Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Never been a huge Kuznetsov fan. Burakovsky is everything Buffalo needs in a prospect outside of a McEichel talent. He just lets the puck rip every chance he can.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Blue Jackets' Foligno leaves game after collision: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=736261

[nhl]654434[/nhl]
Saw it live, it looked completely innocent at first and then he just lied there for what seemed like a good 10 minutes, while the whole arena went silent and doctors from both sides rushed to help him.

The word from the Jackets camp is that he's relatively OK and will travel with the team for their next game.

Anyhow, one of the weirdest injuries I've ever seen. Surely, you don't want to end your career due to a collision with the referee's butt.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This might sound dumb but I think Burakovsky is better than Kuznetsov.

Caps fans have been on that train since the preseason and I agree. He's more effective right now at least. Reminds me of Hertl's career start right down to it being his second post-draft year.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
With an assist on a Jonathan Toews goal, Patrick Kane has reach 500 NHL points - Congrats Kaner! (522 Games Played - 181 Goals - 319 Assists)
With his goal tonight, #19 Jonathan Toews ties #19 Troy Murray for 19th all-time in #Blackhawks history with 197 career goals.
With Versteeg's shot on goal, all 18 #Blackhawks skaters have recorded a SOG tonight, the first time that's happened this season.
(LaxSabre - We Sabres fans just hope our team gets 18 shots in the game. Blackhawks finished with 45 shots overall.)
Congrats to Scott Darling on his first NHL win - 32 saves - Blackhawks defeat the Senators 2-1.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 6m6 minutes ago

PA guy saying John Scott came off the bench…he could be gone for a little while #SJSharks

Uh-Oh

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 6m6 minutes ago

PA guy saying John Scott came off the bench…he could be gone for a little while #SJSharks

Uh-Oh

@FriedgeHNIC 16m16 minutes ago
Just looked at the Scott penalty, may be a legit line change. NHL has right to review.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
rVdf54M.gif

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
@FriedgeHNIC 16m16 minutes ago
Just looked at the Scott penalty, may be a legit line change. NHL has right to review.

Saw it live on gcl, a shark player goes to the bench and Scott hops on, he does take a straight line toward Jackman, but it was a clean line change.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@THNKenCampbell: It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, that Hockey Canada gave Steven Stamkos a championship ring from the Sochi Olympics. Words fail me.

I agree. He never played and had absolutely nothing to do with winning it. Why on earth does he get a ring?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
@THNKenCampbell: It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, that Hockey Canada gave Steven Stamkos a championship ring from the Sochi Olympics. Words fail me.

I agree. He never played and had absolutely nothing to do with winning it. Why on earth does he get a ring?

IMO, they can give a ring to whomever they want.

Coaches, equipment managers, scouts, etc. that don't get medals get rings. Heck, all sorts of administrative people get them too, I bet.

I can understand why they would give one to a guy that was going to be on the team until he got hurt.

David Byrne

Jul 7, 2014

It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, that someone cares about whom Hockey Canada gave a championship ring to. Words fail me.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
IMO, they can give a ring to whomever they want.

I wasn't aware this was in question.

Coaches, equipment managers, scouts, etc. that don't get medals get rings. Heck, all sorts of administrative people get them too, I bet.

Maybe the extend group of people you've mentioned got rings or maybe not. But at least they contributed in some way, no matter how small, to the winning. Stamkos literally did nothing to help Canada win the gold. They felt sorry for him so he got a ring.

I can understand why they would give one to a guy that was going to be on the team until he got hurt.

Call me crazy but actually contributing to the winning of something should be the criteria for being awarded something like this. I mean it does suck he couldn't go but thats a story thats been told about tons of players/athletes in every sport for years. They missed out on winning something, like a medal at the Olympics, due to bad luck with an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad