Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Vanek injured during the Isles game and is out for rest of it.If its Long term this could have huge ramifications.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
the dreaded UBI for Vanek, the announcers talking about it being a hand

replays looks like a slash on the wrist

Last edited:

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011

Ugly hit in the O.

Something seriously needs to be done about elbows to the head. Not elbows tucked into the body that hit high but guys leading with a elbow extended way out and parallel with the ice. This is a newer thing in hockey and it needs to stop now. Scott Stevens made a career of hitting guys and very rarely got his elbow up instead he formed a V with the elbow tucked to the ribs and hand over the middle of his chest. I'm thinking that hard plastic caps on elbow and shoulder pads need to go, irregardless the elbows have to stop and that starts in Jr or perhaps even Midget.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
So...I got 6-2 last night and now LA is beating Vancouver 5-1 in the second period...good thing I have lots of beer.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Pominville leading American born players in goals (well, I suppose he's a Canadian born player, lolol).. Really hope he cracks Team USA.

I know, right? They didn't even make him the offer to come to camp this summer. Making them look stupid.

Proooooobably because they're stupid.

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
I know, right? They didn't even make him the offer to come to camp this summer. Making them look stupid.

He definitely should have been in camp but I would have a hard time putting him on the team despite his strong start.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Truly staggering:

The worst western playoff team has 24 points.

The worst Eastern playoff team has 16 points.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Not having him in camp was a joke. It'd be perfectly reasonable for him to not make the final team despite his awesome start, even if he had been in camp, but not having him in camp was ridiculous. He's been one of the most consistent producers of all USA-eligible players over his career, has good hockey IQ, and is a thoroughly unselfish player.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Vanek injury is why I was glad Darcy made a quick move. I want to believe he knew Vanek could get injured like he always does.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Vanek injury is why I was glad Darcy made a quick move. I want to believe he knew Vanek could get injured like he always does.

Agreed. While Vanek wasn't white-hot like he usually is to start the season, you knew at some point the injuries were coming. Gambling on a trade deadline deal would have been a mistake IMO.

While this particular injury isn't the chronic type, you knew it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad