Value of: Arthur Kaliyev

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
PLD alone has more value than Ullmark + Debrusk.
Especially, Debrusk is not needed in LA.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a team that would be comfortable taking on PLD. I think you’d have an even harder time finding a team be comfortable and putting the price tag of what his pedigree is. He’s an extremely risky player for a team to make a long term commitment to. There’s no denying that he’s a talented player.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Kaliyev value seems similar to Sandin trade last year. Young, talented, good draft pedigree, but trouble breaking into a crowded lineup.

Sandin went for a late 1st. I’d peg Kaliyev at about at a 2nd rd value then recognizing that Sandin plays more of a position of need while most teams don’t have trouble finding wingers

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I think you’d be hard pressed to find a team that would be comfortable taking on PLD. I think you’d have an even harder time finding a team be comfortable and putting the price tag of what his pedigree is. He’s an extremely risky player for a team to make a long term commitment to. There’s no denying that he’s a talented player.
Kings just traded for PLD.
There is no reason they are looking to trade him at this moment.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You seem like the type of guy that blames the coach and the other players for PLD's woes when the obvious cause of PLD's problems is himself.

Have i pegged you correctly?

Reactions: HabsAddict

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Have i pegged you correctly?
Dude, phrasing
1708103637586.png

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I agree. I was mainly commenting on your assessment of value for PLD.

It’s hard to understand that given his past and his current struggle on the new team. I have no reason to believe he won’t turn it around. But I would not feel comfortable with the commitment to him long term at that cap hit given these issues.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nobody cares about your opinion on the Habs or Monahan. What made you thought anyone cared?

Kaliyev might be able to re-establish his career in a weaker league like the KHL. I think that might be good for him, then take another shot at the NHL. He won't get the reps if he's benched all the time in the NHL. Can't really blame the coach for his utilization (or there lack of). You can't make a player competent if he's incompetent by nature.

Seems liked everyone but you in this thread gets it, which is why you're getting talked around by everyone except those you're trying to convince you're a genius. As per usual.

Reactions: Fripp and JKG33

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Seems liked everyone but you in this thread gets it, which is why you're getting talked around by everyone except those you're trying to convince you're a genius. As per usual.
Everyone in this thread gets what?

What do you think Kaliyev can return in a trade? Or are you also afraid to answer that question?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Nobody knows.

This is what happens when your developmental plan is to draft offensively talented players but force them to learn how to play to their weaknesses while delaying the work on what should be their strengths.

LA drafts players to support ancient sacred cows, not to supplant them. Draft a series of skilled centers? Yeah, let's sign and trade for veteran free agents and force the kids to break into the league as middle six wingers. Have a one dimensional scoring winger? Learn how to play 4th line grinding hockey while we trade a stud bluechip defenseman for a veteran one dimensional scoring winger - all while their mismatched bottom six young forwards get caved in during the playoffs.

Meanwhile, no series wins in 9 years, with just 6 playoff games won in that time frame. Then the lumbering mummy that is Kopitar gets a two year extension at $7 million per as your dunce GM decides that they need MORE centers instead of using the ones you just drafted.

Sorry for the rant- take Kaliyev for free. He deserves a good home.
Sounds a lot like the rangers

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Nobody knows.

This is what happens when your developmental plan is to draft offensively talented players but force them to learn how to play to their weaknesses while delaying the work on what should be their strengths.

LA drafts players to support ancient sacred cows, not to supplant them. Draft a series of skilled centers? Yeah, let's sign and trade for veteran free agents and force the kids to break into the league as middle six wingers. Have a one dimensional scoring winger? Learn how to play 4th line grinding hockey while we trade a stud bluechip defenseman for a veteran one dimensional scoring winger - all while their mismatched bottom six young forwards get caved in during the playoffs.

Meanwhile, no series wins in 9 years, with just 6 playoff games won in that time frame. Then the lumbering mummy that is Kopitar gets a two year extension at $7 million per as your dunce GM decides that they need MORE centers instead of using the ones you just drafted.

Sorry for the rant- take Kaliyev for free. He deserves a good home.
Bland you deserve a pulitzer prize for writing this take.
AEG should see this in the hope it would initiate change.
Thanks for writing this- its the most succinct take on the present state of the kings ive seen

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Tyler Tucker sounds like carbon copy of Andreas Englund, who is bigger and stronger.
If Tucker was better skater with better hockey IQ it would be perfect trade for Kaliev.
Perhaps, but if Tucker were better skater with better hockey iq we wouldn’t deal him for Kaliyev.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If he was a 2nd round pick in a weak draft and LAK doesn’t have a place for him and he’s due a raise I don’t see how’s he’s worth more than a 3rd this year

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
If he was a 2nd round pick in a weak draft and LAK doesn’t have a place for him and he’s due a raise I don’t see how’s he’s worth more than a 3rd this year
It was not a weak draft and so many fans from other team asking to trade for Kaliev.
Maybe they can see something you cannot.
Real hockey talent if I would guess.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
PLD alone has more value than Ullmark + Debrusk.
Especially, Debrusk is not needed in LA.
Is this satire? PLD will either be bought out this summer while his contract is still in the 1/3 age range or LA will need to pay through the nose to move him at any point in his contract unless he drastically improves. If LA was offered Ullmark+Debrusk they jump at the chance and flip Debrusk if they didn't want another winger. Let alone that Kaliyev was involved in that proposal

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Fair enough.

Any thoughts on a value in terms of pure picks? 3rd? 2nd? Somewhere in between?
Kings drafted Kaliev and developed him for 5 years
I do not think LA wants to trade him for picks at this time.
I believe they will be looking to trade him to fill position of need.
They will be looking for players on similar development trajectory and age, who does not have place on roster of another team.
Basically, equally talented goalie or good physical player is needed.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Is this satire? PLD will either be bought out this summer while his contract is still in the 1/3 age range or LA will need to pay through the nose to move him at any point in his contract unless he drastically improves. If LA was offered Ullmark+Debrusk they jump at the chance and flip Debrusk if they didn't want another winger. Let alone that Kaliyev was involved in that proposal
It Is not satire.
Your statement just shows how little you know about state of LA kings and status of PLD on the team.
Before making such autoreactive statement, you can spend some time studying something you have no idea about.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
It was not a weak draft and so many fans from other team asking to trade for Kaliev.
Maybe they can see something you cannot.
Real hockey talent if I would guess.
Here’s how guys from that draft are doing if you were under the impression it was a better draft; got it fans asking to trade for a guy on HFBoards is evidence a guy is worth more than a 3rd

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Here’s how guys from that draft are doing if you were under the impression it was a better draft; got it fans asking to trade for a guy on HFBoards is evidence a guy is worth more than a 3rd
It's not exceptionally strong but this is far from a weak draft. Hughes, Seider, Dach, Cozens, Caufield, Boldy, Byram, Zegras all in the top 15 and a bunch of guys established in the NHL or on the cusp throughout the next few rounds - some very, very good like Pinto, Vlasic, Macelli

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
It's not exceptionally strong but this is far from a weak draft. Hughes, Seider, Dach, Cozens, Caufield, Boldy, Byram, Zegras all in the top 15 and a bunch of guys established in the NHL or on the cusp throughout the next few rounds - some very, very good like Pinto, Vlasic, Macelli
Fair enough but it was tapped out after Caufield and that was conventional wisdom at the time, that Caufield would last until there was a drop off. Then you know there are going to be some guys that hit but no one got pushed down to late first or early 2nd because it wasn’t a deep draft and even at the top it seems reasonable trade Kaako for AK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad