hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
cut.jpg
Zombie Joe

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Thornton looks like a guy ready to get on his lawnmower and cut about 200 acres of grass.

If Matthews ends up anywhere else but Arizona I'd be shocked. Only way it doesn't happen is if the franchise moves very soon. For sure Bettman will be pushing for a move to save the Coyotes in Arizona.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Carey Price is the first player with a double digit cap hit (10M plus) to win a playoff series since the salary cap. It was bound to happen with that series, with the Leafs having three players, still team with less won.

It takes a weird year and a division only playing weak teams to give a matchup with both teams having players making at least ten million to get a series victory from a player with that cap hit. Few seasons ago, Bruins and Blues Cup Final the highest cap hit was 7.5.

Crosby won his first Cup at a bigger cap% than some of these double digit players but it highlights difficult to win with multiple super high ticket players. Three may be too many.

Vegas has avoided the double digit cap number, but with Stone and Pietrangelo on big money for six more seasons, I think we would be better off filling out our roster through the years with more affordable depth and very good but not elite players on good cap hits.

We also need to keep an eye for Theodore's contract in four seasons that will likely be an additional 4 million plus if he keeps playing as well as he has.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Draft lottery was today, Buffalo stays at 1, Seattle moves up to 2 (we were 6 our first season) and Ducks drop to 3 and all rest is the same.

Arizona forfeits their 1st and everyone moves up one. We have the best record of any round we lose in so we would have the last pick of teams who lose in the round.

These are the possible picks for Vegas.

Lose to Colorado
27th
Beat Colorado, lose to Winnipeg/Montreal
29th
Lose SCF
30th
Win SCF
31st

New Jersey 2nd we own
35th

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Thank you Nikita Goosegg.

The NHL really screwed Vegas in that draft lottery. :mad: They could have had Heiskanen/Makar.

I wonder if the Leafs are going to fire Keefe and replace him with Gallant (if he doesn't get the NYR job). He's just what they need.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Best of luck to Turk except when playing us. Great guy and great coach, though he seems to now have a track record of clashing with management.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If the Coyotes move, Vegas should be an option for a good portion of their fanbase to migrate toward. No rivalry of any sort ever developed, closest team, fun to follow and the Golden Knights first regular season game was in Arizona.

Especially if the team makes plays for the market similar to Utah and Montana were relocation to happen.

Responding on NHL thread.

My guess is that the league would prefer them to stay in Arizona.

They have been working on Tempe arena stuff. (Which is probably 3 years out.)

So, they'll have to find a place to play for 22-23 and 23-24 minimum before that place is open. (DT PHX?)

OR they may relocate. Houston and QC are two possibilities.

Lots to follow (BOH is great at keeping up with all the deets/leads).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad