Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Does this deal make sense?

To FLA:
Panarin
Bobrovsky

To CLB:
James Reimer (stopgap veteran goalie to split with Korpisalo)
Mike Hoffman (can play #1LW and replace alot of Panarin's scoring)
2020 1st round pick
some sort of B prospect

Why does Florida do this, when they could sign them as UFA's?
Well, they can offer the 8th year and keep the cap hit lower, and guarantee them instead of waiting.

NO.

1. Reimer has negative value.
2. Hoffman is a decent player who has one year left on his contract and is an UFA.
3. Not even the 1st this year where odds are that Florida will have a better record by adding these 2 players next year.
4. A (B) prospect?

If this is the offer for the two of them then keep them, try to make a run and let them walk after the season.

But I'm not worried. Panarin is going to get a decent return at the deadline. History shows teams will pay a decent price for a premier player that could push them over the top. He will get a decent futures package.

Bob holds his own cards so maybe he stays and that's fine.

But this is garbage.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
NO.
But I'm not worried. Panarin is going to get a decent return at the deadline. History shows teams will pay a decent price for a premier player that could push them over the top. He will get a decent futures package.

You'll get something like a 2nd round pick which gets bumped up to a 1st round pick on the condition that Panarin signs an extension + 4th round pick + a no-name prospect. Just go take a look the Evander Kane trade if you need a refresher on history lessons.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You'll get something like a 2nd round pick which gets bumped up to a 1st round pick on the condition that Panarin signs an extension + 4th round pick + a no-name prospect. Just go take a look the Evander Kane trade if you need a refresher on history lessons.

Nice try. Panarin is worth more than Evander Kane was. How about these:

2018 Rick Nash to Boston for a 1st in 2018, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, forwards Matt Belesky and Ryan Spooner and a 7th in 2019.
2018 Tomas Tartar to Vegas for a 1st in 2018, a 2nd in 2019 and a 3rd in 2021.

Your value is way off.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The thing with Patches was that his agent was Pat Brisson, Tavares' agent. My speculation is that Patches wanted to get moved this offseason, and they almost had a trade-and-sign at the draft (potentially with the Islanders) but it fell through and that was that. Patches saw Brisson was devoting most of his energy to one particular client, and found an agent willing to prioritize him and get him his current contract on Vegas.

For this situation, maybe Panarin isn't closing the book on negotiating in-season? Perhaps that directive came as a negotiation tactic from his old agent and not the player himself.
Not everything is JT related.

He fired Brisson because of how the trade at the draft fell apart, and he wasn't comfortable being given 30 minutes to decide his long-term future (because the time was clicking on the 20th overall pick). It's believed Brisson told LA they essentially had a deal in place, and Patches backed out.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Man, you have to trade them what the best offer if you’re jarmo.

A lot of good young players, so for futures wouldn’t be the worst thing ever.

It’s all but decided they’re both walking this year and it’s very, very, unlikely they make it through any of Boston, Toronto, or Tampa and it could go either way for the rest of the series.

I recall something saying each round of playoffs is 1 million dollars extra in profit

Making an extra 1 million this year and losing out in the future years or possibly not making one million this year to make a couple million per year in a year or two. I know which one I decide if I’m the owner.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

since it appears you may have been in a coma this past week, Brian Boyle garnered a second for the Devils. There's your refresher history lesson, complimentary

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You're way off base here. There will be no conditions on the first for a player of Panarin's caliber. Panarin will get a king's ransom.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess they don’t care about competing? No pressure to win. South Florida is a great place to live. We will never hear about either player if they sign with the Panthers.

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
So based on this quote that I pulled from another poster. Maybe both will not be packaged to Florida.

Panarin shot down the suggestion that Bobrovsky and Panarin — now working with the same agent — would be a package deal as free agents this coming summer.
“Interesting situation,” Panarin said. “I really like (Bobrovsky) and we’re big friends right now. But we have two different lives.”

Artemi Panarin, in first English interview, smiles, jokes...

Reactions: SoCalFan

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He hasn't even made the decision to trade or keep either player......

Personally, I would expect boos if they were traded. Giving up on the season with the best roster in franchise history seems like a bad decision.

Imo, Jarmo should fix the goaltending situation on next two weeks, because Bobrovsky just isn't his normal self at this season. Trade Bobo, get hot Howard from Detroit and keep Panarin for the playoff run. Trade Panarin's rights at summer.

That's the best fix at the moment.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
So based on this quote that I pulled from another poster. Maybe both will not be packaged to Florida.

Panarin shot down the suggestion that Bobrovsky and Panarin — now working with the same agent — would be a package deal as free agents this coming summer.
“Interesting situation,” Panarin said. “I really like (Bobrovsky) and we’re big friends right now. But we have two different lives.”

Artemi Panarin, in first English interview, smiles, jokes...

this "package deal" never made any sense to me. what's the point of testing free agency if you're going to narrow the field to 2-3 teams that need both him and Bob? that's just hurting your own bottom line.

and this is no disrespect to Florida, but he's made comments in the past about people not recognizing him in Columbus like they did when he was in Chicago, but he's going to play for the Panthers that draw near the bottom of NHL attendance?

none of this seems logical to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
since it appears you may have been in a coma this past week, Brian Boyle garnered a second for the Devils. There's your refresher history lesson, complimentary
Don’t bother responding to that guy. He posts absolute drivel non stop with no basis or reason. It’s quite comical at times

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
To Dallas for

Janmark,
1st rd pick,
Ty Dellandrea ( stars pick 13 last year)
Jason Dickinson

High price for a rental, but would be excited to see panarin with seguin and radulov

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Florida seems like the likely place to land.
I guess the next few games will determine what Florida does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad