Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Red Wings now a couple points out of a wild card spot in the standings.

Seems like a lot of people were concerned with this powerhouse team coming East.

They've had a brutal run of injuries. They still have several high-end vets and quality young kids knocking at the door. They're going to remain a tough team to beat for a while.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Edmonton's had some kind of horrid identity crisis going on these last few years, and I fear that's going to be the Sabres pretty soon after a few good picks. I want to be optimistic... but you know, being a Sabres fan... :help:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Edmonton's had some kind of horrid identity crisis going on these last few years, and I fear that's going to be the Sabres pretty soon after a few good picks. I want to be optimistic... but you know, being a Sabres fan... :help:

Think Colorado instead.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
No matter who the Oilers take they will still be bad. They are going nowhere. If this Sabres team is better than them, they have another 5+ years of rebuilding left.

Not if the Oilers get Ekblad and McDavid.:laugh:

Connor McDavid
Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Aaron Ekblad
Darnell Nurse

That core has to turn the Oilers around.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
How is Edmonton so bad? I just can't wrap my mind around how that is possible with all the picks they've had...
'
Their defense is as bad as our offense. They've blown all their high end picks on forwards, and it shows.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I am sorry, but there is something severely wrong going on in Edmonton right now...I mean what kind of fans do this!?!? And you wonder why everyone who goes to Edmonton fails. ^_^

"Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesn't like Edmonton. @AVPreports You're gutless. And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how she's lazy (even though she's not in Edmonton now because she has a fulltime job in LA she can't just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing in the AHL) or that she's dumb (she's an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know I'm embarrassed to say that you are an Edmontonian. Way to make my family feel welcome."

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I am sorry, but there is something severely wrong going on in Edmonton right now...I mean what kind of fans do this!?!? And you wonder why everyone who goes to Edmonton fails. ^_^

"Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesn't like Edmonton. @AVPreports You're gutless. And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how she's lazy (even though she's not in Edmonton now because she has a fulltime job in LA she can't just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing in the AHL) or that she's dumb (she's an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know I'm embarrassed to say that you are an Edmontonian. Way to make my family feel welcome."

Who is the player? To be fair to Edmonton, I'm sure every fanbase has people saying pathetic things to players and their family on twitter.

Edit: I went on that goober's twitter and figured out that it's Scrivens.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013

What I would've given to see Miller stick it to the insufferable Buffalo media/fans in 2011...

(of course, the reaction to him standing up for his wife would be a little different, and he'd probably have been called a whiner or some other stupid crap)

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
The oilers suck at drafting, picking guys on top of the draft isn't hard, but getting NHLers, with later picks is hard and they totally suck at getting talent past their top pick.

barnell

butter knife hockey
Mar 28, 2010
Rochester, NY
'
Their defense is as bad as our offense. They've blown all their high end picks on forwards, and it shows.

Its not that they have blown all their high end picks on forwards. They were the best available players at the time.

It's that they have been unwilling to use their assets to improve an area of their team that everyone knows is a glaring weakness.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Columbus jumping all over the Caps, shelling Grubauer out of the net a little over 2 minutes into the 2nd at 3-0.

Good on two fronts:
1a) Columbus playing well coming into Buffalo tomorrow if you are pro-tank
1b) Columbus leaving it all on the ice today if you're anti-tank
2) Washington goaltender issues... again.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Columbus jumping all over the Caps, shelling Grubauer out of the net a little over 2 minutes into the 2nd at 3-0.

Good on two fronts:
1a) Columbus playing well coming into Buffalo tomorrow if you are pro-tank
1b) Columbus leaving it all on the ice today if you're anti-tank
2) Washington goaltender issues... again.

I don't think Washington and Buffalo make good trading partners........Neuvirth/Erat are pretty much a dollar-for-dollar exchange for Miller.....and Washington basically no cap room maneuverability.

I doubt that Miller is the piece that puts the Caps over the top, so I don't think that McPhee is going to want to add a whole lot to a Neuvy/Erat package.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Hearing that goalie Steve Mason has signed an extension with the Flyers. No other details at this point.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The Oilers suck because Taylor Hall's the best player they've drafted by a huge margin, and he plays one of the least important positions in hockey.

Zip, here is what I meant to articulate the last time there was this go-round: if Hall played center, you could put him with a couple of Justin Williams/Jochen Hecht/Pascal Dupuis types, and you'd still have a reasonably productive first line. Those types of players are available every year, and don't come with huge price tags. But their center equivalents (Brandon Sutter, for example) are only traded to upgrade their position, or for much greater returns (Mike Fisher for a 1st+).

It's much easier to find wingers who can keep up with a first line caliber center, than it is to find a center who compliments your wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad