Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
We would have gotten 17 more points with Seguin on the team last year? Really? Doubt it. Also the Panthers would have always taken Ekblad and Reinhart is nearly identical to RNH. So Calgary would be the only team that would have taken Reinhart. In that case we would of had to gotten 25 more pts to not get Reinhart last year. ^_^

The way they play maybe, but RNH was miles ahead of Reinhart at the same age. He's still even smaller than Samson but was almost putting up a PPG in his rookie year, and just dominated the World Juniors

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Canes/Oil tonight. Someones gotta win!!
Here's to a 3 pt game

Edmonton's not in the same class as the injury-depleted Canes. If Edmonton gets average goaltending this season, they'll be decent. Not a playoff team, but not a laughingstock, either.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Edmonton's not in the same class as the injury-depleted Canes. If Edmonton gets average goaltending this season, they'll be decent. Not a playoff team, but not a laughingstock, either.

sure, but they're also in a much tougher Western conference

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
sure, but they're also in a much tougher Western conference

My post was more in response to the "someone's gotta win" part of your post. That suggests both teams are awful. Edmonton's not that bad, and they should win handily against an injury-depleted team playing the second of a road back-to-back.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The way they play maybe, but RNH was miles ahead of Reinhart at the same age. He's still even smaller than Samson but was almost putting up a PPG in his rookie year, and just dominated the World Juniors

No he wasn't. At least not in the year leading up to the draft. RNH was 1.54 PPG in his draft year and Reinhart was 1.75 PPG. Reinhart also played defense. RNH had a great rookie season, but Reinhart was the better prospect IMO.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Well, Carolina and Edmonton tied up at the end of the second. Take it to overtime, then the Canes can win.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Refs just completely blew a non call that led to a EDM goal. Guy hooked Carolina defender right in front of the ref and 2 seconds later the Oilers scored. Then the ref was so butt hurt that he gave the Canes a bench minor for arguing the call

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Everyone getting their first NHL goals tonight, well just Drouin and Draisaitl. And Edmonton just scored so 5-3, Canes will lose again.

Draisaitl played 14:00 minutes, more than double Reinhart on most nights.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
About 10% through the season and I think the bottom teams are starting to materialize.

Tank Tier 1
Buffalo
Carolina

Tank Tier 2
Winnipeg
Arizona

Tank Wildcard
Philly

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
we all know damn well that the NHL will give Philly the lotto win if they're bottom 5, that's some Ewing/Knicks ****

Yeah, if I were a betting man, that's where I'd see it going. The McDavid-Sid Keystone rivalry, oh they'd cream for that.

In other news, good tank day today: Dallas at NYI, Buf at SJ, Chi at STL

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@SunGarrioch 3m3 minutes ago
Buffalo GM Tim Murray is on the press list in his old home tonight to see #Sens and New Jersey

ZeroPT*

This might sound dumb but I think Burakovsky is better than Kuznetsov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad