NHL Around the NHL XXV - Bubble Hockey Continues II......Claude Julien admitted to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Binnington dropped and replaced by Allen for Game 3 against the Canucks. Probably the right call. Binnington's been horrible. Hard to say if it's just a phase or him reverting to his 'normal' level. He was ok in the regular season, but not great - probably neither good enough to silence the doubters nor bad enough to completely validate those who thought his 2019 was a flash in the pan.

Hate to tell you all that I told you so but I told You all so. I predicted that Binnington would fizzle out real quick, he even exceeded my expectations

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Binnington always sucked. People acted like he's the next Dryden because Marchand shot a puck with a wide-open net right into his armpit in game 7 and they acted like he stole the game or something stupid like that. He was garbage the other 6 games of the finals and gave up some terrible rebounds. He's not good, flash in the pan who got lucky last year.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Shame, but the Blues outplayed and outworked the Canucks tonight and earned the win, just. Next game is huge. I reckon whoever wins it takes the series - if the Blues tie it up, they'll probably grind Vancouver down from there; if the Canucks go 3-1 up then they should be able to finish it off. Hopefully it's the latter.

Reactions: BMC

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Do this day is drives me batty that this guy beat the bruins on home ice

The amount of pucks we made easy on him is just...I could cry

never once did someone notice how he was cheating low after getting burned there often in the series (certainly in game 6) and go hmmm, maybe I should hold onto it and give it some elevation after he goes down...

Veterans and all. For 40 minutes. Then the guy who got his brain scrambled for the series gets one. Go figure

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
his GAA of 2.56 is the same as Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck. for Goalies with over 50 starts he ranks #1 in GAA. For starters with over 40 starts he ranks 4th is GAA

GAA is generally considered a team stat. When you look at his underlying stats, he was basically a league average goalie. Not bad by any means, but certainly not good either.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
GAA is generally considered a team stat. When you look at his underlying stats, he was basically a league average goalie. Not bad by any means, but certainly not good either.

I don't think he's Hasek but I don't think he's avg considering he followed up a cup run with another 50 starts for a top team in the west. I was really just commenting on the fizzled out comment.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So he's fizzled out after 2 games played in the 1st round after a huge layoff?
Binnington is a perfect example of the kind of player I like to root against. He's a cocky, arrogant little piece of shit and he was most certainly a racist little piece of shit earlier in life. Maybe he's changed his colors since then, maybe he hasn't.

I hope he posts a 7.5 GAA for the rest of his career.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Max Pacioretty's character summed up in one play: slashes 5'7" Alex DeBrincat, who would still probably beat him up, then tries getting in his face after. f*** that guy.

Former Habs captain, everybody.

Reactions: Budddy and BMC

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Do this day is drives me batty that this guy beat the bruins on home ice

The amount of pucks we made easy on him is just...I could cry

never once did someone notice how he was cheating low after getting burned there often in the series (certainly in game 6) and go hmmm, maybe I should hold onto it and give it some elevation after he goes down...

Veterans and all. For 40 minutes. Then the guy who got his brain scrambled for the series gets one. Go figure

If only they had cashed in a couple of those early opportunities, I think Binnington would've folded faster than Superman on laundry day

Reactions: KnightofBoston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce