Rumor: Artemi Panarin Changes Agents

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Happens occasionally. If the Sedins ever left Vancouver I'm sure they would have been a package deal. Grabovski & Kulemin a few years back was essentially a package deal.

Didn't know they were that tight.

That's my bad

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
But never a forward and a goalie.

Right you are, but you have to look at the context here - Luongo turns 40 in two months, and Reimer is your classic hot and cold, borderline starter-type. You can maybe squeeze one more season out of those two, but that in itself is a major risk. Montembeault is years away, if he makes it. Trading for Bobrovsky makes a lot of sense for the Panthers.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That’s not enough if they’re coming with extensions. Reimer has negative value.

I think you misread here. Florida is the heavy favorite regardless of it they make the trade now or wait until July. Them dumping Riemer helps... but they can pay someone else for that.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Bob also moved to ST Petersburgh and bought a place next to Panarin's, the designer who was in charge of innovating Panarin's place, now is working with Bob on his place. They are pretty much inseparable now.
I'm starting to think maybe their wives weren't waiting in Florida.....

Reactions: Reddwit

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Or they could just not do that, and sign them as Free Agents.
Absolutely. If Florida is confident they're the only option, that's the smart move. If they have any doubts, then maybe not. For my money, I'd say they'll probably both sign there, especially due to the Dadonov connection. That said, the pen isn't to the paper yet. The NYI could also be a terrific fit for both. It's not as if Florida is the only option for them to go together. Hell, if we move Jones and think Karlsson is a goner, SJ could swoop in. I'm sure there's more too.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not unless they want to flip Hoffman for a defenseman.

Going into 2019 the Panthers will have 21 mil in cap space

Odds are Luongo retires/LTIR and Reimer is bought out/traded.

Those two contracts would/should equal Bob's new deal.

Add in 9-10mil for Panarin, and you got 11-12mil left over for more players/re-signing Hoffman/Dadonov

What's luongo's cap hit if he retires but isn't LTIR?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Didn't know they were that tight.

That's my bad

Most famous package deal was Kariya/Selanne to the Avs but that was ages ago. It's usually forward/forward with guys who've played with each other. A goalie and a forward is strange considering there are plenty of teams that would sign the forward but not the goalie.

Reactions: Dave Karp

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Absolutely. If Florida is confident they're the only option, that's the smart move. If they have any doubts, then maybe not. For my money, I'd say they'll probably both sign there, especially due to the Dadonov connection. That said, the pen isn't to the paper yet. The NYI could also be a terrific fit for both. It's not as if Florida is the only option for them to go together. Hell, if we move Jones and think Karlsson is a goner, SJ could swoop in. I'm sure there's more too.

I think that if they are trying to package themselves for the FA market then they wouldn't draw as much as action than they would hope for in comparison to haggling individually. Regardless the Panthers are the favorite so far but there's already a couple of players that are important to sign also in the near future so thus the favorite status goes only to some extent.
Didn't Jones have like a list of three teams where he can be traded to?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think that if they are trying to package themselves for the FA market then they wouldn't draw as much as action than they would hope for in comparison to haggling individually. Regardless the Panthers are the favorite so far but there's already a couple of players that are important to sign also in the near future so thus the favorite status goes only to some extent.
Didn't Jones have like a list of three teams where he can be traded to?
Sure, but for a playoff contender with cap space, maybe they feel they can acquire and sign one of them. Again, I don't think it's set in stone that both sign in Florida as UFA. It's my bet, but who knows, I'm often wrong. None of us know.

Not sure about Jones. I know he has a 3 team NTC. I think that means 3 teams he can refuse, but correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't see Wilson handing a "basically" full NTC. He'd go the very limited route or all the way, perhaps a NMC.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
giphy.gif

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Yeah Florida is no guarantee but management in Florida seems fairly confident they have a great shot at both. I would not be moving Huberdeau if you feel you have that chance.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Sure, but for a playoff contender with cap space, maybe they feel they can acquire and sign one of them. Again, I don't think it's set in stone that both sign in Florida as UFA. It's my bet, but who knows, I'm often wrong. None of us know.

Not sure about Jones. I know he has a 3 team NTC. I think that means 3 teams he can refuse, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Some think that Bread and Bob each might command close to $11mil per so that's a hefty pile of cash for a team that has already prepared themselves to be a contender via their own core players and is looking forward to add some support personnel. I don't think that Panthers can afford to pay each of them that kind of money, maybe for Bread. If Stone is looking for $9mil per in the FA market, I'd rather have him with the Panthers and use that extra $2mil to extend Dadonov and/or Hoffman in 2020.

Capfriendly states that "player submits a 3 team trade list" so that narrows it quite a bit.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
CBJ's chance to try for Huberdeau died when the season started. It was conceivable though still unlikely that the Panthers would have done Huberdeau for Panarin straight up then, but no shot now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Florida needs to gamble on these two. The Bob deal could be a disaster in long run but f*** it...whats the worst that can happen....they keep missing the playoffs..

Reactions: CountKong

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I could def see Panarin and Bob combo meal to Florida. With Brassard, Reimer, Heponiemi and a 1st going back to Columbus, contingent on both players extending with the Panthers long-term.

The package you have offered would suffice for Bobrovsky, assuming he signs an extension with Florida.

Adding Panarin to the deal? Be prepared to sell the farm for the two. What you offered is nowhere near close to what we can get elsewhere for the two in separate trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00