Arsenal FC Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lots of injuries which is unfortunate. As @S E P H said in a different thread, the PL doesn't matter, get as healthy as you can for the Europe League.
Tierney is a huge loss, but for Europa the one I am hoping comes back is Luiz since we've actually been missing him a lot when he went down.

Malaria?!? Did he catch that on international duty or vacation?
He caught it on international duty with Gabon, but I think it was in the Czech Republic instead of Africa if I recall the story correctly.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This season
Villa beat us at home for the first time in 92yrs
Leicester beat us at home for the first in 47yrs
Wolves beat us at home for the first time in 41yrs
Burnley beat us at home for the first time in 46yrs
Everton beat us at home for the first time in 25yrs

Arteta Out!

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Arteta in fam! Arteta in blud!
This season
Villa beat us at home for the first time in 92yrs
Leicester beat us at home for the first in 47yrs
Wolves beat us at home for the first time in 41yrs
Burnley beat us at home for the first time in 46yrs
Everton beat us at home for the first time in 25yrs

Arteta Out!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Before people get too happy about Spotify getting involved. Spotify is a company that many artists and publishers do not like. They do not pay the right royalties for songs they play. When they should be paying saying $1 in royalties, they are in fact paying $0.10. There are a lot of law suits in different countries trying to close the loop holes that allows spotify not pay the right royalties

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As you said many times. All these rich people are shady anyway. There are levels of shadiness, but Spotify cannot be worse than Kroenke.
Many clubs are owned by shady and shitty billionaires, but sports fans generally at least want one who cares about the club and the on-field product. Kroenke doesn't suck because he's the worst person of all owners, he's far from it, he sucks because he doesn't invest much behind the scenes and clearly wants to pull profit out of the club instead of making a top sports club.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Many clubs are owned by shady and shitty billionaires, but sports fans generally at least want one who cares about the club and the on-field product. Kroenke doesn't suck because he's the worst person of all owners, he's far from it, he sucks because he doesn't invest much behind the scenes and clearly wants to pull profit out of the club instead of making a top sports club.
Nah he’s closer than far lol

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Tierney is a huge loss, but for Europa the one I am hoping comes back is Luiz since we've actually been missing him a lot when he went down.

He caught it on international duty with Gabon, but I think it was in the Czech Republic instead of Africa if I recall the story correctly.

He caught it in Gabon but was in Prague when his symptoms started because it has a long incubation period. You can't catch malaria in the Czech Republic. :rolleyes:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Before people get too happy about Spotify getting involved. Spotify is a company that many artists and publishers do not like. They do not pay the right royalties for songs they play. When they should be paying saying $1 in royalties, they are in fact paying $0.10. There are a lot of law suits in different countries trying to close the loop holes that allows spotify not pay the right royalties
I mean that isn't too far off what other streaming platforms give other artists. Plus it's far and away the most used platform as well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I mean that isn't too far off what other streaming platforms give other artists. Plus it's far and away the most used platform as well.

While I am not musician I know a lot and most of the money is given to the publishers of the music and not the artist or writers of the music. For everyone $1 that an artist would get from traditional sales or reproduction or rebroadcasting of their music..they get $0.10 from spotify for the same amount of sales

sheds some light but if you look around the internet you will find case studies about the problem with spotify and how it pays artists--not publishers but artists

Criticism of Spotify - Wikipedia

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Do we even know that source? Not surprised, we had the same thing happen under Wenger when players just get fed up with the lack of success and move on. I wanted Martinez as our #1 though, he's so much more commanding in the box and less prone to mistakes. Leno is the better shot blocker, but not by much. Leno's entire career has been pretty much Leverkusen, Stuttgart, and current version of Arsenal lol. Yikes, can't think of anything more bad than that in terms of failed expectations.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Alrighty let's play the yearly game; how would you fix Arsenal?

Who's coming in and out? New formations? etc. Let's start the new rebuild!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What I do if I'm the Arsenal director today:
Hire 1 of Gasperini, Nagelsmann, Ancelotti, Potter, Fonseca, Allegri or Howe, maybe Jardim, and then give them *time* as they have actually earnt it

That should get us top 4 next season with what I believe is a very, very talented set of players. Sign Soumare in the summer, along with a creative player. Blow the budget on those two and maybe get another CM, a Goalkeeper and maybe a fullback. Leno is nowhere near good enough.

Line up like this

Sczeszny

Celik - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney

Soumare - Xhaka

Pepe/Saka - ESR/new creative player - Martinelli

Aubameyang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad