Around the NHL XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brady isn't as tight as his brother. He is gangly and his arms and legs are all over the place like Bambi on ice. That makes him look way less skilled (and less stable on his skates so he gets knocked down more often). I do think Matt has more skill, but the difference isn't as big as some folks think it is. Once Brady gets a bit more weight on and quiets his body a little bit, he'll look like his brother (but with more nasty), and slightly less skill.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Amazing that the mighty Rangers and their fearless leader ZibaneGretzky have only 1 more point than Ottawa. It's cool though, their owner wrote the fans a really nice letter so all is forgiven.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Amazing that the mighty Rangers and their fearless leader ZibaneGretzky have only 1 more point than Ottawa. It's cool though, their owner wrote the fans a really nice letter so all is forgiven.
I thought it was at least admirable that they accepted responsibility for their role in the need to rebuild, unlike ours.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I'm not sure who this is supposed to be directed at.

... are there any Rangers fans visiting these boards a bunch lately that I didn't know about?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well after the Sens-Rangers game many Sens posters felt the Rangers were on the fast track and their "rebuild" was complete. Funny how the Rangers have lost four straight since then.

Reactions: coladin

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Well after the Sens-Rangers game many Sens posters felt the Rangers were on the fast track and their "rebuild" was complete. Funny how the Rangers have lost four straight since then.

What's funny is just think for a second if they are far away from a completed rebuild with the pieces they have, how far are the Senators away ?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
What's funny is just think for a second if they are far away from a completed rebuild with the pieces they have, how far are the Senators away ?
Yes the Sens are a long way off and that is to be expected. The Rangers should be a lot closer than they are.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Far. Quite far.

But people, not you, but many here are already done with the pain of a rebuild. It is October 20 and people are ready to declare that the prospects suck, team sucks, everyone sucks. It is October and this year will be a learning one.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Rangers have some overrated or underdeveloped players it seems

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Both teams started their rebuild at the same time, and I'd argue most fans would rather be in the shoes of the Rangers fans than ours.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Fans getting impatient or negative about prospects is probably in large part because last year was a very long, lost season with no reward before the "rebuild" really kicked off and fatigue/frustration is setting in. Last year was essentially pointless in the context of a rebuild, it only served to antagonize fans. Even though they still look far off, this team will be in its 3rd bottom 5 finish in a row and will likely be in their 4th, maybe 5th by the time any kids other than the 3 of White, Tkachuk & Chabot can contribute in primary roles. Its a tough sell this year since they're selling the same few kids as last year and the collection of veterans is mostly a collection of cap casualties I think we'd all rather be rid of if the goal were to be anything other than a last place team. So be it, but Im surprised some are surprised that fans aren't ready to be patient for a plan that takes 5 years to bear fruit.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

their forwards look better than ours for sure but on D and in nets we are far, far more advanced than they are imo.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He’s not much more skilled. They are about the same.

What? Matt is way way more skilled.

I think the only clear advantage I can give Brady is net front play but even Matt isn't bad at that, Brady is just going to be the best at it.

Hands, hockey IQ, vision and passing are all clear wins for Matt. Which are the attributes skill is most about.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know it's never going to happen, but for the limited time we get to see SJ out of a playoff spot, it's fun to run the draft lottery simulator. Only took about a half dozen tries before I had it turn up with Ottawa drafting 1st and 2nd.

Seriously though, their goaltending is really bad. How have they not fixed that yet...

Reactions: Silencio

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know it's never going to happen, but for the limited time we get to see SJ out of a playoff spot, it's fun to run the draft lottery simulator. Only took about a half dozen tries before I had it turn up with Ottawa drafting 1st and 2nd.

Seriously though, their goaltending is really bad. How have they not fixed that yet...

SJ could easily miss the playoffs, lots of old legs, bad goaltending and lacking leadership.

EK is one of the best 2nd half players in NHL history so I expect them to heat up, but I don’t like their team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
SJ could easily miss the playoffs, lots of old legs, bad goaltending and lacking leadership.

EK is one of the best 2nd half players in NHL history so I expect them to heat up, but I don’t like their team.
Playoff team and not much more is where I would place them now,they are just delaying the eventual teardown that is required

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

There's tons of parity in the league, and their goaltending really does suck, but I won't count them out.

The west has a bunch of teams on the bubble hat I could see making the playoffs, and it's certainly possible there will be 8 teams better than SJ... only team in the pacific I am absolutely confident they will be better than is LA,

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad