Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
yuck... I prefer our Snes jersey over that monstrosity

InexperiencedSpottedDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Oilers new 3rd jersey leaked today and it's uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

JESUS that's bad
I actually think you could make a great jersey with that navy color, but the design is just crap. I think it would look a lot better if they used the normal logo, that orange variant is disgusting

edit- Something like this would be nice:
Rud7aM2.png

(excuse the crappy 30 min photoshop job)

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Jonathan Dahlen, Sens 2nd rounder and key component of the ill-fated Alex Burrows trade (and later traded to San Jose this past season), has returned to play in the Swedish league with Timra for the 2019-20 season.

Lots of chitter-chatter from his time in Vancouver about his attitude, and some scouting reports hinting that his skating hasn't improved much since his draft year. Wonder if he'll find his way to the NHL eventually and this is just a speed bump, or if he's back to Europe for good.

This was the prospect that was supposed to be a great loss to Ottawa and a sure thing for the Canucks.

Looks like the trade did not work out well for either party, in the end.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This was the prospect that was supposed to be a great loss to Ottawa and a sure thing for the Canucks.

Fans always overvalue their own team's prospects, and Dahlen is the perfect example. He was a second round pick, and the harsh truth is that only about 10% of second rounders end up playing in the league for any extended period of time. We tend to overvalue prospects, and undervalue guys who have actually proven that they can play in the NHL on a nightly basis...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The design of the Oilers jersey isn't bad. It is the color that makes it look terrible.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

You knew this was coming. Now, if Ceci had home insurance, which I imagine he did, it would respond to the lawsuit under his general liability. This will never see the inside of a court room - there will be a settlement negotiated eventually, and you can bet that the defendant (Ceci and his lawyer) will have a gag order as part of the terms of the settlement...

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You knew this was coming. Now, if Ceci had home insurance, which I imagine he did, it would respond to the lawsuit under his general liability. This will never see the inside of a court room - there will be a settlement negotiated eventually, and you can bet that the defendant (Ceci and his lawyer) will have a gag order as part of the terms of the settlement...

Did we know this was coming??

Holy crap I must have missed it, what a crazy story.. sounds like his old lady had a bit too much to drink and f***ed up HUGE. Sucks for everyone involved....

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
The lawsuit describes a “physically active young woman who enjoyed yoga, swimming, cycling, dancing, travelling, walking her dogs and other activities.”
She took a “keen interest” in fashion, beauty, cosmetics, hair and personal styling.
“Her injuries and her resulting changes to her appearance have prevented her, and will prevent her from engaging in all of these activities and interests,” the lawsuit claims.

That’s a load of rubbish if I ever saw it, “own it sister”.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

I hope she gets everything she's asking for.

I can't imagine anything more painful to live through that what happened to Engel, and the injuries she suffered will never fully heal. The impact on her loved ones were immense as well, in terms of what they had to do to support her, both in time and cost.

Meanwhile, she goes on Instagram and sees Ceci and Thompsen living a picture-perfect millionaire life - getting engaged in Italy, traveling, etc.

From what some people in their "circle" have said, Ceci and Thompsen essentially cut ties with Engel a few months after the incident, because they needed to "move on". So yeah, give her the $8 million.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Well "accident" or not, if you throw a burning ethanol bottle onto me and give me 3rd degree buns, you are getting sued.

People use "accident" all the time to describe negligent f***ed up behaviour. Thomspon never intended to burn her friend severely of course, that's why it's not criminal. But she was still reckless and severely injured someone.

Reactions: IamJust0ne

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Equally important to remember when discussing our group of prospects (Verronneau, Abramov, Davidsson, Lajoie, Chlapik, etc), and our "haul" of picks in the next two drafts (6 2nd rounders).

Most of those players will never become impact NHLers, and the odds that they turn into a Stone, Karlsson or Duchene are miniscule.

This board, as a whole, overrates picks and prospects by a great deal.

Reactions: Deku and The Lewler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad