Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
28tuqzk.png

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How does Ovechkin get just 1 5th place vote? Obviously he shouldn't win...but behind Nyqvist? Ovechkin did just lead the league in goals...

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
How does Ovechkin get just 1 5th place vote? Obviously he shouldn't win...but behind Nyqvist? Ovechkin did just lead the league in goals...

while it doesnt tell the story, it may be easiest to grasp... he was -35.

In "this" nhl, the kind of play that gets you to -35 while scoring 50+ isn't going to get you loads of MVP consideration

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
while it doesnt tell the story, it may be easiest to grasp... he was -35.

In "this" nhl, the kind of play that gets you to -35 while scoring 50+ isn't going to get you loads of MVP consideration

Regardless, I expect the guy who lead the league in goals to get more than just 1 pity vote. I'm not saying he should be much higher...I just expected him to get more pity votes.

Probably more than the +/- him missing the playoffs hurt him. But again, where are the pity votes?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Goal scoring is de-emphasized enough in stats, I'm surprised media is turning on it too.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Scott Bartlett @SCGscott · 3m
Very productive talks today between SCG and @TBLightning regarding pending UFA Ryan Callahan. Finding common ground toward new deal

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Scott Bartlett @SCGscott · 3m
Very productive talks today between SCG and @TBLightning regarding pending UFA Ryan Callahan. Finding common ground toward new deal

Either

A) A new deal is imminent
B) He wants lots and lots and lots of phone calls tomorrow.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
So, does the "Courting" period start at midnight or at noon tomorrow?

I wouldn't trust a fella who's trying to court me at midnight, that's all I have to say. Those aren't gentlemanly hours in the least.

(It begins at midnight -- just looked it up to confirm.)

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
NHL Awards Show

What an embarrassment! Two hours of careening from tackyness (Elvis and Marilyn impersonators backstage) to vulgarity (Cuba Gooding's endless "don't grab my ass" jokes) to tastelessness (disco-era sets and graphics) to ineptitude (George Strombolopolous' painfully unfunny bits (Really? That's the new face of Hockey Night In Canada? That's what passes for talent up there?) Trot out a parade of C-list celebrities and wrap the whole fetid mess in a bumbling fog of amateurishness, and you get . . .
. . . pretty much what you'd expect to get from the people running the NHL these days.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
What an embarrassment! Two hours of careening from tackyness (Elvis and Marilyn impersonators backstage) to vulgarity (Cuba Gooding's endless "don't grab my ass" jokes) to tastelessness (disco-era sets and graphics) to ineptitude (George Strombolopolous' painfully unfunny bits (Really? That's the new face of Hockey Night In Canada? That's what passes for talent up there?) Trot out a parade of C-list celebrities and wrap the whole fetid mess in a bumbling fog of amateurishness, and you get . . .
. . . pretty much what you'd expect to get from the people running the NHL these days.

Sounds like you're describing every single awards show and shouldn't have had higher expectations.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The architecture of the hall was pretty pedestrian too, what a waste.

Award shows are like NASCAR, you watch for the crashes. Strombo got a sweet Selke with the Selke, and Cuba hit that wall going about 115. All in all successful award show, people are going to talk about it tomorrow because of Cuba's embarrassing comments. Gary should thank his wife. Thanks baby. wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad