Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
76B84BEE-6E2D-4C50-9B94-9E7AD3143BB8.jpeg

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Let's just say the covid situation is too dire and cancel the playoffs on this note. Jets up one, leafs down one. Could only go downhill from here

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Why did the Leafs keep that line out there for four minutes at the end? Do they have no one else?

Hopefully Tavares is okay, that was a scary and unfortunate play

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Why did the Leafs keep that line out there for four minutes at the end? Do they have no one else?

Hopefully Tavares is okay, that was a scary and unfortunate play

Not really. You have your top guys out in that situation. Matthews, Marner, Nylander. Kerfoot or the ancient ones aren't getting it done.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not really. You have your top guys out in that situation. Matthews, Marner, Nylander. Kerfoot or the ancient ones aren't getting it done.
Four minutes just seemed a bit much to me. Matthews was sucking wind pretty hard out there. Mind you they signed a bunch of garbage for their bottom six and were already down Tavares.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
JT seems like a nice guy and he is a good player.
The media coverage was over the top and it became theatre after a while just like news in general.
It was an unfortunate play and hopefully JT will be alright in time.
It didn’t appear to be deliberate and only Perry knows for sure.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Four minutes just seemed a bit much to me. Matthews was sucking wind pretty hard out there. Mind you they signed a bunch of garbage for their bottom six and were already down Tavares.

Every year when we enter the playoff season I get humbled. To me the Leafs looked to be in good shape in the North if Campbell could prolong his hot streak. Half a period in Tavares falls to what could be a serious injury. Leafs world looks very different 24 hours in to a two month war.

Hockey is it’s own animal

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Every year when we enter the playoff season I get humbled. To me the Leafs looked to be in good shape in the North if Campbell could prolong his hot streak. Half a period in Tavares falls to what could be a serious injury. Leafs world looks very different 24 hours in to a two month war.

Hockey is it’s own animal
There is so much randomness in hockey, especially early in the playoffs. Since the game results are determined by a couple or a few goals, most of the game is a back and forth saw-off. A hot goalie, some luck, or a brilliant individual effort can turn a game. Sure, they are more likely when a team has more puck possession, or a more consistent goalie, or more players with high end talent, but in the end we should expect a lot of unexpected results.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There is so much randomness in hockey, especially early in the playoffs. Since the game results are determined by a couple or a few goals, most of the game is a back and forth saw-off. A hot goalie, some luck, or a brilliant individual effort can turn a game. Sure, they are more likely when a team has more puck possession, or a more consistent goalie, or more players with high end talent, but in the end we should expect a lot of unexpected results.

There is so much parity and so much randomness. Razor thin margins, luck, bounces, and hot or cold goalies are such a big factors. Two years ago every first seed lost in the 1st round, yet somehow I keep relearning the same lesson every year. :laugh:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
That was really hard watching Tavares get hurt last night. The worst part for me was seeing him try to get up and go limp. Hopefully he will be ok. Sure looks like it could be a massive concussion and possibly some neck damage.

I loath Perry as much as any NHL fan, but I put 0% of the injury on him.

Reactions: Cypruss

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That was really hard watching Tavares get hurt last night. The worst part for me was seeing him try to get up and go limp. Hopefully he will be ok. Sure looks like it could be a massive concussion and possibly some neck damage.

I loath Perry as much as any NHL fan, but I put 0% of the injury on him.
It goes back to the old Don Cherry rant about how equipment is so 'perfect' now that its like armour and that's the basis of most of the concussions now. Still a knee to the head is pretty tough even with our old shin pads...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I thought the Leaf's lack of forward depth and relying on old and slow players would hinder them at some point. Looks like that is what happened last night.

Every team in the Canadian division has holes so anything can happen these playoffs.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Nice to see Florida win one, but it’s a shame that Minnesota seems to be pulling a Jets against the Knights.

EDIT: Damn, I also miss Brandon Tanev. Loved his energy, and he had a great goal for Pitt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad