Around the NHL XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Aren't there also either no or low taxes in Russia? I am surprised Leafs fans aren't complaining about that!

It's very interesting that a Canadian who had a career mostly as an NHL/AHL tweener is able to make that much money because his game translates well to Russia. Depending on taxes, 2.4M in the KHL might put him on par with some of the guys making low end 2nd line money in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Aren't there also either no or low taxes in Russia? I am surprised Leafs fans aren't complaining about that!

It's very interesting that a Canadian who had a career mostly as an NHL/AHL tweener is able to make that much money because his game translates well to Russia. Depending on taxes, 2.4M in the KHL might put him on par with some of the guys making low end 2nd line money in the NHL.
I was surprised at the amounts as well. Not a terrible alternative for some players

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

I was actually super high on Dawes in his draft year and wanted us to grab him. Never really did work out for him in the NHL though so shows how good a scout I am.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Buffalo keeps winning but it feels like their goaltending is really masking a lot of their defensive flaws. They could either be the "real deal" this year or fall apart once goaltending starts to be exposed.

Intriguing team to follow right now for sure.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Has that Spos feel to it

hqg-567.gif

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Well, 8 games in and plenty of Leaf fans are getting frustrated with Ceci.

Hmmm...all those criticisms seem oddly familiar. I'm sure Steve is just biased and thus not capable of appreciating all the good Ceci does :p

Reactions: Deku and Beville

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Turris had a great goal to tie that game up though. Top corner snipe.

No argument. Just saying that former Sens were 0-3 in the shoot-out. All 3 are off to good starts.

...from a pool perspective I am hoping Karlsson finds some of that old magic (I'm ok if doesn't score in any s/o's).

Reactions: Slack

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
No argument. Just saying that former Sens were 0-3 in the shoot-out. All 3 are off to good starts.

...from a pool perspective I am hoping Karlsson finds some of that old magic (I'm ok if doesn't score in any s/o's).
Was meaning to comment about Turris's goal so I kinda used your post as a jumping off point. Just glad to see him getting back to his former self.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Probably the highlight of the night...

Liking the rivalry but Doughty is such a dick, acts the big man and is laughing it off but a) your team still sucks and b) Calgary are still doing better.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Liking the rivalry but Doughty is such a dick, acts the big man and is laughing it off but a) your team still sucks and b) Calgary are still doing better.

I mean Doughty has won cups I don't think he actually cares that Calgary is doing better, clearly LA had their peak a couple years ago and Calgary seems to be in it right now.

It's normal the Kings slowed down

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

This type of stuff is what is missing from hockey these days. Not enough rivalries like this and not enough animosity. Hockey is really turning me off lately and it’s not because the Sens are bad, it just seems like people only want to see speedy flashy goals and nothing else.

Reactions: Daffy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
This type of stuff is what is missing from hockey these days. Not enough rivalries like this and not enough animosity. Hockey is really turning me off lately and it’s not because the Sens are bad, it just seems like people only want to see speedy flashy goals and nothing else.

Why are hockey fans the only people who get "turned off" when there is a lack of violence in their sport?

The NBA, NFL and MLB are doing just fine without fighting and I doubt their fans only watch because a "once a season" brawl might break out on the field or court.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Why are hockey fans the only people who get "turned off" when there is a lack of violence in their sport?

The NBA, NFL and MLB are doing just fine without fighting and I doubt their fans only watch because a "once a season" brawl might break out on the field or court.
I didn’t say fighting I said rivalries. I don’t care about fighting. There’s just a lack of intensity in games from what I’ve seen now.

NBa has a shit ton more rivalries and storylines

Reactions: Daffy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Baseball is the perfect game.

What Manfred is doing (changing the balls, pitch clock, pitcher inning length requirements and NL DH) is criminal.

Basketball is fantastic - but I find the excessive money involved makes it less of a sport and more of an event or entertainment.

Football is just dumb. I used to love it - but once they relocate my team it lost its soul. It’s a viscous machine that chews young men up and spits them out in pieces, hollowed husks of their former selves - rewarding a select few. Just watching the hits makes me nauseous.

When people get mad at a reduction in violence in hockey it’s usually a result of reflected internal frustrations. Basic human stuff. I hate my job, my boss’ are dicks, I want to hit them. But I can’t... So I watch my favourite team beat up another team. And they didn’t take my frustrations out on the opponent?!? Outrage unleashed.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

I thought Brady Tkachuk was supposed to be a bigger pest than his brother, but it turns out that Matthew is much more skilled while also being a bigger rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad