Around the NHL XVIII: The Stanley Cup is won, everyone's offseason begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
No you are not. Its buyout material.
Like if you are going to go spend this money on Soderberg as a replacement fro ROR why not just pony up 6-7 long term to ROR, which is a vastly superior player?

It's more than likely that ROR does not want to play in Colorodo, so no amount of money will do, much like Turris in Phoenix.

Staying is just not an option

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
You are certainly not the only one.

Makes Michalek's contract look pretty good, to be honest. That's UFA for you - very few bargains to be had, but plenty of bad deals out there for a GM who doesn't keep his head on straight and can't resist gambling on a dream.

Someone brought this up on the main boards though, and there's some truth to it - by signing Soderberg, the Avs are taking away from teams in need of a center the only realistic UFA alternative to trading for O'Reilly. They can control the market on RoR a lot more now with Soderberg out of the picture. It's worth pointing out, at the very least.

Except now they also took away all their ability to sign ROR themselves, so other teams can also play chicken with them and wait to ROR to hit the market next season if the asking price is too high.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Can we all just take a minute to realize how bad the St. Louis trade was.

Callahan, a 2014 1st, a 2015 1st, and a 2015 7th

for

St. Louis, and a 2015 2nd

St. Louis played 137 games for the Rangers, in which he scored 31 goals and had 51 assists.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Dougie Hamilton confirmed to the Flames, but the return hasn't leaked yet.
Crazy - I never saw that coming

Edit: apparently its picks going back, top one is 15th overall this year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Bruins are done for a bit.

The top three spots in the Atlantic this year have to be favourited towards Tampa, Montreal, with Ottawa and Florida duking it out for the last one.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
A first (15th overall) and 2 2nd round picks is all it cost to acquire Dougie Hamilton.
That is just ridiculous

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Gio-Hamilton
Smid-Wideman
Brodie-Russell
Engelland

Best blue line in the league imo now.

Battle of Alberta should be beyond epic.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'd like to see Bob McKenzie explain this trade. Makes no sense to me.

Even if the Bruins had to trade Hamilton, there had to have been a better return available.. even from another team in the Western Conference.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think he disagreed that Calgary had the best blueline

This.

I just think it is a little to early to declare the Flames defense as better than teams such as the Hawks or the Rangers.

It is a good defense no doubt, but lets see how they play next season.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Disagreed.

Chicago's you can definitely argue is better due to the fact of Seabrook and Keith, but after Hjalmarsson, your going to see quite the exodus there this summer. Rundblad could very well be their number 5 to start the season.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Sorry, stuff is happening and I'm too slow to keep up, can someone explain why Boston traded Hamilton? I know cap space, but that seems like a player you make room for in other ways... doesn't make sense to me at the moment... anyone?

Edit: I mean sorry because I can't read the 10+ pages since I last checked this thread.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Sorry, stuff is happening and I'm too slow to keep up, can someone explain why Boston traded Hamilton? I know cap space, but that seems like a player you make room for in other ways... doesn't make sense to me at the moment... anyone?

Edit: I mean sorry because I can't read the 10+ pages since I last checked this thread.

Cap space and he's asking for more than they're willing to pay.
Also it looks like Kings are getting Lucic pending a physical?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just don't know what the Bruins are doing. Are they going to trade for the 3rd overall pick. But then again, how big of a difference is their between Hamilton and Hannafin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad