Lehkonen today? Come on..

Reactions: HBDay

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I love Poehling but how come he's ahead of Lehkonen today? Come on..
Leks is way ahead of Poehling right now and there's no way he drops below him in the lineup anytime soon. RP would need to study how Suzuki has earned his promotions in half a season and earn his way up. The cream will always rise to the top, CJ is savvy enough to know this and reward it.

Not today, but by the end of the year?

Last edited:

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The 4th line plays 12 minutes a night, so I don't want the 4th line to be a waste...

We don't have an elite 1st line. We need our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines to be really good. So no shame in him not being better than who we have on the 2nd and 3rd lines - it just means the team is built the way it is supposed to be built for a team without an elite 1st line.

Who do you think he beats out to remain in the top 9 from: Domi, Suzuki, Armia, Drouin Kotkaniemi, Poehling? KK may need time in Laval. But I'm hoping Poehling can start to come on. I'd like to see more of Poehling-Domi-.

Leks is way ahead of Poehling right now and there's no way he drops below him in the lineup anytime soon. RP would need to study how Suzuki has earned his promotions in half a season and earn his way up. The cream will always rise to the top, CJ is savvy enough to know this and reward it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not even by the end of the year!

Lehkonen is the kind of player that plays the invisible game for the typical viewer.

And he actually excels at doing it, that's why Julien keeps using him for 16 minutes a night.

I'm seeing Poehling coming along and we mat soon see what he can do in the top 9.

Lehkonen hadn't done much offensively with Domi, until recently. Lehkonen-Domi- Suzuki didn't work in the past. If Drouin-KK-Armia are reunited, that leaves Lehkonen and Pohling fighting to complete the Domi- Suzuki duo. Sometines it's about chemistry.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm seeing Poehling coming along and we mat soon see what he can do in the top 9.

Lehkonen hadn't done much offensively with Domi, until recently. Lehkonen-Domi- Suzuki didn't work in the past. If Drouin-KK-Armia are reunited, that leaves Lehkonen and Pohling fighting to complete the Domi- Suzuki duo. Sometines it's about chemistry.
Again, Lehkonen does things that you can't see apparently.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again, Lehkonen does things that you can't see apparently.

I can see them. But often we need offense. He can do the things you can't see from the 4th line - again if he can't produce.

But he's been hot lately. So we'll see.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I can see them. But often we need offense. He can do the things you can't see from the 4th line - again if he can't produce.

But he's been hot lately. So we'll see.

Yeah , you are the same as those guys saying Danault can be a great 3rd line center in a shutdown role! But they never realize if that 3rd line center is used in a shutdown role and McDavid is playing 22 minutes a game, then that shutdown center will also play 22 minutes a game? Is he still a 3rd line center?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah , you are the same as those guys saying Danault can be a great 3rd line center in a shutdown role! But they never realize if that 3rd line center is used in a shutdown role and McDavid is playing 22 minutes a game, then that shutdown center will also play 22 minutes a game? Is he still a 3rd line center?

I don't say Danault is a 3rd line center...

But I do think we're in great shape when Danault, Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Poehling, Caufield, Suzuki, KK, Drouin, and Armia have passed Lehkonen and he's on the 4th line.

Having said all that, Lehkonen is on pace for 40 points and I'd like to see Poehling-Domi-Lehkonen. Maybe they could pick up where Lehkonen-Domi-Shaw left off last year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't say Danault is a 3rd line center...

But I do think we're in great shape when Danault, Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Poehling, Caufield, Suzuki, KK, Drouin, and Armia have passed Lehkonen and he's on the 4th line.
4th liners don't get 40 points at even strength!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m a big lehkonen fan myself, I find his game completely under appreciated.

Ok but you don't find it frustrating when he wasn't converting chance after chance?

Hopefully he's gained confidence and turned a corner. For exampke he has 5 points in his last 3 games after 1 assist in the previous 8.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Ok but you don't find it frustrating when he wasn't converting chance after chance?

Hopefully he's gained confidence and turned a corner. For exampke he has 5 points in his last 3 games after 1 assist in the previous 8.
I don’t take any stock in numbers over meaningless sample sizes like these. Sometimes he’s frustrating, but sometimes it’s just bad luck. I like his game overall.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad