NHL Around the NHL XXIV - Bubble Hockey Continues..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Kevin Bieska said last night that Milan Lucic is still the top sheriff in the game, high praise from a former Canuck. Don't know what Beaulieu was thinking when he challenged Lucic to that fight last night.

Would be nice to Lucic to help his team to a finals berth. Calgary definitely won't be pushed around.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sorry, but it is the playoffs for those 2 teams and I don't see how the Jets not having a couple of their big guns does anything whatsoever to detract from the reality that Milan Lucic played well in that series. Like somehow the presence of Scheifele and Laine would make Lucic contribute far less than he did? C'mon Blowfish you're better than this.

We shall see...that Jet team is not quality. That's a fact. Normally is but not this play in round.

The playoffs will be a completely different story with a complete team like the Avs or the Blues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mission ImPastable

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Kevin Bieska said last night that Milan Lucic is still the top sheriff in the game, high praise from a former Canuck. Don't know what Beaulieu was thinking when he challenged Lucic to that fight last night.

Wow the linesmen actually let them go! I am shocked.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
hahahahahahahahahahha

(breathe)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(breathe)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
I'll have what you're havin'!

6 potential elimination games today, how many teams do we think make it to the weekend?

Personally, I think Florida and Minnesota are done today. If I had to pick a third lock to lose, I'm goin Pitt, because I feel like Crosby and Malkin have never played well, especially in the playoffs, against Julien coached teams (I have no empirical evidence to back up such a bold claim though).

Nashville and Edmonton can certainly still win I think, though I am actively rooting the Coyotes in that series.

Toronto-Columbus will be interesting for sure. This will be the ultimate test for Toronto's young guns to see if they can learn from their previous failures and get it done when it matters most.

Should be a great day of hockey!

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CAN_TSUN (1).jpg

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Matt
I'll have what you're havin'!

6 potential elimination games today, how many teams do we think make it to the weekend?

Personally, I think Florida and Minnesota are done today. If I had to pick a third lock to lose, I'm goin Pitt, because I feel like Crosby and Malkin have never played well, especially in the playoffs, against Julien coached teams (I have no empirical evidence to back up such a bold claim though).

Nashville and Edmonton can certainly still win I think, though I am actively rooting the Coyotes in that series.

Toronto-Columbus will be interesting for sure. This will be the ultimate test for Toronto's young guns to see if they can learn from their previous failures and get it done when it matters most.

Should be a great day of hockey!
Duchene might be the ultimate cooler.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
NHL is showing commercials for Tuesday.

Monday is their travel day :sarcasm: - no reason they shouldn't be playing on Tuesday.

They did explicitly block off the tenth on the initial playoff schedule. I imagine each site will have early and late games - 1/7-ish in Toronto and 4/10-ish in Edmonton would likely give wall-to-wall hockey. They might adjust the late game in Edmonton, particularly if there are Central time zone teams. While Bruins potentially playing at 1 on a weekday sucks, it gives them max time to prep the ice, along with a good buffer in case of OT games.

The good news is for round 2 and round 3, the active arenas only have 4 teams (or 2 matches) each. By playing every other day, each arena should have 1 game per day except for weekends, so no weird game times.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Monday is their travel day :sarcasm: - no reason they shouldn't be playing on Tuesday.

They did explicitly block off the tenth on the initial playoff schedule. I imagine each site will have early and late games - 1/7-ish in Toronto and 4/10-ish in Edmonton would likely give wall-to-wall hockey. They might adjust the late game in Edmonton, particularly if there are Central time zone teams. While Bruins potentially playing at 1 on a weekday sucks, it gives them max time to prep the ice, along with a good buffer in case of OT games.

The good news is for round 2 and round 3, the active arenas only have 4 teams (or 2 matches) each. By playing every other day, each arena should have 1 game per day except for weekends, so no weird game times.

I'm concerned about the ice. Glad that by design it will get better as the rounds go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad