Arsenal FC Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I still think this team has a chance at top 4 although my hope has dwindled since the closure of the window.

As @S E P H said in another thread, we can look to Pepe for a little more output at striker. Hopefully, that's an option.
I think we can conclude that Lacazette will be our main one and I guess Arteta will try to re-sign him. However, we all know that he makes some insane strikes yet misses sitters so his consistency is all over the place. Evilo mentioned that Pepe as #9 didn't go well, but I am fine with experimenting against the lower standing table clubs. I also remember that Martinelli was tried as a CF at times and didn't really do anything, but he was also super young. I hope we try out a lot of things (no false 9 rubbish though), but Laca plays the game until he's battered which leads him to be subbed off in almost every match and I suspect that Arteta will just do him and Nketiah. I don't think that's a duo which will put us in the top 4.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Aubameyang did justice to that number 14 shirt. One of the finest strikers we’ve had and ever will have. An absolute demon under actual football coaches. I will genuinely miss him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Aubameyang did justice to that number 14 shirt. One of the finest strikers we’ve had and ever will have. An absolute demon under actual football coaches. I will genuinely miss him.
One of the bright spots in a subpar couple of years. I'll never forget that run to FA Cup final he he led us on!

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Miss him? I bought his damn kit two years ago and I can't even use it anymore (I mean I will, but still is a dagger in the heart)! One of my personal faves, sucks that our Dictator has ruined so many good relationships with truly fantastic players.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Yeah, just read his quotes and he seems pretty adamant that it was strictly Arteta. I don't think Auba is blameless by any means, it seems that this wasn't the first time he was late or did something to violate the rules, but Arteta set him up to fail. He should've never been captain, he's a free spirit and needs to go play his type of game, Arteta doesn't know the plot when he made him captain. A lot of people think it should be (or have been) Tierney and I tend to agree with them (Auba nor Xhaka have that material).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
How many quality players can Arteta drive away before he is sacked? Guy is not good tactically and he is clearly not a players' manager. Why is he still employed?
Supporting Arsenal since 2018 is just a long string of performing in spite of terrible management, before even worse management comes in & ships out the only reason we were even reaching par before.

Our managerial hires have trended into a conman culture of guys who work to lower expectations to save their jobs instead of increase performance. This is true for both Arteta and Emery. Makes me sick.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Alisher Usmanov: ex-fencer who ‘solves Putin’s business problems’ (msn.com)

From a first fortune made from manufacturing plastic bags, which were in short supply in the Soviet Union, Alisher Usmanov’s business dealings saw him rise to become one of the 100 richest people in the world, buying multimillion pound mansions and stakes in English premier league football clubs along the way.
Now the Uzbek-born billionaire risks losing some of the trappings of his extreme wealth after he was placed on the EU sanctions list, which named him as “one of Vladmir Putin’s favourite oligarchs”.
The 68-year-old metals magnate was ranked 99 on Forbes magazine’s 2021 billionaires list with an estimated fortune of $14.1bn (£11bn). He is now facing asset freezes on anything he owns in Europe.

Oof...what could've been.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lacazette has 7 assists in his last 8 games. This can't be ignored. Our next center forward will need to be a good link player while offering more goal threat and runs in behind than this version of Lacazette. Would like a player with physical strength and aireal ability as an out ball against good teams.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lacazette has 7 assists in his last 8 games. This can't be ignored. Our next center forward will need to be a good link player while offering more goal threat and runs in behind than this version of Lacazette. Would like a player with physical strength and aireal ability as an out ball against good teams.
What you're asking for is a prime Ibrah brethren!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What you're asking for is a prime Ibrah brethren!
Yeah, can’t have everything. I think the striker market is a bit dry. Someone who fits a lot of what I am desrcibing is Oshimhen but I am not sure about how reliable his goalscoring instincts are. Isak could be good. We could commit to a link player and get Joao Felix. Or maybe we could try for Lautaro.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The following are available at prices shown:
  • Aubameyang: 50 million
  • Depay: 15 million
  • Braithwaite: 10 million

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, can’t have everything. I think the striker market is a bit dry. Someone who fits a lot of what I am desrcibing is Oshimhen but I am not sure about how reliable his goalscoring instincts are. Isak could be good. We could commit to a link player and get Joao Felix. Or maybe we could try for Lautaro.
I would go after Gouiri personally. Nice even though they have a good chance of making the CL is a step down from the Arsenal in aura and would be more willing to come here to be Henry 2.0 than the likes of Serie A players who only have a pulse to join Juve.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I would go after Gouiri personally. Nice even though they have a good chance of making the CL is a step down from the Arsenal in aura and would be more willing to come here to be Henry 2.0 than the likes of Serie A players who only have a pulse to join Juve.
Gouiri is class. I would like that move. However I'm not sure if I see him as a lone striker type.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah, that North London Derby will be crucial. PL might schedule it as both teams last game. If the race hasn't been decided by then that's going to be one hell of a game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah, that North London Derby will be crucial. PL might schedule it as both teams last game. If the race hasn't been decided by then that's going to be one hell of a game.
This sounds like a stressful way to end the year!

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
What a season finale episode of All or Nothing it would be though....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad