Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
If the Flames line can get hot again and score 3-4 goals a game like they were for a period, Johnny will take off. They've only been getting 1 a game for a while now. When they get back to 3-4 a game I think Gaudreau will take off and leave everyone in the dust.

Kucherov's team isn't too bad offensively...

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
When he doesn't do well he's "sick", and when he does do well, it's "despite being sick". It's nonsense. Unless he's also the best at getting sick. Edmonton should find a new doctor.

Assuming he was healthy at the beginning of the year, that being sick has affected his production rings pretty hollow. His Art Ross placing has been pretty consistent whether he has been sick or not this year or over the past three years.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's something in Edmonton's water.

giphy.gif

MoistDadBod

Apr 3, 2017
Down East
Then why don't the hundreds of other elite athletes in the NHL get sick nearly as often?

Or does the fact that he's the best, also mean he's the best at getting sick? Lol

They do, it's just not a story because their last name isn't McDavid and/or they don't play in Canada.

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
It's rare to catch the flu more than once a year, and the average adult gets the flu twice per decade. According to Google anyways.

Always good to be above average - I get the flu two or three times just about every year (last year I got sick three separate times for three straight months).

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Always good to be above average - I get the flu two or three times just about every year (last year I got sick three separate times for three straight months).
Should probably get yourself checked out then.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Then why don't the hundreds of other elite athletes in the NHL get sick nearly as often?

Or does the fact that he's the best, also mean he's the best at getting sick? Lol

Seems like you are just looking for anything to cling to at this point. Lol

Reactions: snipes

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Might be time to get the flu shot
You can't get the same strain of flu multiple times a year, unless your immune system isn't working properly. So he would have to have contracted 2-3 different strains of flu every year. Over a decade, that's 20-30 different strains of flu.

He needs to go to a hospital, and have doctors figure out why he's contracted more strains of the flu than anyone else in the world lol if this is true (it's not) he may be the ultimate flu fighting machine, and we need to learn from him.

Reactions: TopCheese

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Why would I be looking for something to cling to?
Insecurity because you know Mcdavid is going to dust both Rantanen and MacKinnon in the scoring race?

I don't know. You tell us why you are beleaguring the point.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Insecurity because you know Mcdavid is going to dust both Rantanen and MacKinnon in the scoring race?

I don't know. You tell us why you are beleaguring the point.
Rantanen has more points than McDavid, and MacKinnon is 2 behind. I'm not really concerned.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You can't get the same strain of flu multiple times a year, unless your immune system isn't working properly. So he would have to have contracted 2-3 different strains of flu every year. Over a decade, that's 20-30 different strains of flu.

He needs to go to a hospital, and have doctors figure out why he's contracted more strains of the flu than anyone else in the world lol if this is true (it's not) he may be the ultimate flu fighting machine, and we need to learn from him.
People that travel a lot get sick a lot. You're overthinking this.

Reactions: JLaw1719
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce