News Article: Around the NHL

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
I always thought Salt Lake was the most logical answer.

Strong winter sports market supporting soccer, rugby and NBA, and it creates a near contiguous line from STL to the West Coast that only breaks with Kansas.

QC makes sense, but that destiny should belong to the Florida Panthers - 16 East, 16 West with Canada split 4-4 that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Responding on NHL thread.

My guess is that the league would prefer them to stay in Arizona.

They have been working on Tempe arena stuff. (Which is probably 3 years out.)

So, they'll have to find a place to play for 22-23 and 23-24 minimum before that place is open. (DT PHX?)

OR they may relocate. Houston and QC are two possibilities.

Lots to follow (BOH is great at keeping up with all the deets/leads).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
SJ assistant coach and former head coach of our beloved Chicago Wolves has resigned. For reasons.

He knows many of Vegas' young superstars like Kolesar well, I wonder if a Spott can be opened up for him.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
SJ assistant coach and former head coach of our beloved Chicago Wolves has resigned. For reasons.

He knows many of Vegas' young superstars like Kolesar well, I wonder if a Spott can be opened up for him.

Nope. He "medically" cannot get covid vax, so per NHL protocols he cannot be within like 12 feet of the players.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If we wait long enough we won't have to trade cap for Eichel lol, can just stretch out his surgery and recovery until the playoffs then let Smith walk and trade/buy out Dadonov before next season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Not a peep from MAF or Walsh about the speculation of how McCrimmon 'somehow' knew about him contemplating retirement, or that he was going to put Chicago on his No Trade list in 24 hrs.

Flower will always have a special place as a VGK alum, but I hope people aren't naive enough to buy everything Walsh says.

If we wait long enough we won't have to trade cap for Eichel lol, can just stretch out his surgery and recovery until the playoffs then let Smith walk and trade/buy out Dadonov before next season.

Kypreos says one of the 6 teams interested in Eichel are proposing a roster player & prospect plus several conditional picks based on games played & performance. This makes perfect sense considering the severity of the questions surrounding Eichel's health.

It would take more than just losing Smith & Dadonov to fit in Eichel for next year. They'd have to chip away a lot of cap to fit him in & re-sign guys like Whitecloud & Roy. Plus they'd be offer sheet targets.

He called the Lehner extension fwiw.

This would give teams like Ottawa and Anaheim a big leg up if the trade is built around a prospect & conditional 1sts.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad