Value of: Arthur Kaliyev

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Habs like to take a chance on Kaliyev. We have extra draft picks, caproom to rent out. Do you have any bad contracts you like to remove?
Kings do not have bad contracts.
Yes, I do not believe PLD has bad contract.
During the last 3 games he was one of the two best players on the team and getting better with every game.
Changing coach made him totally different player.
I hope Kaliev will get his chance in LA as well.
P.S. I would trade Doughty for good return…

Last edited:
Reactions: funky and Reaper45

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Kings do not have bad contracts.
Yes, I do not believe PLD has bad contract.
During the last 3 games he was one of the two best players on the team and getting better with every game.
Changing coach made him totally different player.
I hope Kaliev will get his chance in LA as well.
P.S. I would trade Doughty for good return…

Dubois has these random stretches where he looks great and then ends up disappearing.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Habs like to take a chance on Kaliyev. We have extra draft picks, caproom to rent out. Do you have any bad contracts you like to remove?
“Habs like to take a chance on Kaliyev”.
Translation, Montreal would like to get Kaliev for something which has no interest to LA and no value to Habs.
I think Kings will trade Kaliev to some other team for something team needs: Good young goalie prospects or good young big physical player.

Reactions: JKG33

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Dubois can do it in stretches it means he can do it often enough with correct partners and proper motivation.
The issue is Dubois and not the other players. LA tried every combination of forwards to no avail. At some point, the root cause is the guy who can't be fussed to give a damn.

“Habs like to take a chance on Kaliyev”.
Translation, Montreal would like to get Kaliev for something which has no interest to LA and no value to Habs.
I think Kings will trade Kaliev to some other team for something team needs: Good young goalie prospects or good young big physical player.
Give us an example of a trade that you would accept using the model above bearing in mind that Kaliyev is in his D+5 year and still very disappointing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That would be amazing for LA I think, as much as I personally don't want to get rid of Kaliyev

Give us an example of a trade that you would accept using the model above bearing in mind that Kaliyev is in his D+5 year and still very disappointing.

Don't confuse "LA doesnt' know how to evaluate and deploy youth" as "Kaliyev is disappointing."

Reactions: Reaper45

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Don't confuse "LA doesnt' know how to evaluate and deploy youth" as "Kaliyev is disappointing."
Doesn't matter. You can't claim his value to be based on what he (in your opinion) should be producing. It can only be based on what he is producing - which is very disappointing offensive numbers coupled with lack of defensive awareness.

Stick to reality and propose something you think is fair. D+5 is more than enough runway for a player. If you aren't producing or showing significant improvement at this point, chances are you won't.

• Haha

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Doesn't matter. You can't claim his value to be based on what he (in your opinion) should be producing. It can only be based on what he is producing - which is very disappointing offensive numbers coupled with lack of defensive awareness.

Stick to reality and propose something you think is fair. D+5 is more than enough runway for a player. If you aren't producing or showing significant improvement at this point, chances are you won't.
Posts like these are always hilarious. You want a player, and then piss and moan about how the player sucks when the price comes up. Yet instead of saying no thanks and moving on, you still try to negotiate.

I'm seeing this loser mentality more and more these days even in the real world. It's sad to see

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Posts like these are always hilarious. You want a player, and then piss and moan about how the player sucks when the price comes up. Yet instead of saying no thanks and moving on, you still try to negotiate.

I'm seeing this loser mentality more and more these days even in the real world. It's sad to see
I don't want Kaliyev at all. I think he is exactly what he is now. I wouldn't offer anything for him at this point. I think he is out of the NHL in a year or 2.

I am just curious what you think his value is in a trade using the ridiculous model you specified. Obviously you are unable to accept reality...

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't want Kaliyev at all. I think he is exactly what he is now. I wouldn't offer anything for him at this point. I think he is out of the NHL in a year or 2.

I am just curious what you think his value is in a trade using the ridiculous model you specified. Obviously you are unable to accept reality...
If you don't want Kaliyev, why are you here? Say he sucks and move on.

LA is free to set a price. If the price isn't met then they'll happily keep him. This isn't a pending UFA or a player with a trade request. Reality is whatever the Kings want it to be since that's who's in control.

In this situation its like Walmart, not FB marketplace. Don't like the price? There's the door

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you don't want Kaliyev, why are you here? Say he sucks and move on.

LA is free to set a price. If the price isn't met then they'll happily keep him. This isn't a pending UFA or a player with a trade request. Reality is whatever the Kings want it to be since that's who's in control.

In this situation its like Walmart, not FB marketplace. Don't like the price? There's the door
I am on here to understand what YOU think is a fair price by giving an example. Stating that the price is whatever LA wants it to be is a total cop out.

If you are incapable of any independent thought, then i understand why you are unable to answer the question. Is that the case?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I am on here to understand what YOU think is a fair price by giving an example. Stating that the price is whatever LA wants it to be is a total cop out.

If you are incapable of any independent thought, then i understand why you are unable to answer the question. Is that the case?
I have no interest in trading away the player, so in that case yes it is a legitimate answer. Either pay a price that makes it worthwhile, or f*** off.

It seems as though you're the one having trouble with a thought process. Maybe do some research on how economics and trade work before you get back to me.

Ullmark + Debrusk for PLD + Kalyev
Now that's a trade I'd do as a Kings fan

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I have no interest in trading away the player, so in that case yes it is a legitimate answer. Either pay a price that makes it worthwhile, or f*** off.

It seems as though you're the one having trouble with a thought process. Maybe do some research on how economics and trade work before you get back to me.

Now that's a trade I'd do as a Kings fan
Economics and trade? As a Habs fan i am the authority on that after the Monahan trade. Nailed the value on that one.

Now, Kings fans seem to be a bit confused at player valuation. Giving up what you did for PLD - Oy Vey!

A early 2nd round pick would be an overpay for Kaliyev. Take it and run if any GM is willing to cough one up. He will be in the KHL in a year or 2.

:)

• Haha

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Economics and trade? As a Habs fan i am the authority on that after the Monahan trade. Nailed the value on that one.

Now, Kings fans seem to be a bit confused at player valuation. Giving up what you did for PLD - Oy Vey!

A early 2nd round pick would be an overpay for Kaliyev. Take it and run. He will be in the KHL in a year or 2.

:)
I'll happily keep the player. I don't give two shits about the Habs or Monahan.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'll happily keep the player. I don't give two shits about the Habs or Monahan.
Nobody cares about your opinion on the Habs or Monahan. What made you thought anyone cared?

Kaliyev might be able to re-establish his career in a weaker league like the KHL. I think that might be good for him, then take another shot at the NHL. He won't get the reps if he's benched all the time in the NHL. Can't really blame the coach for his utilization (or there lack of). You can't make a player competent if he's incompetent by nature.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Nobody cares about your opinion on the Habs or Monahan. What made you thought anyone cared?

Kaliyev might be able to re-establish his career in a weaker league like the KHL. I think that might be good for him, then take another shot at the NHL. He won't get the reps if he's benched all the time in the NHL. Can't really blame the coach for his utilization (or there lack of). You can't make a player competent if he's incompetent by nature.
Then why bring them up in a thread about a Kings player who you admittedly have no interest in? Nobody cares about your opinion on Kaliyev.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Then why bring them up in a thread about a Kings player who you admittedly have no interest in? Nobody cares about your opinion on Kaliyev.
Most folks care about my opinion as i am a pretty big deal on these boards! ;)

Its your inability to separate fiction from reality that is holding you back on your assessment of Kaliyev.

Hopefully this tough love doesn't hurt you. Its meant in good faith.

• Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS and JKG33

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Nobody knows.

This is what happens when your developmental plan is to draft offensively talented players but force them to learn how to play to their weaknesses while delaying the work on what should be their strengths.

LA drafts players to support ancient sacred cows, not to supplant them. Draft a series of skilled centers? Yeah, let's sign and trade for veteran free agents and force the kids to break into the league as middle six wingers. Have a one dimensional scoring winger? Learn how to play 4th line grinding hockey while we trade a stud bluechip defenseman for a veteran one dimensional scoring winger - all while their mismatched bottom six young forwards get caved in during the playoffs.

Meanwhile, no series wins in 9 years, with just 6 playoff games won in that time frame. Then the lumbering mummy that is Kopitar gets a two year extension at $7 million per as your dunce GM decides that they need MORE centers instead of using the ones you just drafted.

Sorry for the rant- take Kaliyev for free. He deserves a good home.
So basically the Habs from 2012 - 2021. I wonder if there's a common denominator....

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad