Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov with the most dominant offensive stretch since Crosby in 07

Ovechkin also had 96 in his first 60 in 2009-10, with more goals and in a lower scoring season, but don't get me wrong what he's doing right now is insane and there's a chance he may not slow down as much as Ovechkin did that season, plus he got suspended and missed 10 games.

Reactions: Ovechclutch

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I imagine people see that this is the art ross thread for the current season, and try really hard to not post about ovechkin, but in the end they are only human and ergo powerless against the urge.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah. This is definitely sids best 200 foot game season. Top 5 in scoring would make it even better for his legacy. He already has the awards. All he needs is to age well and he will be a slam dunk top 10 all time player. And another top 5 finish wont hurt

A #12 top 10 finish would be really good for him legacy wise, player with the most top 10 finish:
G. Howe*21
W. Gretzky*16
B. Hull*14
J. Beliveau*12
C. Denneny*12
S. Crosby11
J. Jagr11
A. Delvecchio*11
M. Richard*11
B. Cook*11
J. Sakic*10
M. Lemieux*10
P. Esposito*10
S. Mikita*9
A. Bathgate*9
N. Stewart*9
A. Joliat*9
H. Morenz*9
A. Ovechkin8
M. Bossy*8
M. Dionne*8
N. Ullman*8
T. Lindsay*8
B. Cowley*8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Would put him above someone like Jagr.

Top 5 would be obviously better currently
Bobby Hull: 13
jagr/Lemieux/Richard/mikita/Crosby: 9
Beliveau/Esposito: 8
Marcel Dionne/Bossy: 7
Ovechkin/Sakic/Lafleur/Morenz: 6
Messier: 4
Yzerman: 3

10 that would push him above Maurice Richard, Mario, Jagr, Mikita that is quite impressive.

Not sure if it would be enough to push them above Richard/Mikita/Jagr/Beliveau or the really impressive Bobby Hull (that had success in an other league quite a bit also), but he has the playoff resume to hang out with a lot of them if he match their regular season track record.

Probably still need to age gracefully to conformably lock that top 10, you have Hasek/Roy/Harvey/Ray Bourque that will not show up in those offensive track record to compete with obviously, but he look firmly in track.

He has 185 playoff points, #11 all time already and he is 31 year's old, if he can average 6.2 playoff points a year until he is 39, to go above Kurri for #3 just below Gretzky/Messier, that would help him quite a bit.

A bit sad is peak was injury riddle, art ross are rarely ever "lock" but there was certainly 3 easily achievable top 5/10 for him that was left on the table that could have put him in some no one except Greztky/Howe did X type of conversation about consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ageless

Ovechclutch

Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Ovechkin also had 96 in his first 60 in 2009-10, with more goals and in a lower scoring season, but don't get me wrong what he's doing right now is insane and there's a chance he may not slow down as much as Ovechkin did that season, plus he got suspended and missed 10 games.
damn I'm a die hard ovi fan and couldn't remember this

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
It's over for McDavid.

He's not going to make up 13+ points in 25 games.

Or maybe he'll go on a historic run and cheat for points after the Oilers are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's over for McDavid.

He's not going to make up 13+ points in 25 games.

Or maybe he'll go on a historic run and cheat for points after the Oilers are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

I doubt he does it whether or not they get mathematically eliminated. Kucherov doesn't look like he's getting caught this time around.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Wow Kucherov is proving me wrong, I predicted he would fall short to Mcdavid. Not gonna happen I guess

Meanwhile Kane extends his streak at 18 games. It amazes me how last year he had « only » 76 points and now he’s about to have a +120 points season at 30 years old. Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad