Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Nazem Kadri makes Cody Hodgson look like a Selke Nominee, he is absolutely horrible in his own zone.

He is the type of player that's always going to put up points, but never be a core guy IMO. Like a Mike Ribeiro.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It's been a tough couple of years for Sabres fans since the playoff loss to Philly but they have generally played as well as expected. Leafs fans generally overhype their team, get overly excited when they win a few games and are inevitably disappointed, nay, devastated at the end of the season. The other 28 teams that do not win the Cup are disappointed to varying degrees however the Leafs always find a way to make their playoff exit as painful as possible. Even the years they miss the playoffs it's generally close or they collapse late in the season and go from in to out of the playoffs.

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013
The Laffs doing their impression of the Hindenberg again.

I had hoped that they would make the playoffs and get slaughtered in the first round, largely because Laffs Nation thinks the game is so simple, as in 'if we can just get in to da playoffs we can win da cup like LA did, eh?' Any team that tethers the captaincy to Dion Phaneuf is destined to toil and suffer under the weight of his own mediocrity and milquetoast hockey IQ. And they signed on for seven more years of his poor impression of what a #1 defender should be?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@Ryeking73: “@FriedgeHNIC: Ryan O'Reilly just took his first penalty of the season -- for using a broken stick.†No more Lady Byng @JEWNIOR78

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
@Ryeking73: “@FriedgeHNIC: Ryan O'Reilly just took his first penalty of the season -- for using a broken stick.†No more Lady Byng @JEWNIOR78

I was rooting for him to go the full season. The No Penalties for ROR, No Goals for Leino dream is dead. :shakehead

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Am I the only one who thinks Leino invented his "light headedness" after finding out he was playing the 4th line?

LOL, of course not!! That's got to be the most transparent BS all season. Put him on the shelf until buy-out time.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Who did a better job finishing arguments for me this year, Rej Sekera or Ryan Oreilly?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who did a better job finishing arguments for me this year, Rej Sekera or Ryan Oreilly?

Heheheheheheheehhehehehehe.

Ok, so as a legit response... Both. ROR is one of 4 200' players in Quebecs err Colorado's top 6 that are better than anything Buffalo can ice.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
As if the Toronto media isn't bad enough, Riddick Bowe wants to knock out Carlyle. :laugh:

@riddickbowe: If the @MapleLeafs lose tomorrow im going to knock out Randy Carlyle. One punch between the eyes #TMLtalk #Leafs #LeafsNation #BoweLeafsBowe

@riddickbowe: I'm giving you one more chance tonight Randy. Make it happen vs Detroit or else... #BoweLeafsBowe

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
full

Huge hit on Towes that knocked him out of game.

Orpik left his feet but looks like after contact was made...

Hell of a hit by my standards.

http://twitpic.com/dzv4te/full

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 15m

Knowing Mike Milbury has a job talking hockey makes me feel good about life after I'm done playing. Guy's a zero.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Good on Orpik. Hard, clean, game meant to be played that way.

Probably gets 10 games for knocking out Toews, -5 games for being a Penguin, -6 games for being on team USA, so they'll end up having to let him play an extra game this year, which will end up being applied at some point when the Pens need help from the refs to avoid elimination.

It's really a very rigorous, mathematical set of rules if you're just interpreting them right.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 15m

Knowing Mike Milbury has a job talking hockey makes me feel good about life after I'm done playing. Guy's a zero.

John Scott's reply to that:

"Don't get me started on that ********" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad