Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
To be fair, they never specified where.

theresachance.jpg

Ummmm

https://twitter.com/ChrisKuc

Jonathan Toews said he and Patrick Kane want to play for #Blackhawks "hopefully our entire careers. That's the priority right there."

Jonathan Toews on contract extension: "We're in discussions right now but as far as I know nothing is concrete." #Blackhawks

Asked Jonathan Toews if there was any scenario where he wouldn't sign contract extension with #Blackhawks: "Very doubtful."

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Retweeted by Elliotte Friedman
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 2m

Ryan O'Reilly: "There's no question that I want to be in Colorado next year and try to win [there]. My agent knows that."

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Markov off the market.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3s

Markov's AAV is $5.75M

Edit: 3years I think

That's an atrocious contract. A questionable GM and a bad coach are going to do everything they can to make sure Montreal never makes the next step.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Zachparisecirca2011.avi

Until the contract is announced don't assume it's confirmed. It's not like Kane is coming here anyway, but this is how the dance goes

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 2m

BREAKING: The #Flyers have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract extension with center Brayden Schenn.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
There's always a loophole.

Hire Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita as a coach/GM/important person. Kane/Toews play for Hull/Mikita--thus meaning they are playing for "Blackhawks".

Win.

:D
It might be easier to give Tim Murray the nickname "Black Ox" and claim that's what was meant.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
@adater
I'm hearing more that Stastny will listen to other offers. Possibility he could circle back to Avs, but count me as a pessimist

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Brayden Schenn's new two year deal with PHI pays him $2.25M and $2.75M for an AAV of $2.5M.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@DarrenDreger

Names are also being thrown at Pens gm, Jim Rutherford for James Neal. What's the going rate for a 30-40 goal scorer? Tough trade to make.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The basic question is whether saving $4.6M against the cap each of the next three seasons is worth trading back from 17 to 31 in this draft?

For Philly, it might. They have roughly $9.2M in cap space to play with (Pronger will go on LTIR and free up $4.9M) and roughly 6 spots to fill.

Pretty much this. One its merits, this trade doesn't make sense.

Hartnell, Productive, Umberger, on the verge of being waiver bait for a CBO.

Sure, Hartnell IS movable. My guess is several teams would have had interest in him if he was shopped openly. If the Flyers were willing to retain 1.5 million or so a year? Would have been able to get something more than umberger for him. They likely could have traded Hartnell out of the division, gotten a decent return.

However, if the plan is to move an asset for another team to use their CBO? This deal then makes a good bit of sense. Teams were likely asking quite a bit for a 15 million CBO of Hartnell. A 9.2 Million CBO would cost them less in assets. IMHO, this deal, after all is settled, will be about clearing cap space. It seems like a Philly-type move.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@Proteautype: Does Vegas give odds on Flyers players finishing their contracts/careers in Philly? If so, do they start at Hahaha:1 & only get more remote?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
@Proteautype: Does Vegas give odds on Flyers players finishing their contracts/careers in Philly? If so, do they start at Hahaha:1 & only get more remote?

No kidding. I'd say Giroux, but with the length of his contract, odds are he gets traded at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia