NHL Around the NHL XXIV - Bubble Hockey Continues..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Dubois literally added insult to injury by taking out Muzzin in the previous game, and then scoring a hat trick including the winner tonite

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Leafs looked good, even dominated much of the OT.

Their puck possession game is solid, but they're giving up goals on the rush.

Curious to see who Tortorella plays in net. Probably sticks with Elvis.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-8-7_1-55-39.png

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Leafs looked good, even dominated much of the OT.

Their puck possession game is solid, but they're giving up goals on the rush.

Curious to see who Tortorella plays in net. Probably sticks with Elvis.

Only got to watch the 3rd and OT, but the Jackets looked better in both periods to me. Each team had their chances, but the Jackets tempo in both ends of the ice was more impressive. They were relentless, and the Leafs were not matching that level at all. You can see the Leafs have more raw skill and it's how they were generating chances, but in this case, the grinding looked to be trumping skill. And then the Leafs were unable to shut down the lone skilled players of the Jackets.

Funny, I think that weak 3rd goal by the Leafs that entered Elvis into the game, also won them the game. Watching highlights, Korpisalo looked shaky nearly every shot. He looked off his game, and if that didn't go in, he would have let in another or two later, and god knows how that would have effected the game. Torts did good with that change, altho think most coaches would in the same situation.

And gotta go with Elvis until he looks unfocused like Korpisalo did this game.

Saying this, it's 2-1, Leafs only have to win 2 straight to advance. It's very possible. Same with the Pens and Oilers. Best of 5's, truly mean nothings over until it's over. I mean the Bruins were down 2-1 to the Jackets last year and won 3 straight.

And what a run the Bruin's went on there. Won 3 straight against Jackets, 4 against the Canes, and then the 1st game against the Blues for 8-0 in the playoffs. Crazy good.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think Leafs newbie coach has a 0% chance of beating Torts. Also Marner and Tavares have a combined 1+1 on that series, same as Tobias Rieder (1+1 against Jets) who scored 0 goals in 67 games last season.

I'd much rather play Leafs tho, they lack leadership. And Muzzin is gone for 2 weeks.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs dominated game 2

this series has gone to the most scared team In each game - can’t use desperate with Torts coaching

still tough to bet against the collection of talent that is Toronto but Columbus is solid

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It will be interesting if Claude can get his team through to the next round with a team with no stars like the leafs have. Leafs could have close out Boston on home ice last year in game 6 and they blew that opportunity
https://youtu.be/_5cZp1dpUdU

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pretty nice playoff series for our old friend Lucic.

Milan Lucic helps Flames fight through series win against Jets - Sportsnet.ca

Finished with 1 goal (and another goal called back due to goalie interference), 3 assists, 12 hits and a fight while averaging 14 mins. per game.

While he's not a 6 million dollar player anymore, the guy can still play and have an impact.

Not the playoffs and the Jets are missing half their stars.

Love Lucic but let's see how he plays in the playoffs against a full line up team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not the playoffs and the Jets are missing half their stars.

Love Lucic but let's see how he plays in the playoffs against a full line up team.

Sorry, but it is the playoffs for those 2 teams and I don't see how the Jets not having a couple of their big guns does anything whatsoever to detract from the reality that Milan Lucic played well in that series. Like somehow the presence of Scheifele and Laine would make Lucic contribute far less than he did? C'mon Blowfish you're better than this.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I stopped watching the Leaf game when it was 3-1 in the second. To my surprise I got to see the OT. The leafs controlled the perimeter non dangerous laneways and possession. That Bubois is some player, funny he gets a hattrick and Panarin and came up flat for the Rags. (So did Kreider).

Not many Leaf fans saying anything about that horrible pinch by Reilly that gave up the breakaway. To me he cost them the game, horrible pinch in OT.

Lucic schooled that Jets guy in the fight and has played well but he is still a 6 million cap hit till 2022/23. Then again Krech leaves after next year and frees up 7.25 million.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Leafs nation brought down HF last night after that loss.

Scared to think of what they'll do if they lose the series!

:sarcasm::popcorn:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Kevin Bieska said last night that Milan Lucic is still the top sheriff in the game, high praise from a former Canuck. Don't know what Beaulieu was thinking when he challenged Lucic to that fight last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad